The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2017, 08:08 AM   #21
pferreira
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingoji View Post
Maybe I was just spoiled by the UK Transformers comic though, which pioneered the same template of US reprint > UK original > US > UK material as TMNT, only the UK Material was saved for between US arcs rather than inserted randomly wherever, and was designed to actually maintain and add to the canon of the US material as one cohesive whole universe.
Fleetway was capable of good comics like Sonic The Comic but I only have vivid memories of the UK Hero Turtles comic. I still maintain though that the Marvel RGB was in some ways better than the Now Comics RGB. I definitely don't feel the Now Comics version was superior to Marvel's comic.

Thanks!
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 09:09 AM   #22
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
Hi guys! Yeah, I was having a blast scanning in the issues. Unfortunately, life happened. My scanner wire broke, then I got it replaced, then my scanner broke. Then I got a girlfriend who is now my wife, two kids, etc and hardly any free time with family/work. Most of my comics are no longer easy to access either. Still a lurker here, although hardly post much these days!
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 09:42 AM   #23
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by discordiatookie View Post
Hi guys! Yeah, I was having a blast scanning in the issues. Unfortunately, life happened. My scanner wire broke, then I got it replaced, then my scanner broke. Then I got a girlfriend who is now my wife, two kids, etc and hardly any free time with family/work. Most of my comics are no longer easy to access either. Still a lurker here, although hardly post much these days!
Thanks for dropping by, DT! Congratulations on life progress!

Uh... you don't have a copy of the elusive issue #66 or the 2nd set of Poster Mags, do you?
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 10:58 AM   #24
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
Just raked through my doom cupboard and found this... I've only got the first set of poster mags though!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170204_175756.jpg (96.9 KB, 19 views)
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 03:15 PM   #25
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by discordiatookie View Post
Just raked through my doom cupboard and found this...
Seems like the Turtles were always talking Michelangleo into taking the undesirable chores!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 07:25 PM   #26
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior
 
DevilSpooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Portugal
Posts: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by discordiatookie View Post
Hi guys! Yeah, I was having a blast scanning in the issues. Unfortunately, life happened. My scanner wire broke, then I got it replaced, then my scanner broke. Then I got a girlfriend who is now my wife, two kids, etc and hardly any free time with family/work. Most of my comics are no longer easy to access either. Still a lurker here, although hardly post much these days!
That's ok, we apreciate the effort anyway, maybe someday someone will pick up after you
__________________
Life at best is bittersweet
DevilSpooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 05:47 AM   #27
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
At least one story especially rocked. "April Android" where Krang builds a robot looking like April to trick and destroy the turtles.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 05:59 PM   #28
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior
 
DevilSpooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Portugal
Posts: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
At least one story especially rocked. "April Android" where Krang builds a robot looking like April to trick and destroy the turtles.
Don't remember that one, probably one of the ones I'm missing, my favorites are the one with the Toy maker that created 4 female turtles () to kidnap the boys, the one with the 4 evil turtles form another dimension and the one with Krang's pet, love April on that one and how she risked her life to stop the creature
__________________
Life at best is bittersweet
DevilSpooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fleetway, hero turtles


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.