The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2007, 10:13 PM   #1
oldshreddersgirl
Thug
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 65
Kari Saki (the shredders daughter)

Ok now i know i have not watched this show in a while when did the shredder have a daughter and with who? which women in her right mind would have a child with that looney?( love him though lol)yeah and the turtles have not changed much they are still as cute and funny as ever also, who is splinters new little pig friend. man i cant believe how long its been

Last edited by oldshreddersgirl; 03-10-2007 at 10:18 PM.
oldshreddersgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 10:34 PM   #2
triplexxx
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,809
Shredder adopted Karai after her parents abandoned her. What pig friend are you referring to?
__________________
Please don't shoot me Mr. Big Mike. I'm too young and good-looking to die, well too young. I got a father, I got a mother, I got a grandmother, I got a little sister...and a little brother this high (raises hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand) and then I got a great big brother this high (slaps gun and runs).
"Fright Night" - Three Stooges
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 10:51 PM   #3
oldshreddersgirl
Thug
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 65
splinters little friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplexxx View Post
Shredder adopted Karai after her parents abandoned her. What pig friend are you referring to?
yeah he's the other sensi? teacher? he's short, he looks like a little piglet he makes cracks at the turtles i don't remember his name. wow i wonder what made shredder want to adopt a child?
oldshreddersgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 10:53 PM   #4
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Actually. Her name would be Oroku Kari.

Oroku is the family name, Saki is the given. In Japanese culture the given name is said after the family name.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 11:21 PM   #5
triplexxx
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldshreddersgirl View Post
yeah he's the other sensi? teacher? he's short, he looks like a little piglet he makes cracks at the turtles i don't remember his name. wow i wonder what made shredder want to adopt a child?
The answer to the first question: The Ancient One, Master Splinter's Master Yoshi's sensei, which would make him like a great grandfather to the turtles.
The answer to the second question: no idea
__________________
Please don't shoot me Mr. Big Mike. I'm too young and good-looking to die, well too young. I got a father, I got a mother, I got a grandmother, I got a little sister...and a little brother this high (raises hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand) and then I got a great big brother this high (slaps gun and runs).
"Fright Night" - Three Stooges
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 11:50 PM   #6
oldshreddersgirl
Thug
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 65
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplexxx View Post
The answer to the first question: The Ancient One, Master Splinter's Master Yoshi's sensei, which would make him like a great grandfather to the turtles.
The answer to the second question: no idea
yeah i also wanted to know when saki was a business man did they age him? the reason i am asking is because he looks older it also looks like they aged splinter to is that what happened? if so then thats cool because cartoon characters are usually never aged
oldshreddersgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 12:03 AM   #7
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,389
Shredder adopted Karai because she was an orphan, he had a heart, that's pretty much it. Shades of Grey exist in all characters, Turtle, freind, foe, noone is entirely good nor evil.

Heck back almost every animated villain had a son or daughter, legit, adopted, or otherwise.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 12:09 AM   #8
oldshreddersgirl
Thug
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 65
a heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Shredder adopted Karai because she was an orphan, he had a heart, that's pretty much it. Shades of Grey exist in all characters, Turtle, freind, foe, noone is entirely good nor evil.

Heck back almost every animated villain had a son or daughter, legit, adopted, or otherwise.
Well he could not have had that much of a heart because he wanted her dead after a while
oldshreddersgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 01:40 AM   #9
triplexxx
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldshreddersgirl View Post
Well he could not have had that much of a heart because he wanted her dead after a while
Well its not that he actually wanted her dead. It's just that he doesn't tolerate failure. Though it does seem when in "Exodus" she told him near the end to not kill Splinter and the turtles, he came close to killing her for getting in his way. And maybe he didn't adopt her out of total kindness, he just figured that since she was a young, impressionable orphan and had no one to guide her in the right direction in life that he could convince her to be on his side and that his side was the good side.
So you're right: it's not that Shredder had a heart, but just that he was resourceful.
__________________
Please don't shoot me Mr. Big Mike. I'm too young and good-looking to die, well too young. I got a father, I got a mother, I got a grandmother, I got a little sister...and a little brother this high (raises hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand) and then I got a great big brother this high (slaps gun and runs).
"Fright Night" - Three Stooges
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 01:48 AM   #10
oldshreddersgirl
Thug
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 65
the new shredder

