The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2016, 10:47 AM   #1321
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I'm wondering if they'll make a joke against the Bayturtles in this. Looks so freakin' awesome, I'm so hyped. & it's dope to hear we will get a glimpse of Mirage too. I had hoped we would, though I'd rather it have been a surprise... Why must everything be spoiled?
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 11:46 AM   #1322
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist
 
Technogeek29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Huntsville
Posts: 1,486
Hmm Mirage Turtles? Nothing more than a cameo most likely? I wonder if they will actually say a line or will it just be them hoping across roof tops?
__________________
Technogeek29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 01:28 PM   #1323
Yoshimickster
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 106
YOSH-87 crossover! One step closer to Alpha One showing up!
Yoshimickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 01:43 PM   #1324
The Happy One
Hench Mutant
 
The Happy One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: The...Earth??
Posts: 299
Hmm....that's um...well it sure looks unique! Guess, it'll take some getting used to, huh?

I'm just hoping this is some unedited clip...it has to be.
The Happy One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 01:44 PM   #1325
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
What do you mean "un-edited"?
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 01:46 PM   #1326
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
I wonder if the 1980s Bebop and Rocksteady will show up as well, It would be interesting how the current Bebop and Rocksteady would react seeing the 1980s version.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 01:47 PM   #1327
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I love how in the poster their poses come from various different TMNT games. Most notably, FW Raph is from Turtles In Time's character selection screen, & Nick Mikey from the original arcade game's "box" art.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 01:50 PM   #1328
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I love how in the poster their poses come from various different TMNT games. Most notably, FW Raph is from Turtles In Time's character selection screen, & Nick Mikey from the original arcade game's "box" art.
Huh, I didn't notice until you mentioned it. I do find it funny though how both versions of Raphael remain in their respective world, but accompanied by their brothers' counterparts.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 02:08 PM   #1329
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior
 
Splinter the boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 938
I'm so excited for this. I wonder what they'll be doing in the crossover episode. I whish they get a glimpse of the 2012 Shredder, and Mikey would be like: "Dude, Your Shredder is way more threatening than ours". I just think it'd be cool.
__________________

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 03:19 PM   #1330
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter the boss View Post
I'm so excited for this. I wonder what they'll be doing in the crossover episode. I whish they get a glimpse of the 2012 Shredder, and Mikey would be like: "Dude, Your Shredder is way more threatening than ours". I just think it'd be cool.
I'd go a step further. I'd love it if Shredder pimp slaps the 80s Turtles and they're just sitting there in awe. Or vise versa if the 80s Turtles are struggling with their Shredder and the 2012 Turtles just pimp slap.

Either way, I wanna see some pimp slapping.
Foombamaroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 03:56 PM   #1331
SKX31
Random Punk
 
SKX31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
I'd go a step further. I'd love it if Shredder pimp slaps the 80s Turtles and they're just sitting there in awe. Or vise versa if the 80s Turtles are struggling with their Shredder and the 2012 Turtles just pimp slap.

Either way, I wanna see some pimp slapping.
Again though, Forever did that exact same schtick with "our Shredder's much more threatening than 80's Shredder". Especially when the 4Kids crew made sure Ch'rell's threat level could not be topped in that regard. Ever.

Yes, betraying and murdering Splinter instead of saving the planet just for revenge is pretty high on the "threat" list, but that pales in comparison to Ch'rell's entire plan. Lest not forget:

1. He attempted to break down - pretty much murder - all 8 turtles in front of 2K3 Splinter - so he could locate Mirageverse.

2. Entire dimensions got erased on screen by Ch'rell's mere presence in the Mirageverse. For all intents and purposes, the support cast of 87 and 2K3 are killed (although erased sounds much worse when thinking about it. Talk about existential crises galore). Ch'rell also implies with the "destroy the source, and you'd set off a chain reaction" comment that every single Turtleverse (that's acknowledged anyway) is completely erased into non-existence.

3. And subsequently - everything within the Mirage verse got erased by Ch'rell trying to murder the prototypical turtles before the first issue even takes place.

Sure, the dimensions reappeard - but we've speculated tons about Splinter's death being averted (and it's hinted by the Space arc's time travel and save-the-world theme).

Honestly, I kinda think Nick's best off joking about that. Maybe have Paulsen's Raph comment "Yea, our last adventure with turtles from another dimension was definitely a treat."
SKX31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 04:23 PM   #1332
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: what is going on..........
Posts: 5,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKX31 View Post
Again though, Forever did that exact same schtick with "our Shredder's much more threatening than 80's Shredder". Especially when the 4Kids crew made sure Ch'rell's threat level could not be topped in that regard. Ever.

Yes, betraying and murdering Splinter instead of saving the planet just for revenge is pretty high on the "threat" list, but that pales in comparison to Ch'rell's entire plan. Lest not forget:

1. He attempted to break down - pretty much murder - all 8 turtles in front of 2K3 Splinter - so he could locate Mirageverse.

