![]() |
|
|
#19281 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 293
|
Also floored by this. He was amazing in the ring and I think WWE dropped the ball with him. Had it all. Physique , did amazing stunts. Just the entire package. Can’t believe it
Curious how he passed away |
|
|
|
|
|
#19282 | |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,682
|
Quote:
Some people are already bashing WWE for not saying anything, despite the fact they have no shows on Sunday and for all we know tonight's RAW might open with a memoriam for Neville. People can be really disgusting.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU." Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/ I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/ |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#19283 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,378
|
WWE right now appear to be mourning and announcing the death of one of their more well known fans, the 'sign guy' and announcing they signed with Bleacher Report to stream content.
Update: HHH tweeted out a tribute
__________________
Spider-Man: The Rescue Spider-Man: The Galloping Cat Spider-Man: Scarlet Mirror Doctor Who: Child of the Daleks Last edited by ZariusTwo; 09-28-2026 at 09:12 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#19284 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 9,998
|
I haven't watched an AEW episode in like 3 years. I think I vaguely remember Pac, but that's it. RIP. 40 years old is pretty young to die. Wrestling dying young hasn't changed much in the past decade, despite the industry presenting itself as cleaner. Shame...
It's sad how, when you're a very irregular wrestling fan who only watches the occasional show every 1-2 years or so, the news that always grab your attention are the news of yet another wrestler's passing. Even those who stopped watching wrestling years ago will comment if one of the wrestlers they used to watch back when they were wrestling fans dies. And I've lost track at this point of how many wrestlers, active or not, have died rather young ever since I've become a fan 20+ years ago. Try booting up SmackDown 2 Know Your Role on the PS1 and look at how so many people in that game's roster are dead now: Chyna, He Who Shall Not Be Named, Eddie, Viscera, Crash, Test, Big Boss Man, Grand Master Sexay... |
|
|
|
|
|
#19285 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,682
|
Hogan or Benoit?
This isn't Twitter, you can say the name.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU." Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/ I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/ |
|
|
|
|
|
#19286 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 9,998
|
Benoit, obviously. Hogan wasn't in SmackDown Know Your Role. He was in WCW at the time.
And Hogan was not "erased" from history like the murderer was. Nothing to do with Twitter. It's a joke as old as 2007 when WWE began censoring and removing mentions to Benoit in their shows and products. |
|
|
|
|
|
#19287 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,378
|
Exactly. Hogan may have been MAGA, but he wasn't a murderer. People can still speak of him with reverence long after death, he contributed far more positives to the business than he did negatively.
Sure, the internet vilified him for backstage politics, putting his dimwit family on televised display, soiling an already ruined TNA, and never letting him forget he called someone the N word, but he's done more than the IWC ever will outside of podcasts by Meltzer or Alverez. WWE only 'erased' Hogan for a cup of coffee to placate the lefties, but as always, their reach and noise proves very minimum, they welcomed him back, and mourned his loss with the rest of the sane, functioning world. Benoit was my favourite wrestler for years, but he was a vanilla midget who didn't draw and will only ever be infamous for what he did.
__________________
Spider-Man: The Rescue Spider-Man: The Galloping Cat Spider-Man: Scarlet Mirror Doctor Who: Child of the Daleks Last edited by ZariusTwo; 09-29-2026 at 04:32 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#19288 | |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 9,998
|
Quote:
As for Benoit again... I liked him, and his wins at RR2004 WMXX were epic. But his reign was underwhelming and he lost it to Orton in a nothing match. After he killed his wife and son, I've despised him forever. Having said that, strangely, I always get his CAW from the Community Creations in WWE games. I guess it's because he was a rather important figure in WWE and WCW in the 90s and 2000s and the roster would feel incomplete without him. I need to have The Radicalz and also have him alongside Jericho and Eddie. Even if I never play as him. But I need him in my Universe mode. Does that make sense? |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#19289 |
|
Weed Whacker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,395
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#19290 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 9,998
|
I think people mostly hate on Hogan because he said a bad word during a private conversation. Plus tons of wrestling nerds already hated him before that because he didn't fit their definition of what a pro wrestler should be: A vanilla midget with no charisma that can do flip flops and has the technique of Benoit.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#19291 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,682
|
Here comes Andrew to save the day. Can't let his MAGA cult catch too many strays.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU." Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/ I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/ |
|
|
|
|
|
#19292 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,378
|
If you think he's necccersary from a 'lore accuracy' perspective, then yes, makes total sense to include him.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#19293 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,378
|
NXT's Keanu Carver hit with a restraining order due to alleged stalking
https://www.postwrestling.com/2026/0...g-allegations/ |
|
|
|
|
|
#19294 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,378
|
In the main event of the PAC tribute show last night on Dynamite, American Dragon Bryan Danielson came out of retirement and teamed with the Death Riders in a six-man tag match
|
|
|
|
|
|
#19295 |
|
Hybrid Theorist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Alamo City
Posts: 8,184
|
That was a great tribute to PAC on Dynamite last night. Ospreay hitting that Black Arrow was a cool moment.
__________________
"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!" |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| armbar#, silverdome brother, wrestling |
|
|