The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2007, 08:49 PM   #21
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
You remember the one episode when Leo was fraternizing with the enemy, and the other three follows him? I just thought it was funny, when Don and Mikey were looking through the sky light and wanted to help Leo when he was surrounded by the foot. But Raph was against it. He said something like they were there if he needed him, but it was like Raph was testing Leo or something. It was weird. I think this was the Shredder strikes episodes, but I am not sure.
Yeah, that's the Shredder Strikes Part 1.

I guess you could see it as Raph testing Leo, but I actually always saw it as Raph falling into the position of leader in the absence of Leo. It really was the best plan to not attack straight out and get more info on what was going down. Although Raph probably got more enjoyment out of it because it was Leo.

There's also a hint of this in the first movie. When Shredder removes his mask and Raph goes, "It's him," he also edges Mike and Don backwards, kinda saying, ok, we are not jumping into this now.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 08:59 PM   #22
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
You remember the one episode when Leo was fraternizing with the enemy, and the other three follows him? I just thought it was funny, when Don and Mikey were looking through the sky light and wanted to help Leo when he was surrounded by the foot. But Raph was against it. He said something like they were there if he needed him, but it was like Raph was testing Leo or something. It was weird. I think this was the Shredder strikes episodes, but I am not sure.

Has this scenario been done in any of the comics.
Yeah it was the Shredder Strikes part 1, and no it hasn't.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 02:51 AM   #23
mik8la
Thug
 
mik8la's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 66
Great points made, especially Aignatius's. Personally, I think it's just in Raph character that his closest relationships have to have some sort of animosity mixed into it: he taunts Mikey all the time, frequently calls Casey a "bonehead", and butts heads with Leo, but now and then you see glimpses that Raph would go through hell for any of them. Sometimes I think people tend to exaggerate the animosity between the two of them; they do get along--you see them hanging out by themselves and teasing each other and having rooftop races. If they fought all the time, I don't think the team would be half as effective as it is. In fact, I think Raph might be more protective of Leo (I mean, how many times has he been the first to yell out the latter's name when he gets threatened, or hurt? I'm thinking "Notes from the Underground Pt. 3" here, especially) than he'll admit, maybe because despite their differences, they might understand each other in a way that their less intense brothers won't.
__________________
mik8la is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 02:18 PM   #24
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
Raphael is such a gruff teddy bear and doesn't even know it--or he won't admit it . He grumbles and snaps at his brothers, but under all that gruffy behavior he holds true affection for his brothers.

I think at this point in the story Leonardo and Raphael really have a strong bond, and I think the whole Leo getting injured in Tales of Leo was a changing point in their relationship.You notice that they are more in harmony with one another than they where before.

point in take: Raphael gets along with each of his brothers on a diffrent levels. Raph is multi faceted in that respect. All the turtles are.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 10:57 PM   #25
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
But to be honest, I have never really seen a Raph and Don centered pairing in any of the incarnations. Have any of you? Are these two that seperated from eachother, in that there is neither a common ground, or sort of enviousness in either of them. I was just wondering.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:30 PM   #26
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
But to be honest, I have never really seen a Raph and Don centered pairing in any of the incarnations. Have any of you? Are these two that seperated from eachother, in that there is neither a common ground, or sort of enviousness in either of them. I was just wondering.
TMNT 2K3 season 3: H.A.T.E.

It was adapted from an issue of the Mirage Comic.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:07 AM   #27
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
In the new 'toon, Raph and Don have more of a relationship and mutual respect. In the old comics I think Raph and Don were the least close... less so even than Leo and Mike. I remember them getting in a fight and almost attacking each other in the issue that H.A.T.E. was adapted from... Raph wanted to fight the survivalists and Don called Raph "aggressively stupid." I think they were complete polar opposites in the comics and could hardly stand each other. In the new Mirage comics, Raph has mellowed, and Don has possibly become more assertive. And they seem to get along quite well now.
__________________


Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 02:51 PM   #28
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
Raph and Don are an interesting pairing. I wonder how a fight between Raph and Don would turn out, if they did infact had come to blows in that issue of H.A.T.E
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:03 PM   #29
Spawn Guy
Mad Scientist
 
Spawn Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth 616
Posts: 1,481
Who wins when brothers fight?


No one.
__________________


THE TECHNODROME'S LITTLE YELLOW BOX LOVER

madpiratebunny (19:26:51): oh goodness, I've got an idea
SpawnGuyThing (19:26:57): Do tell
madpiratebunny (19:27:02): nononono
madpiratebunny (19:27:05): no telling
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:10): ...
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:27): But I'm the imaginery friend you always wanted
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:36): Your supposed to tell me everything
Spawn Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:15 PM   #30
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn Guy View Post
Who wins when brothers fight?


