The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2015, 09:34 AM   #41
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
I'm not really surprised by the reactions from those toppers, just no one seems to be happy about the idea of clothing on the Turtles, even though they worn clothing in the comics and cartoons, though for a brief moment when in disguise.

I guess from the filmmaker's eyes, they see the Turtles as naked, and thought putting on clothing would hide there junk, but you never see a bulge on there crotch anyways.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:42 AM   #42
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
I'd put more of the blame on Bay and the higher ups. I'm sure they're giving him the crappy direction.
I can't prove it, but I swear that I saw one of the designers on reddit say Bay said he wanted the Turtles bigger and bulkier. "Make 'em bigger" or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
even though they worn clothing in the comics and cartoons, though for a brief moment when in disguise.
Yes. A brief moment. For disguise purposes. Or other one off needs.

Their main articles of every day wear being headband masks, elbow pads, knee pads, and assorted accoutrement to hold their weapons when not in use. And, more recently, athletic tape around hands, knees, and feet.

That's the main stuff. Now, can they have little subtle flourishes distinct to each Turtle that shows off a bit of personality? Of course. I've posted what I'd like to see each of them wear elsewhere, and it's nowhere near as extreme as PD Turtles are.

There's a point where it becomes ridiculous and too damn much. Platinum Dunes crossed that line and set fire to it long ago.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:43 AM   #43
pdizzle
Stone Warrior
 
pdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: east coast, usa
Posts: 529
why are we yet again getting our first look at the turtles in the form of toys in a sequel to what was considered a financially successful movie instead of actual pictures from the company itself...

Last edited by pdizzle; 12-02-2015 at 03:27 PM.
pdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:43 AM   #44
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
I'd put more of the blame on Bay and the higher ups. I'm sure they're giving him the crappy direction.
I put up links to his site. I also put up links to Kelton. They're both responsible for the kind of design that fans hate. People look at their stuff, and guffaw over the wrong parts.

Cram was the one to put mikes shell on backwards. Jared always wanted to give Donnie that "cool" back pack, and referenced a squid when designing Leo.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:44 AM   #45
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
"I don't see a problem with giving Superman a jet pack as part of his main look. It's been done before, after all, briefly, in cartoons and such, for silly, toy-based reasons that don't make much sense at all for the character. But why not?"

Because it's stupid is why not. Mutant turtles don't need pants, and contrary to what the idiots scripting these movies say as a way of justification, the Turtles have never expressed any desire to "be human" or "fit in". That's a nonsense excuse the movie people made up to justify their poor decisions.

With every step they take, they get farther from "Ninja Turtles" and closer to "Four Guys Painted Green". Which seems to be what they actually want. It's like the absolute last thing the movie people want to do, is make anything like "TMNT" in its proper form. They just want to do "their take" on it, despite their take being completely ass-backwards and wrong.

Ninja Turtles wearing pants and covered with needless junk = Superman With A Jet Pack. Sure, you can try and justify it. You're just wrong to even try, is all.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:50 AM   #46
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdizzle View Post
what is this b*******... And why are we yet again getting our first look at the turtles in the form of toys in a sequel to what was considered a financially successful movie instead of actual pictures from the company itself... This is seriously getting ridiculous on platinum dunes and bay co.
This happened with the first movie, our first look was the maquettes, the toys, promo art, and even the toppers.

I think we will start seeing more stuff being leaked out, leading to the release of the first trailer.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:51 AM   #47
Zak The Neutrino
Stone Warrior
 
Zak The Neutrino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: WI
Posts: 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
"More straps! More claws! More guns! GIVE HIM A JETPACK!" - The Rob Liefeld/Image Comics School of Art & Design.

Literally. That's the entire curriculum.
Since this is a Bay movie you know Shredder is going to have some type of rocket launcher in there too.
Zak The Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:56 AM   #48
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
This happened with the first movie, our first look was the maquettes, the toys, promo art, and even the toppers.

I think we will start seeing more stuff being leaked out, leading to the release of the first trailer.
That's his point. He's saying we SHOULDN'T be seeing these low quality pictures of cheap, poorly detailed tiny plastic figures before we see anything else, like official stills from production or HD character renders of the Turtles themselves.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 10:25 AM   #49
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist
 
Sabacooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
I put up links to his site. I also put up links to Kelton. They're both responsible for the kind of design that fans hate. People look at their stuff, and guffaw over the wrong parts.

