The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Which song is the best?
Shell Shock-Gym Class Heroes 13 23.21%
Rip It Up-JET 3 5.36%
There's A Class For This-Cute Is What We Aim For 0 0%
Awww Dip-Cobra Starship 2 3.57%
Roses-Meg & Dia 1 1.79%
Bring Me Along-Pepper 0 0%
Fall Back Into My Life-Amber Pacific 0 0%
Red Flag-Billy Talent 5 8.93%
Walking On Water-This Providence 0 0%
Youth Like Tigers-Ever We Fall 0 0%
Lights Out (Chris Vrenna Remix)-P.O.D. 3 5.36%
Black Betty-Big City Rock 11 19.64%
I Love Being A Turtle 6 10.71%
Nightwatcher 12 21.43%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2007, 12:20 PM   #61
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPH 'N' ROLL View Post
The idea of Raph and Leo kicking the crap out of each other to some heavy metal crap sounds terrible.

Does anyone know who's score it is with the new trailer?
If it is Klaus, well it sounds great, but if it is still Marco I think they've made a big mistake taking it from his hands.
I think metal can very easily have it's place within a TMNT movie, but not necessarily as music set to a scene as much as music playing on a radio that happens to be playing during a scene. Similar to this one Vol. 1 TMNT comic where one of the TMNT commented that he heard some Metallica playing on a radio where a couple of rival gangs were about to go at it.

For the movie, I want to hear music similar to the teaser and the trailer. Dark, adventurous, martial arts-esque, and somewhat epic.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:40 PM   #62
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior
 
sgtfbomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Internet
Posts: 830
I really dont want to hear songs. I really want to hear score, a good score. I really wonder if the music in the trailers were part of films' score, and if so that wouldn't be too bad. I'm hoping they really pull something that's emotional and herioc and something I would want to listen day in and day out on my iPod, and not just the run-of-the-mill phoned in movie score.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 02:04 PM   #63
Masked Ninja
Doodles TMNT for fun
 
Masked Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: sploshin' through some sewer...
Posts: 2,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
I really dont want to hear songs. I really want to hear score, a good score. I really wonder if the music in the trailers were part of films' score, and if so that wouldn't be too bad.
I agree with you. I'd prefer to hear 100% score and no songs at all. As for the trailer music, I believe that was covered in the "Front Lines" thread... Kevin said it was not the actual music, but quite similar to the sound they were going for. I might have to dig up that post for ya.
Masked Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 03:09 PM   #64
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
I would actually love it if there was a soundtrack CD AND a score CD. I'm not too picky about the songs they use for the movie - it'll be labeled as Turtle music for me, so it'll all be good. The soundtracks for the first three movies all remain a guilty pleasure of mine.

And yes, I asked Kevin about the music in the trailer.. he said it wasn't from the actual score, but something similar to the tone/feel it will have.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 10:17 PM   #65
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior
 
sgtfbomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Internet
Posts: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
I would actually love it if there was a soundtrack CD AND a score CD. I'm not too picky about the songs they use for the movie - it'll be labeled as Turtle music for me, so it'll all be good. The soundtracks for the first three movies all remain a guilty pleasure of mine.

And yes, I asked Kevin about the music in the trailer.. he said it wasn't from the actual score, but something similar to the tone/feel it will have.
Hmm...I wonder if i could find that music somewhere then. Actually, now that you mention it, some of the music in the newest trailer sounded kinda like music that was used in the trailer for the first spiderman movie.

I really hope the score IS better than the triailer music, becuase it is really disappointing when the trailer music is better than the film's actual music. Example:Troy. Man, was the trailer music really good. The actual score sucked!

I would like to actually have a score CD for TMNT. I think the only score made available for the first films was the "Shredder Suite" on the first soundtrack or am I wrong?

And that score is surprising good as funny as that sounds. I wouldn't mind hearing some refferences to it in the new score, but I doubt that will happen.

Anyways, to me the score is one of the things that can make and break some movies. I've hated movies just for having lousy music before.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 10:33 PM   #66
Masked Ninja
Doodles TMNT for fun
 
Masked Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: sploshin' through some sewer...
Posts: 2,137
That score track from the first movie (Shredder's Suite) was so '80s, and I love it. I wouldn't mind bits like that, but some good epic action music for most of it would be perfect for me.
Masked Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:26 PM   #67
Raph'N'Roll
Hench Mutant
 
Raph'N'Roll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ireland
Posts: 313
Quote:
And yes, I asked Kevin about the music in the trailer.. he said it wasn't from the actual score, but something similar to the tone/feel it will have.
The score in the Trailer will not be the score in the movie itself, but sound similar?
Does Kevin mean a different composer did the score for the trailer but won't do the movie one, or does he mean Klaus did one especially for the trailer?
I wish someone would clear up who is responsible for the score on the new trailer, I think it sounds really good.
I just hope it is Klaus, after all he is now officially the composer after Marco got the boot.
Raph'N'Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:50 PM   #68
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
It's probably just generic trailer music that WB has lying around.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:33 PM   #69
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior
 
sgtfbomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Internet
Posts: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
It's probably just generic trailer music that WB has lying around.
Actually both tracks are performed by bands that specifically make trailer music. One of them is by a band called X-Ray Dog and the other is by Immediate Music. I know one of the tracks is called Heavenly Warriors. Although I can't find either to download anyway, which sucks about trailer music is that they are a pain to find sometimes
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:38 PM   #70
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Ah, this is news to me! Very cool!