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplexxx View Post
Well its not that he actually wanted her dead. It's just that he doesn't tolerate failure. Though it does seem when in "Exodus" she told him near the end to not kill Splinter and the turtles, he came close to killing her for getting in his way. And maybe he didn't adopt her out of total kindness, he just figured that since she was a young, impressionable orphan and had no one to guide her in the right direction in life that he could convince her to be on his side and that his side was the good side.
So you're right: it's not that Shredder had a heart, but just that he was resourceful.
Yeah this shredder is truely evil. i remember when i was watching one of the newer episodes with my nephew and i saw the new shredder and i said to him thats not the shredder thats a robot. my nephew looks at me like i am an idiot and says man you remember shredder when he was human? damn your old! I wanted to scream and of course kill him at the same time!
oldshreddersgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 07:55 AM   #11
Spawn Guy
Mad Scientist
 
Spawn Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth 616
Posts: 1,481
In the comics Kari had nothing to do with Saki apart from being members of the foot clan. Image gave him a daughter called Pikimo or something.
__________________


THE TECHNODROME'S LITTLE YELLOW BOX LOVER

madpiratebunny (19:26:51): oh goodness, I've got an idea
SpawnGuyThing (19:26:57): Do tell
madpiratebunny (19:27:02): nononono
madpiratebunny (19:27:05): no telling
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:10): ...
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:27): But I'm the imaginery friend you always wanted
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:36): Your supposed to tell me everything
Spawn Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 09:48 AM   #12
phillytmnt
Thug
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 79
yo stephen, do u got the lost season cause that pic gotta come from that. If so can u please hook me up with spoilers about that pic?It got me curious
phillytmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:06 AM   #13
Vegita-San
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael View Post
Actually. Her name would be Oroku Kari.

Oroku is the family name, Saki is the given. In Japanese culture the given name is said after the family name.
I always found that confusing. Just like how they read from right to left... for instance, Ray Stantz name would be Stantz Ray in Japan.

I guess they wheren't insulting him by calling him Saki all this time in the shows history . That really IS his first name. Has Pete ever confirmed that?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:33 AM   #14
Sewer Bull
Devil's Advocate
 
Sewer Bull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
I always found that confusing. Just like how they read from right to left... for instance, Ray Stantz name would be Stantz Ray in Japan.

I guess they wheren't insulting him by calling him Saki all this time in the shows history . That really IS his first name. Has Pete ever confirmed that?
Given that Oroku Saki's brother was called Oroku Nagi in Mirage #1 - I guess it's confirmed that Saki is Shredder's first name.
__________________

Soooo... THIS is how you spend your free time now?!
Sewer Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 06:13 PM   #15
oldshreddersgirl
Thug
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 65
saki's age

yeah so i guess they aged him then? must have he looks about 40 in this picture
oldshreddersgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 06:19 PM   #16
Spawn Guy
Mad Scientist
 
Spawn Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth 616
Posts: 1,481
Utrom Saki? Don't think so. That's "The Origonal Shredder"...the all powerful demon one, who was locked away in a coffin for centuries and was apparently imortal anyway.
__________________


THE TECHNODROME'S LITTLE YELLOW BOX LOVER

madpiratebunny (19:26:51): oh goodness, I've got an idea
SpawnGuyThing (19:26:57): Do tell
madpiratebunny (19:27:02): nononono
madpiratebunny (19:27:05): no telling
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:10): ...
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:27): But I'm the imaginery friend you always wanted
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:36): Your supposed to tell me everything
Spawn Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 06:44 PM   #17
oldshreddersgirl
Thug
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 65
ok ok hold up

k k kk i am confused now. the utrom shredder is the one seen in stepens photo and he is imortal right?
oldshreddersgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 07:06 PM   #18
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist
 
Anarchistguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Posts: 2,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldshreddersgirl View Post
k k kk i am confused now. the utrom shredder is the one seen in stepens photo and he is imortal right?
Nope.
Spoiler:
The Shredder in Stephen's pic is the REAL Oroku Saki. The TENGU Shredder. Not the Utrom one.
__________________
M.D.K.
Maim! Destroy! Kill!!!



"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"

Last edited by Anarchistguy; 03-11-2007 at 07:45 PM.
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 07:35 PM   #19
Masked Ninja
Doodles TMNT for fun
 
Masked Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: sploshin' through some sewer...
Posts: 2,137
Ugh, I can't wait until the US gets the lost season, so I can stop being spoiled in unexpected places. 8|
Masked Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 07:45 PM   #20
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist
 
Anarchistguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Posts: 2,137
I...I'm sorry. I didn't mean to spoil you...
__________________
M.D.K.
Maim! Destroy! Kill!!!



"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.