No one.
pfft! Don't get all after school special on me. The turtles are warriors and fighting is in their daily lives. We just talked about Leo and Raph fighting why not Don and Raph. Seriously Don had the guts to pretty much call Raph stupid and was willing to tangle with him so he obviously thinks he might have a chance against him. Does any one think Don might win in a fight against Raph? Or do you think Don would come out mangled if he got into a fight with Raphael?
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:16 PM   #31
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
I think that Don would put up a damn good fight. They'd probably both be mangled.
__________________


Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:21 PM   #32
Spawn Guy
Mad Scientist
 
Spawn Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth 616
Posts: 1,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
pfft! Don't get all after school special on me. The turtles are warriors and fighting is in their daily lives. We just talked about Leo and Raph fighting why not Don and Raph. Seriously Don had the guts to pretty much call Raph stupid and was willing to tangle with him so he obviously thinks he might have a chance against him. Does any one think Don might win in a fight against Raph? Or do you think Don would come out mangled if he got into a fight with Raphael?
I think I should have indicated that I was joking.
__________________


THE TECHNODROME'S LITTLE YELLOW BOX LOVER

madpiratebunny (19:26:51): oh goodness, I've got an idea
SpawnGuyThing (19:26:57): Do tell
madpiratebunny (19:27:02): nononono
madpiratebunny (19:27:05): no telling
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:10): ...
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:27): But I'm the imaginery friend you always wanted
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:36): Your supposed to tell me everything
Spawn Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:28 PM   #33
Sewer Bull
Devil's Advocate
 
Sewer Bull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn Guy View Post
I think I should have indicated that I was joking.
You forgot to put a smiley there. It's like a canned laughter in sitcoms. Some people wouldn't get a joke without it.
__________________

Soooo... THIS is how you spend your free time now?!
Sewer Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:32 PM   #34
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
I know you where joking Spawn Guy, I was just being sarcastic. Its pretty hard to convey what you really mean when one can't hear the inflection in your voice when you are saying something. that is why I try to word my posts as neutral as possible to avoid being called rude.

Quote:
I think that Don would put up a damn good fight. They'd probably both be mangled.
I think so too. I think Don could do alot of damage if he really wanted too. But most mediums prefere not to explore this side of Don to much.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:53 PM   #35
MadPirateBunny
Mad Scientist
 
MadPirateBunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: in the basement
Posts: 1,067
And here I was, all touched by Spawny's tender moment.

Pfft on all ya'll
__________________







Note to self: Pillage first. THEN Burn.
MadPirateBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 04:12 PM   #36
Spawn Guy
Mad Scientist
 
Spawn Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth 616
Posts: 1,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
I know you where joking Spawn Guy, I was just being sarcastic. Its pretty hard to convey what you really mean when one can't hear the inflection in your voice when you are saying something. that is why I try to word my posts as neutral as possible to avoid being called rude.
Your not allowed to be rude on the internet?

Oh hell, I've got some apoligies to email!
__________________


THE TECHNODROME'S LITTLE YELLOW BOX LOVER

madpiratebunny (19:26:51): oh goodness, I've got an idea
SpawnGuyThing (19:26:57): Do tell
madpiratebunny (19:27:02): nononono
madpiratebunny (19:27:05): no telling
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:10): ...
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:27): But I'm the imaginery friend you always wanted
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:36): Your supposed to tell me everything
Spawn Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 06:55 PM   #37
Aignatius
Hench Mutant
 
Aignatius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: California
Posts: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
Raph and Don are an interesting pairing. I wonder how a fight between Raph and Don would turn out, if they did infact had come to blows in that issue of H.A.T.E
They're not too different in fighting capabilities, I'd say it depends on what kind of day each one has had, how badly Raph wants to trash Don, and how badly Don doesn't want to be trashed.


Did anyone ever catch the little animated short between 4Kids toons where Raph had apparently crashed one too many of Don's vehicles, so you see an enraged Don with a sledgehammer chasing a rather frightened looking Raph around the tunnels?

I wish I'd gotten that on tape... I was rolling...
__________________
I never realized how thirsty I was until I met a glass of water.
Aignatius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 07:00 PM   #38
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
^Now, I wish I had seen that.

But I did catch this little tidbit on youtube, where Donnie is helping Raph customize the speed capabilities on his bike. Everytime Don tweeked the bike, Raph would rev it up and tell him he wanted it to go faster.

After Don could get the bike to go as fast as it would go, Raph loses control and smashes into some crap, and literally sees stars. Too funny!
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 07:09 PM   #39
Kunoichi_Haruko
A shell of a good hit!
 
Kunoichi_Haruko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond, Va.
Posts: 1,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
^Now, I wish I had seen that.

But I did catch this little tidbit on youtube, where Donnie is helping Raph customize the speed capabilities on his bike. Everytime Don tweeked the bike, Raph would rev it up and tell him he wanted it to go faster.

After Don could get the bike to go as fast as it would go, Raph loses control and smashes into some crap, and literally sees stars. Too funny!
You wouldn't happen to have the link for that vid, would you?
__________________
Kunoichi_Haruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 04:07 PM   #40
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aignatius View Post
They're not too different in fighting capabilities, I'd say it depends on what kind of day each one has had, how badly Raph wants to trash Don, and how badly Don doesn't want to be trashed.


Did anyone ever catch the little animated short between 4Kids toons where Raph had apparently crashed one too many of Don's vehicles, so you see an enraged Don with a sledgehammer chasing a rather frightened looking Raph around the tunnels?

I wish I'd gotten that on tape... I was rolling...
oh God I have got to see that. Mild mannered Don all pissed off and homcidal is something that must be wonderful to see!
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.