2. Entire dimensions got erased on screen by Ch'rell's mere presence in the Mirageverse. For all intents and purposes, the support cast of 87 and 2K3 are killed (although erased sounds much worse when thinking about it. Talk about existential crises galore). Ch'rell also implies with the "destroy the source, and you'd set off a chain reaction" comment that every single Turtleverse (that's acknowledged anyway) is completely erased into non-existence.

3. And subsequently - everything within the Mirage verse got erased by Ch'rell trying to murder the prototypical turtles before the first issue even takes place.

Sure, the dimensions reappeard - but we've speculated tons about Splinter's death being averted (and it's hinted by the Space arc's time travel and save-the-world theme).

Honestly, I kinda think Nick's best off joking about that. Maybe have Paulsen's Raph comment "Yea, our last adventure with turtles from another dimension was definitely a treat."
Not to mention the enormous body count that Ch`rell already has, well over millions, had intentions for universal conquest and to enslave his own species,.

My score (according to that old meme)
2012 Shredder - Lawful evil
1987 Shredder - Neutral Evil
2003 Shredder - Chaotic Evil

Though, I think even Ch`rell would tell 2012 Shredder to back the **** up in his treatment of Karai. They both have some serious issues, but between the two of them, it could be argued that Ch`rell is a marginally better parent than 2012. Marginally.
__________________
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 04:36 PM   #1333
The Happy One
Hench Mutant
 
The Happy One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: The...Earth??
Posts: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
What do you mean "un-edited"?
Oh, as in, that they still might have some touching up to do.

Sorry, my terminology might’ve been wrong.
The Happy One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 05:36 PM   #1334
Cartoon Fanboy
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 266
I'm curious about a few things for this crossover episode that is coming up.
- Since the Mirage Turtles are in it, will they make a cameo or a big role?
- Will there be figures made afterwards for this episode? (Like the 1987 Turtles and Krang)
- Will there be any reference to Turtles Forever?
- At what time of period are the Turtles in? (Due to the fact that the Turtles went to the 2012 New York City and the 2012 Turtles are in the past)
Cartoon Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 05:40 PM   #1335
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,792
Why'd it only have to be 1 episode? Instead of some epic crossover with the Turtles and Krang its all rushed into a measly 22 minute episode.

I can't understand it since this show does multipart eps all the time. They essentially created all these CG models for no reason.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 05:50 PM   #1336
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartoon Fanboy View Post
I'm curious about a few things for this crossover episode that is coming up.
- Since the Mirage Turtles are in it, will they make a cameo or a big role?
- Will there be figures made afterwards for this episode? (Like the 1987 Turtles and Krang)
- Will there be any reference to Turtles Forever?
- At what time of period are the Turtles in? (Due to the fact that the Turtles went to the 2012 New York City and the 2012 Turtles are in the past)
-Probably just a brief 2D animation (or motion comic?) cameo akin to the FW turtles' first appearance (where they simply look into the portal & react at them).
-Hard to say, but those Spittin' turtle sculpts may hint at such a thing. Playmates has been clear that turtle variants sell better than anything else, so it's certainly possible... Either way, the Bandai figures are very close to this appearance. Can't wait to pose them with my Revoltech turtles to recreate scenes from this.
-Dunno, hope so.
-6 months in the past, Nick series wise.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 06:42 PM   #1337
matteso586
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 712
Does anyone think that the butterfly-effect may be a story element in the crossover. The 1987 Turtles could have make contact with the 2012 Turtles' past selves. But instead, they made contact with the ones that traveled back in time. And from the IGN article, I'm thinking that Subprime's latest near death experience is what caused the events of the crossover.
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 04:15 AM   #1338
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
There are 2 new episode descriptions on Zap2It, Trans Dimensional Turtles and Revenge of the Triceratons and that episode is a Donnie centric episode so Donnie fans will be happy.

I can't post them because I'm at work so hopefully someone else will.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 04:44 AM   #1339
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist
 
AlZarkovski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Russia
Posts: 1,079
S04, E11 Revenge of the Triceratons
Donatello is feeling inferior to Fugitoid, but his intellect is put to the test when the Triceratons attack. (4/03/2016)

S04, E10 Trans-Dimensional Turtles
The Turtles are transported to another dimension where they meet their 1980s counterparts and work together to battle Krang. (3/27/2016)
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 08:16 AM   #1340
Cartoon Fanboy
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
-Probably just a brief 2D animation (or motion comic?) cameo akin to the FW turtles' first appearance (where they simply look into the portal & react at them).
-Hard to say, but those Spittin' turtle sculpts may hint at such a thing. Playmates has been clear that turtle variants sell better than anything else, so it's certainly possible... Either way, the Bandai figures are very close to this appearance. Can't wait to pose them with my Revoltech turtles to recreate scenes from this.
-Dunno, hope so.
-6 months in the past, Nick series wise.
I know that it is 6 months back, but what were the Turtles up to 6 months back? In the clip, you see that there is no Kraang Invasion, which means it might take place before the Kraang Invasion. Also, how long have they been in space? A month?
Cartoon Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ban shredder orokusaki, cybercubed is corrupted, i love shredder orokusaki, schnappo, season 4, tmnt 2012


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.