The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2016, 11:37 AM   #521
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
I always felt the mirage and fw Casey had shorter hair not buzzed but spikey messy hair. But it wasn't long like the 90s movie. I honestly think I prefer shorter hair then shoulder length
Sure. Casey in the 1009 movie had one of the longer hair styles, but.
Spoiler:















Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 11:54 AM   #522
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
If it please the court, the prosecution will at this time present Exhibits A through H.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 12:21 PM   #523
RETTEB SNATAS
Thug
 
RETTEB SNATAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Southington
Posts: 83
Gotcha, I wish they would have let some length happen in the new film, but It won't kill it for me anyway.
RETTEB SNATAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 12:27 PM   #524
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist
 
Technogeek29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Huntsville
Posts: 1,486
Shortest haired versions of the character are

Nick


IDW


Compared to most versions.

EDIT: Even Nick Casey looks very much not right in the head, IDW Casey may be the most sane but for how long is the question?
__________________
Technogeek29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 12:56 PM   #525
neatoman
Overlord
 
neatoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Sure. Casey in the 1009 movie had one of the longer hair styles
Damn dude, I didn't know there was a TMNT movie in 1009, let alone camera technology.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 12:57 PM   #526
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Damn dude, I didn't know there was a TMNT movie in 1009, let alone camera technology.
Time travel confirmed.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 12:59 PM   #527
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
The Vikings was ahead of their time in more things then boat building.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 01:06 PM   #528
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
The Vikings was ahead of their time in more things then boat building.
Ever since that guy in the flying blue box, they've just been KILLING it in civilization development.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 01:39 PM   #529
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technogeek29 View Post
Shortest haired versions of the character are

Nick
http://comicsalliance.com/files/2013...mntnewmain.jpg

IDW
http://4thletter.net/wp-content/uploads//ntcasey.jpg

Compared to most versions.

EDIT: Even Nick Casey looks very much not right in the head, IDW Casey may be the most sane but for how long is the question?
So basically every version of the character has shaggy and/or messy dark hair and an all-around grungy, rough "look".

BayCasey is a clean-cut blonde guy who looks like an Abercrombie model.
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 03:22 PM   #530
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
So basically every version of the character has shaggy and/or messy dark hair and an all-around grungy, rough "look".

BayCasey is a clean-cut blonde guy who looks like an Abercrombie model.
And people are a-okay with that because lemmings!
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 03:32 PM   #531
d_osborn
Mad Scientist
 
d_osborn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
And people are a-okay with that because lemmings!
I grew up with an Amiga 500. Lemmings was fantastic.


I'm with you guys, though. Casey looks or feels nothing like Casey. Paul Dano would have been an interesting, non-macho take. I love seeing Casey as a broke, on-edge nutcase. I don't think he would have even considered touching it, though. Great actor!

d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 03:37 PM   #532
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
And even though I know I'm repeating myself now, character design is important. It serves an essential storytelling purpose. How a character looks, how they dress, how they keep their hair, it all tells you about their personality. It's visual shorthand, it's "show, don't tell". Ideally you can give the audience a solid idea of that character's personality, even parts of their back story, without them saying a word. And that's important because it means you get to skip the excessive exposition and get to the point of the story.

Character design isn't arbitrary. Is very important and needs a lot of thought and effort put into it. Character design is part of what the character is. If you completely change the design, you effectively change the character just as much.

I just find it funny in this case, where they effectively stripped Casey of all of his personality, but for the Turtles they completely cover them with a bunch of ridiculous, clowny flair and nonsense that goes way too far in the other direction. These guys do not have a deft hand, that much is clear.
__________________

Last edited by Bry; 02-16-2016 at 03:45 PM.
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 03:37 PM   #533
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
I grew up with an Amiga 500. Lemmings was fantastic.
http://i.imgur.com/il2KfiU.jpg
Pizza wasn't popular in the U.S. until after WWII, when U.S. troops (including Dwight Eisenhower) returned home from occupied Italy with an appreciation for Italian pizza.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.

Last edited by TrickOrTreater; 02-16-2016 at 04:05 PM.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 04:12 PM   #534
Galactus
Foot Elite
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
You guys are the people straight up saying anyone who is excited for this movie is stupid or mentally slow. Or some how lower then your almight selves.
Is that any different from you implying some people on here were idiots a year ago for not seeing how "obvious" it was the 2014 was using the IDW reincarnation origin?

Or how about smugly saying you were laughing at us and describing us as paranoid and crazy for not buying their **** n' bull story that the re-shoots were just pickups to accommodate Fox's post pregnancy figure and not significantly altering major parts of the movie?

Or how you tried to shut down suggestions that William Fichtner was ever supposed to be the Shredder and claiming we all fell in to their trap and got played?

Turns out we were right about everything and you were the one that was wrong. Perhaps you should consider that we're not too far off the mark and we've earned the right to say we know better when it come to this movie series.

On the subject at hand as you might have figured out by now I'm a traditionalist when it comes to character designs but generally don't care too much about hair style or eye color unless it's intrinsic to the character's look. For example I couldn't give a crap about whether Megan Fox had red hair or not but strangely I do care about Casey's long hair. I think it's because of Casey's new mask, the hair would make help break it up so it wouldn't look like that thing is encompassing his entire head. As others have said the whole look is just too clean cut in general. Of course that's because by their own admission they are reinventing the character which in itself is bizarre given that they are giving us the hard sell on how this movie is ultra faithful and pulling from various sources etc. Doesn't bode well for the rest of the movie being faithful to the canon, does it?

