The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2006, 11:32 PM   #181
aramconbrat
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 417
Got a set of the Elite Commandos for $8.25 US
aramconbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 04:42 PM   #182
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist
 
BigApple3AM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Supermarket Aisle
Posts: 1,635
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Yowza! What's really cool is I have this MISB, and I paid 1/3 less.

I think next to Scratch, Shogun Triceraton, and maybe Shoate, this is the most expensive Turtles toy (most definitely the most expensive Turtles vehicle).
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 01:17 PM   #183
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist
 
BigApple3AM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Supermarket Aisle
Posts: 1,635
Man, turtle collecting is starting to get too expensive. I remember when you could find MOC figures on eBay for like $3 each, now it seems all the prices are going up. The Party Wagon used to go for like $30-50, now it seems it's gone up to:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I'm done with eBay, too many turtle collectors getting on there. I'm gonna start hitting up toy shows and comic conventions.

Still I wonder how that guy just "found" a case of Party Wagons? He's in my area, I should try and find out if some warehouse has all turtle toys. Talk about a dream come true if that happened.
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 05:42 AM   #184
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
I would be wary of buying stuff from the woman who sold that Blimp: I gave her two positive feedbacks for the two Universal Studios TMNTs that I bought from her, because I DID get them, but it took longer than I expected. She charged me $8.00 to ship something that only cost $4.00 to ship, and then I didn't get it for nearly a week and a half after my paypal payment cleared. If anyone wants to know what I think sucks most about e-bay, PM me.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 01:33 PM   #185
Krang's Uncle
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 106
I hate seeing auctions where the seller wants to charge a crazy shipping price to their item. Its ridiculous to even act like it costs $9 to ship one figure on card.
Krang's Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 03:32 PM   #186
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krang's Uncle
I hate seeing auctions where the seller wants to charge a crazy shipping price to their item. Its ridiculous to even act like it costs $9 to ship one figure on card.
I think part of that cost is driving to the post office, packageing it, and shipping it.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 04:11 PM   #187
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist
 
BigApple3AM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Supermarket Aisle
Posts: 1,635
Yeah but why should the buyer be paying for their gas? What next, I'll pay their bills too?

Some guy had the nerve to charge me $10 shipping for 2 gi joes. I wouldn't have won the auction had I known he would charge me so much. They charge higher shipping because eBay doesn't take a cut out of the shipping cost. That's why you see auctions with penny buy-it-nows and $80 shipping or something stupid like that.
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 05:18 PM   #188
Krang's Uncle
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 106
I agree with you Ectocooler, i shouldnt (and dont) pay for the other expenses related to the selling of that item. I dont recall reading anything on ebay that says i have to pay for the seller deciding to sell something. They make that choice, and therefore are responsible for whatever extra costs may arise. If thats the case, would the sellers that do that be against a winning bidder not paying the full winning amount? The bidder has to buy gas to get to work.
Krang's Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 06:16 PM   #189
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
Well thats why you should ALWAYS be aware of shipping costs prior to shipping. I've been buying tmnt on ebay going on 6 years now and have only been truly shafted one time...i bought 1 skinny, light animation cel and the guy try to charge me $18!! That was a few years ago but i still remember that crap...fortunately if you deal with reputable dealers and check for the shipping price you should be ok...sure that might mean on passing on something you really like cuz you dont know the shipping/don't want to pay, but trust me, whatever it is you're looking, will ALWAYS come back again...just be patient
__________________
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:04 PM   #190
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
http://cgi.ebay.com/Teenage-Mutant-N...QQcmdZViewItem

Not a bad deal for these guys (it would be worth it if Mike weren't the only one I needed and I didn't already have two MumRaph's).

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ninja-Turtles-In...QQcmdZViewItem

Really not a bad deal when you consider how hard it is to find this figure. If I had the cash to spare I'd be on it.

Same for this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ninja-Turtles-Cr...QQcmdZViewItem

I would never post an auction here that I was bidding on, because that would be inviting competition, but since I don't have the money for any of these auctions, don't anybody not bid on them because you feel you'd be stepping on my feet. Personally I think these deals are pretty sweet.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 10:11 PM   #191
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
Check out this custom...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Marvel-Legends-C...QQcmdZViewItem
__________________
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 07:45 PM   #192
Gary
Hench Mutant
 
Gary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 375
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-TMNT-Mutant-...QQcmdZViewItem
60 figures - out of package - 100$
Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 07:41 PM   #193
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist
 
BigApple3AM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Supermarket Aisle
Posts: 1,635
This is just one auction, not my entire collection (see the second to last page of the collection thread for an idea on that).

Not bragging, not at all. Just sharing pics of my good fortune. I feel really bad when I buy stuff like this when other countries are at war with each other and pulverising citizens and soldiers alike. Still, I don't drink or smoke, and it's my income so I'll do what I want I guess (yeah you guessed it, I'm having buyers remorse, oh well):



a close up



I really wanted to open some of these guys, but I just couldn't do it. Mutagen Man especially:



Peace
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 11:19 PM   #194
Brodie
Certified Teacher
 
Brodie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Bizarro Metropolis
Posts: 6,495
Oh man, i cant even remember when toys were $3.37...
__________________
Brodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:46 AM   #195
Foot Soldier
Thug
 
Foot Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 59
yeah good times
Foot Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 01:36 PM   #196
Toonami Tom
Banned
 
Toonami Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 4,939
Even though it costs more, ebay is my friend when it comes to getting cool action figures. I wasn't able to find the 4 basic Fast Forward turtles, so I bought them on ebay. I also decided to buy another Fast Forward Splinter off of ebay, since my first Fast Forward Splinter's arm broke inside.

Then today my Baxter Robot arrived in the mail. He is such a great figure. I had to pay more than if I bought him in the store, but he might not be that easy to find. Plus, with Fast Forward taking over, the 2k3 toon figures will probably be a thing of the past soon.

Last night I won a 1990 Shredder for I think $22.50

I never understood why that Shredder figure doesn't have a shirt though.
Toonami Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 06:54 AM   #197
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
Be sure to let us know if you decide to sell any of those, Ecto...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 04:50 PM   #198
IMJ
Emperor
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 8,844
More Legends for the ML Lovers!!

Back again with more Legends for Marvel fans!! LOTS of Marvel Legends this time around, so click on the compiled auction link below.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtoastyj77QQhtZ-1

Highlights include:
Silver Centurion Iron Man
Cable
Deadpool
Gambit
Juggernaut and many more!
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 08:39 PM   #199
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist
 
BigApple3AM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Supermarket Aisle
Posts: 1,635
Can someone identify the figure in the middle that looks like a frog and is yellow? He's next to mondo gecko. Anyone know what toy line it's from?

http://i21.ebayimg.com/01/i/08/e2/88/b6_1_b.JPG

Found it in an eBay auction, I'm not going to bid I was just wondering where it's from.
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 09:28 PM   #200
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ectocooler View Post
Can someone identify the figure in the middle that looks like a frog and is yellow? He's next to mondo gecko. Anyone know what toy line it's from?

http://i21.ebayimg.com/01/i/08/e2/88/b6_1_b.JPG

Found it in an eBay auction, I'm not going to bid I was just wondering where it's from.
it's one of the evil troll warriors from another tv show of the 90's infact its another one that copied tmnt atleast toy wise..
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.