The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Who Do We Hate Most?
Cody Jones 2 4.55%
Eric Sachs 14 31.82%
Venus de Milo 16 36.36%
Zach 7 15.91%
Other 5 11.36%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2015, 07:48 PM   #1
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Let the Hate Flow Through You...

I'm curious, which is the most despised TMNT character ever? Main-ish character, not one-off mutant of the week. We're talking the biggies...

I want to know!
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 07:50 PM   #2
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Does April Fox count? Her, if so.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 07:52 PM   #3
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Does April Fox count? Her, if so.
I didn't include her because she's a version of April. And in most versions of TMNT, April is not a hated character. Hated portrayal, though, yeah, the Bay film would be walking away with all of the awards. Like, ALL of the awards.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 07:55 PM   #4
shuriken
Second City Shinobi
 
shuriken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 4,182
Zach. Screw that guy.
__________________
Some things are better left unsaid. This isn't one of them
shuriken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 08:00 PM   #5
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
I think I gotta go with Eric Sachs. That character never deserved to exist in the first place.

Venus never deserved to exist either, but she could have been done much better. No hope at all for Sachs, short of an Utrom exosuit...
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 08:04 PM   #6
shuriken
Second City Shinobi
 
shuriken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 4,182
^^He shoulda been the Shredder in the Bayverse though, since he wasn't he was relegated to Semi-Main-villain but not really... I dunno, I've always liked Fichtner. He was so hammy and it worked IMO. Zach was just an annoying little turd.
__________________
Some things are better left unsaid. This isn't one of them
shuriken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 08:29 PM   #7
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist
 
Metalwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,563
I hate Mr. Ogg. I didn't like how he was 'joking' and laughing and turning the city buildings into various food items.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 08:36 PM   #8
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
I hate Mr. Ogg. I didn't like how he was 'joking' and laughing and turning the city buildings into various food items.
Did he appear more than once? Dimension X weirdo, right?
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 09:18 PM   #9
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
Zach, oh GAWDS yes! Such a whiney little putz, and always causing more problems than he helped solve. That said, I will also nominate Timothy/Pulverizer as the "new" Zach.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 09:21 PM   #10
victory_angel
Foot Elite
 
victory_angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Did he appear more than once? Dimension X weirdo, right?
He appeared only once and he was from Dimention Z.
__________________
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 01:22 AM   #11
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
I'd put Timothy cause he's an idiotic moron that deserves to die. But since he's not in the list, Venus is fine by me too. Redundant bimbo.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 02:09 AM   #12
Shred Head
Hench Mutant
 
Shred Head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 341
This is a hard poll because all these characters are **** but they really didn't do any major damage mostly because the series or movie they appeared in was **** from the start so even if they weren't in it was going to suck anyway. I'll say Cody while Zach was a worse character he was never really in the Fred Wolf cartoon much. Cody on the other hand ruined a great show and was first in line of a whole bunch of terrible characters like Serling. Now that I think about that fake ass C3PO really should be on this list as well.
__________________

"Cold steel meets hot flesh! Thats why they call me Slash!"
Shred Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 02:34 AM   #13
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior
 
DevilSpooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Portugal
Posts: 884
Carver, a crappy character in a show full of crappy characters, ruined a perfectly crappy show for me...
__________________
Life at best is bittersweet
DevilSpooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 03:13 AM   #14
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 9,998
Venus and Eric Sachs were way more dertrimental to the franchise than Zach and Cody have ever been. The average joe has forgotten about those brats.

My vote goes to Eric Sachs. Never thought a character would supplant Venus de Milo in the "hate" department.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:40 AM   #15
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Gotta go with Eric Sacks - a completely pointless character with a lack of any believable motivation and an idiotic "master plan", whose presence was emblematic of everything disastrously wrong with that movie. The major low points are always the ones where they veer the furthest from the source material for no good reason, and that was a pretty rank example. And it was a total waste of William Fichtner.
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:53 AM   #16
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist
 
PangolinFeets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,321
Eric Sachs definitely.

I honestly don't hate Venus because after giving that show a chance, I feel like she's just the scapegoat for everything that was awful about TNM. She sucks, but she sucks about as much as everything on that show.
PangolinFeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:54 AM   #17
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
I'd put Timothy cause he's an idiotic moron that deserves to die.
How many people were happy to see the idiot get mutated and cheered at his misery? I am sure there were a few.

My vote is for Venus. Female turtle to try to maintain interest and gain a more of a female following in a dominantly male fandom? It hurt much more than helped. I generally do not care for Shadow and hope she remains exclusive to the black and white comics as she only serves a living plot point to force maturity in Casey Jones. Pimiko is redundant and any trace of her can live on in Karai. Zack, hated the guy since I was a kid. Annoying and in the way. The only thing I hate about my favorite TMNT (1987) episode is his unfortunate inclusion. Carter and Dregg just seem unnecessary and forced to try to maintain interest in a similar vein as Venus and I cant stand them either for the most part. CBS suit creations that messed up a perfect direction.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 08:56 AM   #18
Klunk1234
Hench Mutant
 
Klunk1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: With the TMNT
Posts: 462
Venus de Milo, definitely.
Klunk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:37 AM   #19
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Sachs. Venus could've been done right.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 05:50 PM   #20
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
Zach was only in 7 episodes of the original toon, out of a 193 episode run. He thankfully didn't appear too much to make a difference.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.