The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2016, 05:15 PM   #461
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
To be fair, you have to keep in mind that studio plants HAVE visited this site before. Not that I think Vicky's a plant, mind you...
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 05:18 PM   #462
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
For all you guys know, *I* may be a plant. For you see even though I registered here back in 2004, I had foreseen exactly 10 years later in the year 2014 we would get a terrible TMNT movie with nostrils and humanoid looking turtles. I established myself early on in the TMNT community to become a fandom veteran, and had cast my shadow over the next decade of the fandom.

Except I sort of liked Out of the Shadows. Perhaps I am a plant without even knowing it, like I was pre-programmed similar to Captain America being a Hyrda agent all along.

Perhaps that's why I am the way I am.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 05:19 PM   #463
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
You do realize that what you're doing is incredibly rude and hurtful to new fans.... oh that's right you could give to sh!ts about other people. All you care about is getting what you want like a selfish prick. I'm glad you enjoy making fun of others, and preventing this place from being hospitable to new fans. Which goes against what this forum even stands for. And the fact that you so vehemently despise the majority of what this franchise has to offer makes me wonder why you're even here.
Sensitive much? And I don't think there's a large degree of a problem having fun at TPTB's expense... when they've certainly been having fun at ours. And the franchise's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
For all you guys know, *I* may be a plant. For you see even though I registered here back in 2004
Could be a sleeper plant. Like Cap.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 05:25 PM   #464
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Could be a sleeper plant. Like Cap.
Hail Platinum Dunes.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 05:26 PM   #465
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So the original budget was $135 million, and I imagine another $30 million at the least for advertising?

So if sales in the U.S. are pretty much nearly done it won't even crack $100 million, which still leaves at least $60 million or more unaccounted for.
General rule of thumb is that a movie has to make 2.5x its production budget to break even depending on current exchange rates.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 05:31 PM   #466
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
To be fair, you have to keep in mind that studio plants HAVE visited this site before. Not that I think Vicky's a plant, mind you...
Like who... those jerk who came for like a week and left those are trolls not plants the kids who enjoyed the last movie who got bullied into leaving weren't plants either. Name one user who you actually thought was a legit plant. Smh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Sensitive much? And I don't think there's a large degree of a problem having fun at TPTB's expense... when they've certainly been having fun at ours. And the franchise's.



Could be a sleeper plant. Like Cap.
What ever you want to keep telling yourself it's ok to be a jerk to people and fans. Especially new fans. Who think sure let's go to a fan site to talk about something they are a fan of to be bullied into never posting again great job prick. Smh.
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 05:34 PM   #467
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
Like who... those jerk who came for like a week and left those are trolls not plants
Believe what you want, man.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 05:41 PM   #468
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
What ever you want to keep telling yourself it's ok to be a jerk to people and fans. Especially new fans. Who think sure let's go to a fan site to talk about something they are a fan of to be bullied into never posting again great job prick. Smh.
To be fair, based on the box office results, this movie probably hasn't made any "new fans".
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 05:41 PM   #469
myconius
Abby Normal
 
myconius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Posts: 2,857
the movie studios should realize they aren't going to make ALL their money back in one week's time.

how long do movies stay in the theatre usually? one month? two?
__________________
myconius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 05:42 PM   #470
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
the movie studios should realize they aren't going to make ALL their money back in one week's time.
No, but blockbuster releases are seriously front-loaded. Very often making 1/3 or more of their overall box office take in the first weekend alone.
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 05:44 PM   #471
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
No, but blockbuster releases are seriously front-loaded. Very often making 1/3 or more of their overall box office take in the first weekend alone.
Plus theaters get a higher percentage of the box office after the first couple of weeks.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 05:50 PM   #472
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
This reminds me of my last family reunion.

Except the crazy aunt isn't trying to bludgeon anybody with a pool cue.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 05:53 PM   #473
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
Name one user who you actually thought was a legit plant.
samxsteal
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 05:54 PM   #474
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
To be fair, based on the box office results, this movie probably hasn't made any "new fans".
Which is a shame because this movie was much better the the first. I just hope a new movie or a sequel gets worked on sooner rather then later but I don think that going to happen for some time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
the movie studios should realize they aren't going to make ALL their money back in one week's time.

how long do movies stay in the theatre usually? one month? two?
Depends on how well it performs movie who do well tend to stay longer movie that don't usually get pulled empty theater doesn't make the theaters money
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 05:56 PM   #475
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
I'm certainly not going to name the plants. Using their names gives them legitimacy that they do not deserve.

But boy howdy, it is quite the rodeo mixing it up with those fellas when they come onto the 'Drome. Yeehaw!
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 06:03 PM   #476
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist
 
Technogeek29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Huntsville
Posts: 1,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
the movie studios should realize they aren't going to make ALL their money back in one week's time.

how long do movies stay in the theatre usually? one month? two?
Civil War is still playing at the base and pulling in quite a lot of profit.
__________________
Technogeek29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 06:11 PM   #477
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technogeek29 View Post
Civil War is still playing at the base and pulling in quite a lot of profit.
Deadpool and The Force Awakens both stayed in theaters longer than a quarter*, I believe.

*three months
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 06:12 PM   #478
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Deadpool and The Force Awakens both stayed in theaters longer than a quarter*, I believe.

*three months
Now that is what I call impressive.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 06:15 PM   #479
myconius
Abby Normal
 
myconius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Posts: 2,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
No, but blockbuster releases are seriously front-loaded. Very often making 1/3 or more of their overall box office take in the first weekend alone.
well if THAT's the case then if they don't scrap the idea of a sequel completely, then next time the actors playing the Turtles will be running around dressed like this

__________________
myconius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 06:16 PM   #480
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Now that is what I call impressive.
Agreed. I want to say I saw both of those last four months in my local theaters.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
april_screwed_by_cubed, big turtle gherkin, cybercubedthevirgin, neatomanlovesoots, tmnt ass juice, water the plants


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.