The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 08-03-2020, 04:08 PM   #441
Marm O. Set
Random Punk

I just bought a fairly clean Raph/Casey 2 pack from Walmart in hopes that someone will want to trade for a NECA cartoon Target 2-pack. The listing is in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum.
Marm O. Set is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 09:08 PM   #442
IMJ
Emperor

What are the expert opinions on the best way to go about picking up the NECA Movie Turtles at this point? The singles? The SDCC 4-Pack? eBay? Still try to find them hiding in a dark Gamestop somewhere?
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 11:43 PM   #443
Bluelightsaber
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
What are the expert opinions on the best way to go about picking up the NECA Movie Turtles at this point? The singles? The SDCC 4-Pack? eBay? Still try to find them hiding in a dark Gamestop somewhere?

singles - popcultcha
sdcc 4pack - ebay
Bluelightsaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 04:44 AM   #444
Bluelightsaber
Thug

So neither the gamestop or walmart versions come with mutagen canisters?
Bluelightsaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 07:52 PM   #445
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluelightsaber View Post
So neither the gamestop or walmart versions come with mutagen canisters?
The GameStop versions do not. Splinter was the only one who did.
Zachatello00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 08:46 PM   #446
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
singles - popcultcha
sdcc 4pack - ebay
I've gotta say the total shipped at Popcultcha for the four basic Turtles is a better deal than most of what I'd find in the states.

Thanks for the input....
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 11:56 AM   #447
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

well i ordered the tokka rhazar set. wish i could have chosen the united states postal system instead of paying almost 21 bucks for shipping with fed ex.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 12:20 PM   #448
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
The idea is it would be like when they put up the turtle 2-packs. Also Walmart exclusive but they let neca handle those online.

It?s funny how limited these things are. Like who would have thought that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles would be popular? Piff not me. I remember they had a show in the 80s and it only lasted like one season because no kids watched. And they had to bury like 4 million unsold action figures in a desert somewhere.
Yeah. What is most puzzling to me is why I can walk into any store and find 5 billion Godzilla figures and Michael figures and Freddy and Jason and Xenomorph figures, but NO goddamn NECA turtles. Like, seriously, your repaints of this **** is trickling out at a rate of one person buying one somewhere in my state every month, and yet, you produce them in such mass quantities I see them EVERYWHERE. My walmart alone in a town of under 50k people has literally 14 Big Chaps shelf warming. But you can't get your TMNT production numbers right and you're afraid to go over, while you make way more Godzilla product than anyone ever asked for?

Further rant, I'll tell you why NECA insists on having their own people manage the stock. Because they don't want it ending up in clearance, much like the Disney movie mafia, or else it would devalue their product. So they would rather shuffle the stock around geographically until it all sells out at full price, I imagine, than let it get dumped to clearance when Walmart/Target gets sick of wasting shelf space on Godzilla.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 02:00 PM   #449
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
well i ordered the tokka rhazar set. wish i could have chosen the united states postal system instead of paying almost 21 bucks for shipping with fed ex.
Dude. Freakin' same. Forced to pay $22.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 02:16 PM   #450
ls1z28
Hench Mutant

Today was my bi weekly visit to Walmart for groceries...Third time trying to find Casey and raph And no luck!!! I would have given up on this scale line, if it hadn?t been that I found shredder, splinter, and two of the turtles at GameStop, earlier this year..never thought of buying these.. since I have the 1/4 scale figures... but they were begging for me to take them home.. lol. Neca should have done the pre order like R and T.
ls1z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 09:59 AM   #451
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Anyone know what time super shredder goes live on the 10th?
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 11:01 AM   #452
AquaParade
Banned

Super Shredder goes live on the 10th?

Guess I might have to forego Tokka and Rahza(r). Can't justify buying both items...
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 11:06 AM   #453
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post

Guess I might have to forego Tokka and Rahza(r). Can't justify buying both items...
Whenever I'm on the fence with this line I remind myself that if I decide I can't afford/don't need it I can very likely sell it for more than I paid in the first place. The other side of that coin is skipping it and deciding you want it down the road when it's 3x as expensive on the after market.
mikey see is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 11:18 AM   #454
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
Whenever I'm on the fence with this line I remind myself that if I decide I can't afford/don't need it I can very likely sell it for more than I paid in the first place. The other side of that coin is skipping it and deciding you want it down the road when it's 3x as expensive on the after market.
Appreciate the perspective.

Y'know the only thing holding me back is the thought of ever having to ship something. I literally never do it. Should probably remedy that.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 12:10 PM   #455
xZAOx
Stone Warrior

Quote:

Super Shredder is going to be a Walmart thing - meaning the online inventory will most likely get eaten up by bots in 1 second, and in-store will be picked over by scalpers.

Versus Tokka and Rahzar, which have an open preorder window that you can get right now and definitely have it.

It's sounding like they hope to have a lot more online inventory for Walmart, but who knows. Walmart is also getting notorious for never shipping their collector preorders, and instead delaying and finally cancelling the orders, long after they've been showing up in stores.

NECA is talking about having some Super Shredders on their store too, but that'd just be for international I'd assume.

Quote:
Y'know the only thing holding me back is the thought of ever having to ship something. I literally never do it. Should probably remedy that.
Buy a cheap $10 Amazon scale. Hold on to boxes from things you buy (like Amazon packages). Pay postage online, print it, tape it on, schedule a USPS pickup for the next day (free) if it won't fit in your mailbox. Easy peasy.

Last edited by xZAOx; 08-06-2020 at 03:42 PM.
xZAOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 01:34 PM   #456
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.

For everyone stressing about missing Super Shredder and T&R, NECA have already confirmed that these will be offered internationally at a later date (most likely next year). Just wait, then preorder from on of the UK sites that ship internationally. Same with the cartoon packs.

Sure, it works out more expensive than retail but there's no hassle.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 03:09 PM   #457
Chris
Mad Scientist

I'm the opposite. I just ordered them from NECA for delivery to the UK rather than wait for the international run.

They'll be dollar for pound when they release here anyway, so even factoring in VAT and customs fees the exchange rate at the moment, combined with NECA's crazy cheap international postage, means I'd be paying about the same. Honestly, if the postage cost stays that low I'll most likely do the same for Super Shredder next week.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 03:16 PM   #458
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I'm the opposite. I just ordered them from NECA for delivery to the UK rather than wait for the international run.

They'll be dollar for pound when they release here anyway, so even factoring in VAT and customs fees the exchange rate at the moment, combined with NECA's crazy cheap international postage, means I'd be paying about the same. Honestly, if the postage cost stays that low I'll most likely do the same for Super Shredder next week.
After all the catering to international without the scalping, I?m glad the USA is getting some pre-orders with decent shipping. It?s our time now.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 02:44 AM   #459
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.

Just be aware that whilst it might seem cheap enough to order direct from NECA you'll get hit with customs charges. For Razhar and Tokka it'll probably work out around ?21 on top.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 06:04 AM   #460
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogod View Post
Just be aware that whilst it might seem cheap enough to order direct from NECA you'll get hit with customs charges. For Razhar and Tokka it'll probably work out around ?21 on top.
Yup. In total it was over $90 to get them. But I figured, it?s now or never, and $90 is probably cheaper than what the scalpers would charge so...
Zachatello00 is offline   Reply With Quote