The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2007, 02:16 AM   #1
Masked Ninja
Doodles TMNT for fun
 
Masked Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: sploshin' through some sewer...
Posts: 2,137
An attempted art thread revival

... because it's been entirely too long.

Not too much to show at the moment, but I want to try... this forum's been a bit quiet.

First: Mask done on a paintchat, in a new movie-esque style.


Next: Finally, the finished pictures from my shirt I made, which I've only taken forever to show.

Front


Back


Me wearing it... while playing Guitar Hero 2
Masked Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 02:24 AM   #2
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
I really like both!!

How did you make the t-shirt? Is it printed? Maybe painted?
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 02:57 AM   #3
Masked Ninja
Doodles TMNT for fun
 
Masked Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: sploshin' through some sewer...
Posts: 2,137
The shirt? For Leo, fabric paint + needle. Took me a couple hours, but it turned out pretty well. The words were painted too, but not with a needle. That would have taken forever.

EDIT: found the in-progress pic, a little closer in. In case anyone cares.
Masked Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 09:32 AM   #4
Sewer Bull
Devil's Advocate
 
Sewer Bull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked Ninja View Post
First: Mask done on a paintchat, in a new movie-esque style.
Jesus, this picture is so radical. How could you be so shamelessly talented?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked Ninja View Post
Me wearing it... while playing Guitar Hero 2
Duh... I can't see the face.
__________________

Soooo... THIS is how you spend your free time now?!

Last edited by Sewer Bull; 01-22-2007 at 01:18 AM.
Sewer Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:07 AM   #5
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
Gah... revival of my jealousy!

I love the visual weight your characters have. I had your backflippin' leo as wallpaper on my laptop for a while (eh... hope you don't mind), and several people commented on how cool it was.

You'll still talk to us when you're famous, right? :p
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ]
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:38 AM   #6
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
that t-shirt's awesome! i remember it from before, it came out really well! and your art kicks ass! post some more! please?
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 06:08 PM   #7
Masked Ninja
Doodles TMNT for fun
 
Masked Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: sploshin' through some sewer...
Posts: 2,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewer Bull View Post
Duh... I can't see the face.
Ech, you wouldn't want to. It's the shirt that's art. Kinda.

Thanks, guys. I might have to go find that pencil drawing I did forever ago and color it... like I've been meaning to since I drew it. Must keep the thread aliiiive!

@iris: Nah, no problem. That's what it was made for. I've been considering sending the main part of that wallpaper in to the official site's art contest, though. Decisions, decisions...
Masked Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 10:12 PM   #8
Sliced
Stone Warrior
 
Sliced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you
Posts: 793
Hey! that's pretty good Masked. Very good drawing there. I see that the movie is highly influencing your art. I also love the shirt. Nice style.

And yeah ? what happened to this thread ? Its barely hanging by a ''thread''... lol. Well, I guest what's left to do is helping reviving it, or at least try. I'll see what I can do. I really have some catch up to do.
__________________
Sliced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:13 AM   #9
Masked Ninja
Doodles TMNT for fun
 
Masked Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: sploshin' through some sewer...
Posts: 2,137
Yes! Colored at last!

Masked Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:22 AM   #10
Spawn Guy
Mad Scientist
 
Spawn Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth 616
Posts: 1,481
Leo looks like he's going to get someone and their little dog to, but still awesome.
__________________


THE TECHNODROME'S LITTLE YELLOW BOX LOVER

madpiratebunny (19:26:51): oh goodness, I've got an idea
SpawnGuyThing (19:26:57): Do tell
madpiratebunny (19:27:02): nononono
madpiratebunny (19:27:05): no telling
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:10): ...
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:27): But I'm the imaginery friend you always wanted
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:36): Your supposed to tell me everything
Spawn Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 07:37 AM   #11
Katie
Just...way too serious.
 
Katie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: purgatory
Posts: 3,519
AHHH!!! I remember that one!!!! Looks great colored


and your shirt turned out AWESOME
__________________
Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:45 AM   #12
Sliced
Stone Warrior
 
Sliced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you
Posts: 793
Magnificent work on that coloring. I really like the style. Are you using photoshop to color it ? Because it almost seems like you're using something else, or are you using the brush tool ? I know that you already answered this one, but I just don't remember.

Anyway keep them coming, really good work.
__________________
Sliced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:23 PM   #13
Masked Ninja
Doodles TMNT for fun
 
Masked Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: sploshin' through some sewer...
Posts: 2,137
Yeah, I'm using Photoshop Elements 3.0, to give the full name. What gets this style of coloring is setting the brush to change opacity based on tablet pressure. So if I push lightly, the line is semitransparent. It's a lot more like real painting (and a lot more fun) than the cellshaded stuff I used to do more of.

One day I'll have to play around with Painter, though... I hear only good things about that program.
Masked Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:36 PM   #14
Ra
It's my desire?
 
Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: In your pants.
Posts: 4,441
Your work just seems to always blow me away Mask. This time is no exception. Especially since I've been thinking of trying to make my own shirt prints Very nice work!
__________________

"So. The whole lot of you against little old me? How retarded."
Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 04:54 PM   #15
Colliwog
Foot Soldier
 
Colliwog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ohio, U.S.
Posts: 108
That shirt is adorable, particularly the handprint on the back! :3
__________________
Colliwog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 12:58 PM   #16
Masked Ninja
Doodles TMNT for fun
 
Masked Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: sploshin' through some sewer...
Posts: 2,137
I love the three-fingered handprint. It's so distinctive.

This is a link to an animation I did for class (almost 3MB in size - hit the "download" button on the left side to bring up the movie). The sound clip is from a movie we all know and love.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/48340032/
Masked Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 04:21 PM   #17
Sliced
Stone Warrior
 
Sliced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you
Posts: 793
Very good animation there MN. Love the soundtrack, great amount of details too.
__________________
Sliced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 04:29 PM   #18
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai
 
Ecto Jedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked Ninja View Post
I love the three-fingered handprint. It's so distinctive.

This is a link to an animation I did for class (almost 3MB in size - hit the "download" button on the left side to bring up the movie). The sound clip is from a movie we all know and love.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/48340032/
Wow! That's awesome, Masked Ninja! I love the look of the characters, and the short pause that comes after the Casey Jones-cat whacks his attacker in the face. Superb animation, my friend!!

Last edited by Ecto Jedi; 02-08-2007 at 04:40 PM.
Ecto Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 06:13 PM   #19
Masked Ninja
Doodles TMNT for fun
 
Masked Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: sploshin' through some sewer...
Posts: 2,137
Thanks. That was a lot of fun to do. If I have time on the side any time soon, I wanna animate a Turtle.
Masked Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 10:00 PM   #20
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai
 
Ecto Jedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked Ninja View Post
Thanks. That was a lot of fun to do. If I have time on the side any time soon, I wanna animate a Turtle.
That'd be really cool, though I'm still intrigued by your own character creations. That karate cat definitely had a really neat Swat Kats-vibe to him, for lack of a better term.
Ecto Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.