And let us know if you ever find the tracks to download - even though they're not from the actual movie, I still really like them!
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:12 AM   #71
Masked Ninja
Doodles TMNT for fun
 
Masked Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: sploshin' through some sewer...
Posts: 2,137
^ Ditto... in the theatrical trailer, the music that kicks in right as the title/weapons fly by still gives me happy-soundtrack-geek goosebumps.
Masked Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:14 AM   #72
NightwatchersOnlygirl
Stone Warrior
 
NightwatchersOnlygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In Nightwatcher's loving arms
Posts: 941
Some rock Raphael's kind off tunes
__________________
Nightwatcher is taken by me,NightwatchersOnlyGirl
Nightwatcher Is my boyfriend.
I love "My" Nightwatcher
Nightwatcher can put his boots under my bed anytime
Nightwatcher loves me!
NW 4 EVER
NW is Mine
NW is so sexy
Forever Nightwatcher's....
NightwatchersOnlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:23 AM   #73
Bevandera
Foot Soldier
 
Bevandera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: California/Florida
Posts: 140
It's "Heaven's Warriors" by Immediate Music and "Alpha Commander" by X-Ray Dog. Immediate Music put out their first (public) CD Epicon last year under their commercial name Globus. Heaven's Warriors isn't on it though. X-Ray Dog's is probably the one everyone's remembering from the trailer...it's from the second half. Unfortunately, like most of Immediate Music's, X-Ray Dog's catalog of music is only available to movie studios.

If you'd like to hear these two songs though...send me a PM and I'll help you out when I'm not at the office.
Bevandera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:10 PM   #74
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior
 
sgtfbomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Internet
Posts: 830
I went on a heavy search yesterday to find these tracks, i found plenty of good ones, including some from that Epicon cd forthmentioned, but I didnt find either 'Heaveny; Warriors' or 'Alpha Commander', it sucks that there are no official releases of these tracks...this isnt the first time ive looked this hard for trailer music, ive been searching for some music used in one of the Kingdom of Heaven trailers for a while as well..
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:53 PM   #75
Bevandera
Foot Soldier
 
Bevandera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: California/Florida
Posts: 140
I'll be less subtle ...I have both of these group's industry sets and will 'help you find' the songs from the trailer. Send me a private message if you're interested, sgtfbomb.
Bevandera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 12:09 PM   #76
johnnyblaze
Stone Warrior
 
johnnyblaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 677
did anyone see this post at superhero hype:

http://www.superherohype.com/forums/...d.php?t=263823

Quote:
Cobra Starship has a song on the soundtrack and it was just recorded. You can go to there myspace add them as a friend and view the bulletin save the drama for your mama but heres what was said about it.



*speaking of Shredder. Did you know that there’s a new Ninja Turtles movie coming out? Yeah, but did you know that we just did a song for the soundtrack of said movie? Thought not! Yeah, yeah I know: First a movie about reptiles and now one on amphibians—mutated, teenaged, and trained in the martial arts— but nevertheless, amphibian. There was no way we could say no. You see, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (or TMNT, as I like to refer to them) were my favorite when I was growing up. I even had the original comic books (albeit the reissued graphic novels—but nevertheless, I delved deep into the dark side and past of the TMNTs). I always aspired to be an amalgamation of both Michelangelo and Leonardo’s best traits. I wanted to be a fun-loving party-dude, but also have a deep sense of right and wrong and a comprehensive grasp of philosophy. Naturally, of course, I failed at both. But I have been redeemed at last by being able to contribute to my heroes’ soundtrack! Our song is called “Bebop v. Rocksteady,” and it plays over a big fight scene in the movie. After we wrote it, I thought, “hey, this is a great song, but it feels like it’s missing something.” I felt like it still wasn’t as good as “Snakes/Bring it.” Then I had an epiphany! It was missing but one line: “Oh, I’m ready for it!” ** So I added that line, pressed the “#1 Hit Single” button on the console and WHAMMO: the song was complete.
Edit: I looked at their my space and it does say that so it looks like we have our first confirmed song for the soundtrack-'Bebop v. Rocksteady'. hopefully its as good as their snakes on a plane song.

Last edited by johnnyblaze; 01-28-2007 at 12:18 PM.
johnnyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 01:08 PM   #77
jezza
Foot Soldier
 
jezza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Surrey, UK
Posts: 170
I think my girlfriend will be less than pleased. She doesnt like Panic at the Disco! and I dont think she would like Cobra Starship. Oh well, maybe she wont notice.
jezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 02:06 PM   #78
Raph'N'Roll
Hench Mutant
 
Raph'N'Roll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ireland
Posts: 313
The Snakes on a Plane song, so that's who Panic At The Disco are, they were responsible for that.
My God that song was utter crap, even their name sounds like some Abba rip off from the 70's.
God help us all, this soundtrack news just gets worse and worse by the day.
Raph'N'Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 02:17 PM   #79
johnnyblaze
Stone Warrior
 
johnnyblaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPH 'N' ROLL View Post
The Snakes on a Plane song, so that's who Panic At The Disco are, they were responsible for that.
My God that song was utter crap, even their name sounds like some Abba rip off from the 70's.
God help us all, this soundtrack news just gets worse and worse by the day.
Bring It (Snakes on a plane) was Cobra Starship. Their doing 'Bebop vs Rocksteady' for the new film. Panic At The Disco is who Gray said they were meeting with but has'nt been confirmed yet

Personally i'm looking forward to hearing it, especially considering its a fight song
johnnyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 02:49 PM   #80
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Ok, but why would there be a song titled "Bebop vs. Rocksteady"? It doesn't make any sense.

I did like the Snakes on a Plane song, but the title here worries me...
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.