The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2006, 05:11 AM   #21
Kunoichi_Haruko
A shell of a good hit!
 
Kunoichi_Haruko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond, Va.
Posts: 1,685
Would some kind and gentle soul mind putting up a more detailed synopsis after this airs? I'll be at my university taking a criminal justice exam by the time this is on, so I won't be able to watch...

EDIT: Darn it. Sounds like I missed a good episode. Oh well, there's always reruns...

Last edited by Kunoichi_Haruko; 11-11-2006 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Updated
Kunoichi_Haruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 08:00 AM   #22
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator
 
Jo Dawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Authority On All Things Don
Posts: 5,190
Ok, so did anyone else think of the movie 'Fallen' when this started? 'Tiiiiiime. It's on my side...'

Heh, love the suits. Very cordial. I also liked Splinter's outfit. I wanna screencap of those, heh.

I have a tiny problem with the picture of April and Casey that they used at the dinner. I wish they'd used a... you know... more formal picture. If they were having a high class, fancy event, one wouldn't use a picture of someone in a half shirt and someone in a tank top. Coulda done better there, and made them seem more formal or even aged. Unless they make O'Neil Tech at that moment in the past, they should be more aged or at least be clothed in something representing of a business type.



Star Wars guys?? Heh, poor Splinter. Embarassed by his kids.


They serve hamburgers at a high class function? Heh. Ok.



Cody is infected!! NOW'S YOUR CHANCE, BOYS!!

... Darnit.


Nice move, Leo. But was that a 'Matrix' moment by Splinter?

Haha, I like how they found out it was in Leo.

Mmm, not bad ep, actually. I was fairly entertained. A few things I would change, but eh! Just me, I suppose. I'll have to give this one a thumbs up.


But still... 'Tiiiiiiime, it's on my side.' I'll be singing that all day now.
__________________
Jo Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 09:00 AM   #23
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Well, the supposed ep title was officially incorrect. "Invasion of The Body Snatcher!" just sounds uninspired though.

So, the main characters who were posessed in this ep were Mikey, Leo, Darius, Cody, then Splinter. Questions I have about the premise here is where Jammerhead might have gotten his hands on such a thing as the Body Jacker. Could it have something to do with that thing on the back of their cloaks? Kinda' looks like an abstract Utrom with a scar over both eyes.

Anywho, this was a cool ep. The previews made it look retarded though. It was a relief to know that it wasn't so pointless. I don't recall laughing at any part of the ep, and the fact that it seemed so plot-driven reminded me of "Bishop to Knight". Other than Splinter's fondness of piggies in blankets, I don't think there was any unnecessary info in the ep. Few jokes (none were funny though), but an enjoyable adventure none-the-less.

I thought "Fallen" too. And, Splinter's moment of superrodent strength did seem like an hommage to the burly brawl sequence in "Matrix Reloaded". What episode was it where they did that scene with Don trying to spin around on his bo like Neo (also from the burly brawl)? That was the first thing to come to mind. IMO, a bit tired, but not annoyingly so.

For any FF staff who might be watching, JD liked the ep. That's your universal seal of approval right there. Be proud of your accomplishments.

Next week, same turtle time, same turtle channel: "Headlock Prime" Perhaps they could use the additional time to remove any disturbingly out-of-character moments from future eps... They've done pretty well with the last few. ^_^
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.


Last edited by gobo; 11-12-2006 at 09:11 AM. Reason: A letter that wasn't capitalized should have been.
gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 09:35 AM   #24
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
Oh crap, was this today?

lol... yeah, I'm such a great fan. :p
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ]
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 10:35 AM   #25
nimrod
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 185
Was it me or was this episode the first of the season that I did not hear anyone say "it's ninja time!" ? I can't recall anybody saying it once. All in all, this is probably one of my favorite, if not my favorite, episode of the season thus far.
nimrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 10:50 AM   #26
Haruyou
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 32
This was a allright episode. I laughed at Mikey when he got 'jacked' (?) and kept acting weird. ^^ Cody was creepy. D:

Yeah, my info button said the real name and the tv said 'Snatcher.'
Haruyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 11:15 AM   #27
oldtoonTMNTfan
Random Punk
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimrod View Post
Was it me or was this episode the first of the season that I did not hear anyone say "it's ninja time!" ? I can't recall anybody saying it once. All in all, this is probably one of my favorite, if not my favorite, episode of the season thus far.
Raph said "it's ninja time!" before the battle with Darius. Overall, it was a great episode like last week and the week before that.
oldtoonTMNTfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 12:24 PM   #28
TerranigmaFreak
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 715
The only thing I didn't like about his episode is how quickly they discovered that Leo was a fake. Overall, it was quite an enjoyable episode.
__________________


First footage of the new R rated TMNT movie.
TerranigmaFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 12:28 PM   #29
Nexxorcist
Thug
 
Nexxorcist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post

For any FF staff who might be watching, JD liked the ep. That's your universal seal of approval right there. Be proud of your accomplishments.
JD's just bein nice cause she knows i'm keepin my eye on her.
Nexxorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 02:03 PM   #30
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator
 
Jo Dawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Authority On All Things Don
Posts: 5,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
For any FF staff who might be watching, JD liked the ep. That's your universal seal of approval right there. Be proud of your accomplishments.

