The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2026, 12:22 PM   #21
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Well that's just typical, do you think all black guys look like fish?
So we saying all black men mutated into fish look alike to him? Is that what he's tryin' to say?
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2026, 04:09 PM   #22
neatoman
Overlord
 
neatoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
So we saying all black men mutated into fish look alike to him? Is that what he's tryin' to say?
Alright, I'll admit that the joke might be a little bit of a reach.

It's a play on "Do you think all black guys look alike?". There's not much reason to assume this character is Xever and if he is then that would mean his first appearance is after he already died, which is something I doubt anyone would decide is a good idea unless they dislike the character. Xever is however really just a character who was pretty much just created to be turned into cyborg fishman, meaning he's way more recognisable as Fishface and some people may forget what his human form looked like in the first place.

So since Xever's fish form is mainly what he's known for looking like and since that's the form he'd most likely take if anyone ever cares to reintroduce him, the joke is really just that this random background character would look like a fish by drawing that comparison. That's really just it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2026, 01:23 AM   #23
Dancefloran
Foot Soldier
 
Dancefloran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2025
Location: France
Posts: 186
Preview's here

Spoiler:
The old Purple Dragons looks more dangerous than the bufoons we know. This Ghost-Zombie thing is interesting. You can come back in exchange of a life ? They will resurrect a bunch of characters, won't they ?
Something tells me Hun's coming back for good huh
Dancefloran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2026, 02:26 AM   #24
TheLabRat
Stone Warrior
 
TheLabRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Posts: 786
Not surprising that Hun is ultimately an irredeemable person. I wonder if these old Purple Dragons will go to hell or other worse place if they die again.
TheLabRat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:34 AM   #25
neatoman
Overlord
 
neatoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,027
When did Allor start going by "Pallie"? I don't think I've ever heard of that as an actual name, just as a cutesy variation of "Pal" similar to "Hey there, Pallie!".

Anyway, I guess Hun is back now and that he really does not like unfair killing?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:30 AM   #26
TylerD
Hench Mutant
 
TylerD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I hope it's just a one and done zombie deal
Sometimes the one off are really good.
TylerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:07 PM   #27
Fenryr
Random Punk
 
Fenryr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
When did Allor start going by "Pallie"? I don't think I've ever heard of that as an actual name, just as a cutesy variation of "Pal" similar to "Hey there, Pallie!".
He (They?) came out as non-binary years ago but only just started using Pallie professionally.
Fenryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:42 PM   #28
Dancefloran
Foot Soldier
 
Dancefloran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2025
Location: France
Posts: 186
Nice issue if you care about the 3 main characters, but really is an appetizer to the City That Never Dies arc.

Spoiler:
I agree with the narrator, Hun shouldn't have been brought back to life, but here we are.
However it seems that he became deadlier than before, did death change him somehow ?
I have enough reasons to think he'll be one of the antagonists the Turtles will face in the next arc. But I don't think he'll be enough to give the Turtles an impossible night.

On the other end, Slash is struggling with his guilt, and it was a good idea to oppose him to Hun. I hope he'll learn to move on in the future, he doesn't deserve the suffering. The friendship he has with Ninjara surprisingly works.

I think it was cool that this issue explains how the Death of "Death" and the broken veil works, they really went all out with this idea.

Last edited by Dancefloran; Today at 01:52 AM.
Dancefloran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:38 PM   #29
TheLabRat
Stone Warrior
 
TheLabRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Posts: 786
Spoiler:
So Link died, but he will return as a zombie from, I'm curious if Malo and Chun will die in this arc? In many works, we've seen undead creatures driven either by their most primal instincts or the death amplifies their pre-death obsessions.

This could also have happened to Splinter, Tang Shen, and Shredder. Although they have a stronger will to resist, they may still be affected over time. I think Shredder and Splinter may already be showing signs of this.
TheLabRat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:19 PM   #30
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
Not fond of the idea of every major character who died coming back to life, this isn't Dragon Ball Z. But I hope most of it is temporary and ends with the next arc. Slash can stay alive though.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:39 AM   #31
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist
 
lonewarrior20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: pekin,IL
Posts: 1,868
Would have been fun to see these two find an apartment in mutant town and living like the odd couple.
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:37 AM   #32
neatoman
Overlord
 
neatoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Not fond of the idea of every major character who died coming back to life, this isn't Dragon Ball Z. But I hope most of it is temporary and ends with the next arc. Slash can stay alive though.
"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Death Becomes Them"
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:54 AM   #33
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,202
This wasn't very good or memorable. Other than that god awful Street Fighter crossover, I've always liked Allor well enough. Perhaps they were handicapped by the scope of this story, since it mostly comes off as "hey, let's check in with these 3 characters before they appear in the ongoing soon".

Although, the dialogue was pretty atrocious. These are supposed to be hardened criminals, but they're going around saying stuff like "keep the tax, Buster!", "we're both hit, you beautiful bonehead!", "get away!" and a couple other weird lines.

I also don't like the concept of the Purple Dragon's existing during Prohibition-era America. They're clearly an 80's NYC thing straight out of The Warriors. I don't see them going back to the 1920's.

I also thought it was weird to misdirect us from the conflict of Slash vs. Hun. They have a very brief dust up, then never cross paths again.

Delgado is always on fire and I did think Gavin Smith was a great choice for this kind of story. I didn't care for his stint on the ongoing a while back. Something about his art is very unsettling, but lacking the charm of say Pablo Tunica. But he was the perfect fit for this creepy "zombie" story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLabRat View Post
Spoiler:
So Link died, but he will return as a zombie from, I'm curious if Malo and Chun will die in this arc? In many works, we've seen undead creatures driven either by their most primal instincts or the death amplifies their pre-death obsessions.

This could also have happened to Splinter, Tang Shen, and Shredder. Although they have a stronger will to resist, they may still be affected over time. I think Shredder and Splinter may already be showing signs of this.
Yeah the Link thing was semi-interesting. He's been around since 2011. Kinda funny that he was running around still doing chump **** with Chun and Malo in the Casey mini, now he's boss of the Dragons.

Was that Chun who got beat up by Slash when he interfered with the mugging?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
lowered expectations, pallie “paul” allor, plants, spooky


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.