![]() |
|
|
#41 |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
|
Great interview and awesome cover! Thanks for posting.
I absolutely love reading these interviews and getting a peek behind the scenes with Bobby, Tom, or Kevin. Please keep doing these guys, I find them fascinating. |
|
|
|
|
|
#42 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Baltimore, Marlyand
Posts: 249
|
Nah Kevin leaked the info at the con he was at in Belgium this weekend
|
|
|
|
|
|
#43 | ||
|
Annalist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
|
Quote:
Quote:
That said, I'm definitely excited for #71-72. But first... BACK TO BISHOP.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
#44 |
|
Mutant Tiger
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
|
I wonder if they are gonna make Jagwar a mutant, and they will borrow the idea from the archie comic of him being born of a human mother, and jaguar spirit.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#45 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
|
Hard to believe after this and the Trial of Krang, IDW TMNT will be at nearly 80 issues. After that just 20 issues till the big 100. They're probably going to wrap up a lot of the major plotlines by then, most obvious one being the Pantheon finally, so I hope they take care of a lot of the groundwork now.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#46 | |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
|
Quote:
That said, I wouldn't mind a fresh start after issue #100/150. By that I mean a new main writer and set of artists to shake things up and give a fresh direction. I'd still love to see Kevin involved in whatever capacity. I'm blown away by what the current team has been able to achieve in regards to keeping things consistent over such a long period of time, but I do think it's nearly time to see what another team can do with the reigns. That said, I'd never wish anyone out of a job, the current book is something special, and "the grass is always greener...", so I look forward to whatever comes next for this book. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#47 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
|
Well all the specials and Universe have different writers already. I prefer they continue with the same continuity until whenever the series ends or gets canceled, which hopefully won't be for a long time.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#48 |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,951
|
I've repeatedly stated that I feel like this book can go to #150 and possibly even further beyond. There's just so much history to mine, and new original directions to take, that a reboot/relaunch wouldn't really be bringing anything worthwhile to the table. How would it start? Another feud with Shredder? Nope, much better they stay the course and keep building on the world and its characters. IDW TMNT can go up to #200, if it keeps up this level of quality.
Last edited by ChosenOne; 02-27-2017 at 07:40 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#49 | |
|
Annalist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
|
Quote:
I'd MUCH rather see this build to Issue #300. Just keep going and going. Then, if Bobby, Tom, and Kevin run out of ideas, build to an epic climax and end. THEN a new take.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#50 | |
|
Dub Professor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dub Side of the Moon
Posts: 3,491
|
Quote:
That being said, I could understand if the team decided to restart their numbering after #100, without rebooting. Call it a jumping on point for new readers, whatever, it'll probably be a new and interesting status quo anyways. The Turtles will likely have laid to rest some of their foes for good and have a whole new batch of enemies to fight. Those of us who have been here since the early days will know that that #1 is really a #101. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#51 | |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,951
|
Quote:
Making it past 100 issues and counting should be a badge of honor, not something to be ashamed of. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#52 | |
|
Dub Professor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dub Side of the Moon
Posts: 3,491
|
Quote:
Think about it like this: if you could choose between getting another 100 issues, guaranteed, with no reboot and all plot threads being continued, but with the issue numbering starting over, or another 100 issues starting at #101 but with only a, let's say, 50% chance of sales staying strong enough to get through another 100 issues without getting canceled before then, which would you choose?? I know I'd go for the sure thing! Of course things aren't nearly that simple in real life, but just as a simple thought exercise I would much rather IDW do what is best for the series' longevity than get caught up on something as trivial as issue numbering. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#53 | |
|
Annalist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
|
Quote:
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#54 |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 95
|
I agree. I'm sick of re-launching! TMNT is doing great right now. They have good writing and artistic talents. I say keep it up! TMNT Universe definitely allows for them to try out other things and types of stories. In the future, there may be something that works really well on Universe that can be carried over. But I for one, am happy with the continuity of the main book!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#55 |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
|
I can understand why I am in the minority on wanting a "fresh start". It's a breath of fresh air, what IDW is doing with their numbering.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#56 | |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,951
|
Quote:
You have to realize that the jumping-on point notion wouldn't afford them that much extra leeway if things were really that bad... It's a temporary fix, 10 issues or so into the relaunch and sales would be the same as they were in a post-100 landscape. That's almost always the case. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#57 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
|
Honestly issue count going on past #101 is just a number. IDW TMNT ALREADY has 100+ issues when you count all the specials/mini's/Universe combined.
If they feel starting over at #1 after issue 100 comes out will increase sales and keep the series around, that's for the best. It'll likely keep the same continuity and I doubt Tom or Bobby will quit anytime soon, so we'll have the same creative team. |
|
|
|
|
|
#58 | |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,951
|
Quote:
Now, I'm not gonna comment on the quality of that comic post-All Out War, but for such a great series as IDW TMNT, and all things being equal, I'd rather they kept pushing the envelope as far as they can on the numbering. Counting past 100 says to the readers, both current and potential: "Look, here is a confident long-running comic that isn't afraid of its own history, it's good and we know it, why don't you come find out too?" How often are readers hooked solely on relaunches, anyway? Isn't that a bit too 90's speculative boom-ish? Personally, I've often picked up new comics (Afterlife with Archie, Manifest Destiny, etc) several issues in and only because someone told me about them, or I read something about them online that made me curious. Word of mouth can have a much more positive impact than seeing a new #1 in the stores. Last edited by ChosenOne; 02-28-2017 at 11:52 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#59 |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
|
Anyone else curious as to what Tom is hinting at when he mentions having a bigger reveal than the reincarnation aspect?
The reincarnation idea really was fantastic, so I'm definitely curious to see what other big plans he has in store before issue 100. Any hints, Tom? |
|
|
|
|
|
#60 | |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,951
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| concept art, kevin eastman |
|
|