Last edited by Galactus; 02-16-2016 at 06:17 PM.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 09:20 PM   #535
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior
 
DevilSpooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Portugal
Posts: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
When has anyone said any of that? Seriously. I know I haven't.
Not wanting to take sides or even want to be a part of this stupid discussion but really? What about this one? Or this one where they outright called TigerClaw a retard? (a Mod actually deleted so here's a quote someone made to the original while he himself was aproving the insult). Or this gold one that roleplays the forum as an asylum where the inmates are the ones that actually like the movie where the "haters" are the doctors and staff.

So yeah, it appears everyone should accept others opinions, unless the others are the ones that actually liked the damn movie...
__________________
Life at best is bittersweet
DevilSpooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:02 PM   #536
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
When has anyone said any of that? Seriously. I know I haven't.
I probably have. I'm pretty sure of it.

Not sorry. I mean it's no different from when someone tells me they're a huge Grateful Dead fan, like, "Thanks, it's best I know you have horrible taste and opinions before I waste any of my time talking to you."

It's never been personal, guys. I just like knowing how to approach people as individuals; knowing who's full of sh*t helps expedite things.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:51 PM   #537
d_osborn
Mad Scientist
 
d_osborn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Pizza wasn't popular in the U.S. until after WWII, when U.S. troops (including Dwight Eisenhower) returned home from occupied Italy with an appreciation for Italian pizza.
So because I posted a smart ass reply to a lemmings comment (honestly, it was a great game), I like my TMNT as pizza fiends? How on Earth did you come to that conclusion?

I mean, it's an interesting fact. Don't get me wrong. I was hoping the Casey fan-casting comment would lead to more discussion than the Lemmings thing.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 01:45 AM   #538
Myko
Thug
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 73
My mental image of the new mask was much worse than what it is, looking at that picture on the last page. If he had had long hair and not the male model appearance I think it could've looked decent enough.
Myko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 04:14 AM   #539
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Is that any different from you implying some people on here were idiots a year ago for not seeing how "obvious" it was the 2014 was using the IDW reincarnation origin?

Or how about smugly saying you were laughing at us and describing us as paranoid and crazy for not buying their **** n' bull story that the re-shoots were just pickups to accommodate Fox's post pregnancy figure and not significantly altering major parts of the movie?

Or how you tried to shut down suggestions that William Fichtner was ever supposed to be the Shredder and claiming we all fell in to their trap and got played?

Turns out we were right about everything and you were the one that was wrong. Perhaps you should consider that we're not too far off the mark and we've earned the right to say we know better when it come to this movie series.

On the subject at hand as you might have figured out by now I'm a traditionalist when it comes to character designs but generally don't care too much about hair style or eye color unless it's intrinsic to the character's look. For example I couldn't give a crap about whether Megan Fox had red hair or not but strangely I do care about Casey's long hair. I think it's because of Casey's new mask, the hair would make help break it up so it wouldn't look like that thing is encompassing his entire head. As others have said the whole look is just too clean cut in general. Of course that's because by their own admission they are reinventing the character which in itself is bizarre given that they are giving us the hard sell on how this movie is ultra faithful and pulling from various sources etc. Doesn't bode well for the rest of the movie being faithful to the canon, does it?
He should, but he won't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post
Oh no. One "elitist snob" post, one semi-rude post, and one silly joke post made as a silly joke.

How utterly terrible.

I'll get the after school special group in here and we'll have a pow-wow.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 05:41 AM   #540
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Okay, fair enough. There was some rudeness. I don't have time to go archive-diving myself, but I promise you there's been plenty of it going the opposite direction as well. Hell, I remember how bad things got when the first BayTurtles movie came out, and it sure as hell wasn't one-sided. Just read Galactus' post above yours. Plenty of people have been insulted, flamed, and mocked by people on Sam's "side" for their criticisms... which turned out to be 100% correct.

Besides. In this particular case? Things were actually pretty civil at first. Until Sam couldn't handle his arguments being disproven, until he kept changing what his argument even was, trying to reframe the debate and shift the goalposts so he could be "right" even though nothing he said held up. See how that could get frustrating?

He's absolutely entitled to his opinions, but he's not entitled to have other people agree with them, or accept his "facts" as true when they're not. He likes the movies, he's motivated to defend them, and he'll make whatever defense he can to support his bias. And when the same routine plays out again and again and again... I think it's kind of understandable when some people lose the kid gloves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post
So yeah, it appears everyone should accept others opinions, unless the others are the ones that actually liked the damn movie...
Speaking for myself, at least? I didn't say his opinions weren't "accepted". I've said repeatedly that anyone's allowed to like whatever they like. That's totally valid.

But if someone's trying to refute someone else's opinions with "facts" that are disproven and/or totally false, why would anyone else give them a free pass? Why should they?
__________________

Last edited by Bry; 02-17-2016 at 06:08 AM.
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tmnt superbowl trailer


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.