That's right. For this ep, you have the Official JD Stamp of Approvaltm. Nice one, gobo, I like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxorcist View Post
JD's just bein nice cause she knows i'm keepin my eye on her.
You are?? o.O Hehe, you know darn well that if I didn't like it, I'd say so. Nope, this is a bona fide thumbs up from Jo for 'em.

There was something else on this ep I wanted to comment on, but I can't think of what it is right now... And I do want to see last week's, as I missed it...
__________________
Jo Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 02:25 PM   #31
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Wow good reactions o_O,does this mean Spitfire should start watching TMNT again?
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 04:42 PM   #32
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul
 
Cascadia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,731
I missed about 10 minutes of the episode.. The only thing that I thought was funny was Cody's Uncle saying, "I have to go potty".
__________________

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 04:56 PM   #33
stege-chan
Foot Soldier
 
stege-chan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Cincinnateh, Ohio... WHO-DEY!
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Dawn View Post
Ok, so did anyone else think of the movie 'Fallen' when this started? 'Tiiiiiime. It's on my side...'
Wah! I was SO thinking Fallen too when I watched this eppy! Especially the part where the thing moved down that whole line of people. That was way cool. Personally I think this was the best episode so far this season. And how cool was it that Master Slinter made friends with some Jedis?!

But this I think has been the only Fast Forward episode so far that I haven't had to roll my eyes at at some point. Very cool, in my opinion.

*jumps back into the hole she's been living in*
__________________
"Wash the windows! Scrub the floors! Save the world! My entire life is work, work, work!"
stege-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 05:00 PM   #34
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
This episode wasn't too bad. But I was just wondering. Did Raph's mask look more reddish orange than red, compared to his tuxedo (I thought his stripping of the tux with his sais was the best part of the toon) but I just wanted to know if anyone else noticed that?
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 05:20 PM   #35
Nexxorcist
Thug
 
Nexxorcist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Dawn View Post
You are??
I am... flirting.
Nexxorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 05:51 PM   #36
Torrant2
Thug
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Warwick, RI
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
[spoiler]Judging from the action figure pics.....spoiler]
where are they?
Torrant2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 06:21 PM   #37
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
This was a pretty good ep. There were definatly a couple amusing moments and we were introduced to the Darius Dunn in armour action figure.

I don't believe a word about the weopons recycling program thing... riiight.

The guys looked good in the tuxedoes...especially Raph...*G*...

The aliens we
saw...well other then the Jedi Knights I swear one of those aliens looked like
one of the Federation guys also from Star Wars.

Now for a couple questions:
1: Is Jammerhead a robot???
2: Will that Entertainment Tonight/Today reporter become reacurring?
3: Will Donatello pick up the pieces of the body jacker thingy to study it?

I totally agree on the photo of April and Casey. A formal event and they show a pic of April and Casey giving the peace sign???

Quotes:

"Now excuse me. I am on a quest to find piggies in a blanket. Those are
always the first to go." - Splinter

"I gotta go to the potty!" - Darius Dunn
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 07:19 PM   #38
cowabunga14
Lover of Weird Things
 
cowabunga14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,014
I felt this episode was all right for a continuation of last week's. Even though the action outweighed the humor, I didn't mind that.

I didn't think Jammerhead would make an appearence cuz I don't remeber seeing him in the previews for this episode. It's cool that we were able to see him again and his street phantoms.

Every Turtle looked snazzy in their tuxedo, especially since the tuxes were the same colors as their headbands. We only heard Raph yell "It's ninja time!" when he ripped off his tux, which is good thing that the phrase was only said once for the whole episode.

The Bodyjacking technology that Jammerhead used -- I found that pretty intriguing. It sucks for him that Don had to crush the little ball-like Bodyjacker device he used to control people, though.

I give this episode three Bodyjacked people ouf of five. Next week's episode -- hmm...I'm dissapointed that they didn't show a preview for it.
__________________


How can something so beautiful shine on something so dreadful?
cowabunga14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 07:23 PM   #39
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowabunga14 View Post
Next week's episode -- hmm...I'm dissapointed that they didn't show a preview for it.

There isn't a new ep next week...it's a rerun of the wrestling ep.
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 08:20 PM   #40
Ultimate Shredder
Foot Soldier
 
Ultimate Shredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 101
I thought this was a pretty good episode. I liked their tuks. I wonder what Dunn want's to do with the battle suit that Jammer Head used? I like Jamer Head's character better than the previous episodes he was in. How come there going to start showing repeats next week?

I hate it when Splinter said he was on a quest to find pigges on a blanket! That was out of character for him!

I liked the Star Wars goof. I think it was cool to see the turtles fighting Splinter.
__________________
"I am the Shredder!"

Fear Me!
Ultimate Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.