Cram was the one to put mikes shell on backwards. Jared always wanted to give Donnie that "cool" back pack, and referenced a squid when designing Leo.
If he was the one that was responsible for that, then yeah, those were not great...at all.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 10:26 AM   #50
pdizzle
Stone Warrior
 
pdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: east coast, usa
Posts: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
That's his point. He's saying we SHOULDN'T be seeing these low quality pictures of cheap, poorly detailed tiny plastic figures before we see anything else, like official stills from production or HD character renders of the Turtles themselves.
exactly this ^^^^
pdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 10:30 AM   #51
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
I remember the day when Mikey's kids halloween costume got leaked and everyone (including me) went ape s*** .

These cake toppers look unfinished to me, too much grey.

I had a feeling that there clothing designs will change. They seem to be wearing less stuff than the 1st movie but these are only toppers, so they could still change them a little bit.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.


Last edited by Vicky82; 11-30-2015 at 10:39 AM.
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 10:34 AM   #52
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Well, reading this thread has definitely not increased my faith in the movie. I think you guys said everything I could ever think of and then some.

But C42... THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH NUTELLA ON LOBSTER. Try it sometime. Make sure the lobster hasn't been refrigerated properly, and that the Nutella is expired.

Consume this delectable culinary delight right as TMNT2 starts. Your body will begin spewing vile fluids from both ends right about the time the Turtles actually show up in their own movie, and an ambulance (or a hearse) will remove you from the theater before you have to suffer the indignity of Michael Bay's Religious War on Comic Book Nerds.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 10:58 AM   #53
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite
 
LeotheLateBloomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,117
I....I, I really don't know what to say. PANTS?! PANTS?! Especially Donatello's latex wearing suspender look. I'll be honest, I'm not TOO bothered with Mikey's look this time around but I'm just going to pretend that this isn't the final design because not even Bay would stoop this low to redesign the turtles. And please for the love of christ tell me that is not Shredder's final design. It's like they WANT to piss us off this much!

Just when you think they take one step forward, they take two steps back. I hope the casuals will find it in their hearts to not support this movie. Otherwise, I will lose faith in humanity. Hell, I pretty much already have.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 11:05 AM   #54
newhire13
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 447
To me their legs look just about the same as they did before, these toppers are just not completely painted.
newhire13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 11:12 AM   #55
bushido
Stone Warrior
 
bushido's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: France
Posts: 708
We have not yet seen the design of Bebop and Rocksteady. The only thing I have now is an unhealthy curiosity of how they will continue to destroy what we love.
__________________
bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 11:21 AM   #56
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
How did they manage to make them look even worse?

How?

HOW!?

It's like they're obsessed with making them not look like freakin' turtles. I just can't understand it. They're either stunningly incompetent or willfully spiteful at this point.
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 11:24 AM   #57
newhire13
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 447
I think it's more or less the same design for their lower halves, it's just not painted. I mean even Raph's toes are black. I think that's a dead giveaway.
newhire13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 11:50 AM   #58
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Fifth Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chicago sewer
Posts: 2,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhire13 View Post
I think it's more or less the same design for their lower halves, it's just not painted. I mean even Raph's toes are black. I think that's a dead giveaway.
Playmates will be doing back flips! All they have to do is reuse their ****** movie 1 figures molds and paint the legs a solid color and presto "movie 2 figures.":

Last edited by The Fifth Turtle; 11-30-2015 at 01:30 PM.
The Fifth Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 12:52 PM   #59
beeshaw
Hench Mutant
 
beeshaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Toronto-ish
Posts: 341
Yeah...those look bad. REAL bad. And I didn't mind most of the design in first place.

When's that toy show (was it NY?) ? That's where we got our first 'real' look at the Turtles last time.

LMAO. Sad but true. They already repacked Movie Leo 3 times now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Turtle View Post
Playmates will be doing back flips! All they have to do is reuse their ****** movie 1 figures and paint the legs a solid color and presto "movie 2 figures.":
__________________
beeshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 01:16 PM   #60
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
So the only thing majorly different this time around is them wearing pants? Seriously, did they even pay attention to the complaints regarding the designs in the first place?
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
benjamin shhhh, complaining :p, destroying my childhood!, horror, michael bay's tmnt, someonestopthemadness, tags added by autobot, the fancypants rants, thinkofthechildren, trollortreater bitching


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.