The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2017, 08:11 AM   #321
newfan
Mad Scientist
 
newfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 2,393
Do you think that's because people think what made them happy has to be something different that stands out? It does say 'What made you happy today' rather than 'what makes you happy' Not saying it would get more response but it's a bit more general. Also we tend to vent more about things that upset us to get it off our chests rather than talk about the things that are making us content/lightly happy most of the time.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 11:42 AM   #322
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
especially since so many people think they are happy and positive compared to the rest of us .
Isn't that a good thing? Why shouldn't people be happy and positive? You almost sound like you're kind of jealous or bitter here of other peoples lives.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 11:53 AM   #323
Vegita-San
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Do you think that's because people think what made them happy has to be something different that stands out? It does say 'What made you happy today' rather than 'what makes you happy' Not saying it would get more response but it's a bit more general. Also we tend to vent more about things that upset us to get it off our chests rather than talk about the things that are making us content/lightly happy most of the time.
what made you happy today might get less responses, but I tend to think 'what makes you happy' would die out even faster than the original title. once 30 or so people respond to it, that'd be it. I like the original thread title better though .
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 12:00 PM   #324
newfan
Mad Scientist
 
newfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 2,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
what made you happy today might get less responses, but I tend to think 'what makes you happy' would die out even faster than the original title. once 30 or so people respond to it, that'd be it. I like the original thread title better though .
Yeah I can see the current title would keep it going longer.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 03:44 PM   #325
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
The f act that the Grind thread far out weighs the happy thread is rather sad.
The reason it's so active is it's like the same 5 people using it as a daily vent journal, & they all reply to one another's respective gripes.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 06:35 PM   #326
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: what is going on..........
Posts: 5,318
In the multitudes of issues my brother has been having living on his own that is now requiring him to stop doing that, he does not budge on my parents telling him to stop. So, when I told my dad that eventually I'd have to go down with him the next time there's an issue, and drag him home myself.

Now, when he said he thinks that he'd be more receptive to me telling him to get out of that town, I'm not sure if I should be happy or confused, since I feel like I don't have myself entirely together either.
__________________
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 09:37 PM   #327
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia
 
DestronMirage22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,723
I’ve developed an odd habit of sticking the lead part of my pencils in my mouth whenever I’m thinking about something and I have one in hand.
I know it isn’t actual lead (it’s graphite) but will doing that be bad for me in the long run? I wonder.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 09:07 PM   #328
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Saw the add for the Little Tikes "My First Drone". Just me, or does that not sound like a great idea? lol

I mean, the whole commercial has the kid playing with it indoors. Great! Now everything you put out of reach so they couldn't break it, they can now break!
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 09:13 PM   #329
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: what is going on..........
Posts: 5,318
There are so many more ways that could go wrong, and the Barbie Flutterbye Fairy really illustrates why. By putting the "bye" in "Flutterbye".


__________________
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 10:46 PM   #330
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
That first one... She's all "Screw this family!" and throws herself into the flames. The second is prob flying past Mars by now. lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 10:51 PM   #331
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: what is going on..........
Posts: 5,318
I try to set my Flutterbye Fairy videos few and far between, because I got a scratchy throat laughing so hard at these two
__________________
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 10:40 AM   #332
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: what is going on..........
Posts: 5,318
I hope it stays cold enough for an Over the Garden Wall binge watch sometime soon. At least in the afternoon, it's good and chilly at night, when I would ideally watch it.

It's that time of year, darn it!
__________________
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 06:05 PM   #333
Vegita-San
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,089
I first heard 'Easy Peasy' mentioned for the first time in a long time on dragonball super last year. Now I've heard it three times in a few months. weird.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 06:26 PM   #334
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
When you take a baggie of veggie chips to work for something to eat at break, but it's mostly just broken pieces and, due to the colors, it looks a lot like you took a bag of potpourri to snack on.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 06:28 PM   #335
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: what is going on..........
Posts: 5,318
All this time I've had a TMNT OC named "Garaon", and I still haven't made a "Gaston" joke with it. (Though he's more of a Lumiere...)

Also, I thought about the Bridge to Hawaii in BoJack Horseman and I realized...there is absolutely no way that thing was completed in a year's worth of time. It's taken most of my life for I-35 to be worked on in Texas and it STILL isn't done. And a bridge from LA to Honolulu would be much, much bigger than I-35 is.

And it's a two-lane bridge at that...which makes things a lot worse for travel
__________________

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 10-25-2017 at 10:46 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 06:40 AM   #336
Papenbrook
I'm leaving. Goodbye. :)
 
Papenbrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: No comment -_- ...
Posts: 2,754
I always thought unicorns were real.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 09:34 AM   #337
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: what is going on..........
Posts: 5,318
Excuse me, while I try to not to put down the entire first verse of The Last Unicorn .
__________________
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 10:28 AM   #338
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor
 
ProphetofGanja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dub Side of the Moon
Posts: 3,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
I always thought unicorns were real.

Unicorns Were Real and Ugly as Hell


ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 10:56 AM   #339
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
But




What would be awesome would be is if ancient people had some kind of belief in its meat or other parts having some kind of power if used or consumed (certainly wouldn't be the only time that would happen), then managed to carry over into stories of magical horned beasts.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 11:03 AM   #340
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor
 
ProphetofGanja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dub Side of the Moon
Posts: 3,491
I think some of the tales of unicorns originate from goats born with mutations, giving them a single horn in the center of their head rather than two on either side. Don't have time to find the article just now though.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.