![]() |
|
|
#21 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 629
|
New World Order was AMAZING!!! This is by far the best season of TMNT yet. I'm truly upset that it will never be aired. The animation is at its peak and the whole style of writing is better. It can't get ANY better than this for TMNT. EVER. I cannot wait to own this DVD when it comes out over here. Until then, I stand by and idly wait for the coming.
"Looks like a storm's comin'." "No. It's already here..." - Casey and Splinter "New World Order Part 2"
__________________
![]() Courtesy of LUCKFF "I don't know what bothers me more; That this actually worked, or that Don carries around a pigeon puppet." - Mikey: Search for Splinter Pt. 1 |
|
|
|
|
|
#22 |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
|
Just watched Enter the Dragons Part 2
Spoiler:
|
|
|
|
|
|
#23 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 405
|
Oh come on! THAT was lackluster?! Almost all the heroes and villains united, the warriors returned, the Mystics were killed, and the action was kick ass as always! I'm very proud to have seen this and glad you all have too! Excellent season!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#24 |
|
Mouser
![]() Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 11
|
The way they got all the good guys and bad guys together kinda reminded me of the series finally of Justice League Unlimited, any one notice that?
But ya all those episodes were AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!! Also this season was i think the most violent out of all the TMNT seasons. |
|
|
|
|
|
#25 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 405
|
All I can say is: TMNT, that was one hell of a goodbye.
PS I know it's not official whether the series is over or not of course but if this were, it sure as hell would be a fine finish. Thank you Peter Laird, Christopher Yost, the VAs, and everyone else that is/was involved in the best TMNT cartoon ever made! |
|
|
|
|
|
#26 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 167
|
I think you should put a spoiler warning on this. You inadvertently blew plot points kerfootw. Predictable ones, but still spoilers nonetheless...
|
|
|
|
|
|
#27 |
|
Freedom Fighter and Ninja
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Posts: 2,927
|
*sighs in aggrevation* WHY does everybody keep assuming that TLS and FF are the end of the series? Has anyone heard, from an OFFICIAL source (like the official TMNT website), that Pete (or whoever) is pulling the plug on the show? 'Cause UNTIL I, for one, hear from something like that, I'M going to keep looking on the positive side of things. Mainly because I can-NOT believe that Pete's going to let his boys go "gently into that good night" so easily. ESPECIALLY after all the time and money that HE has personally put into it.
Me, I'm going to wait and see what happens after the release of the movie (only 11 days to go now. Hehehehe.................). You never know what will happen then. Who knows? It could bring a whole new outlook on things. So don't be so gloom-and-doomy, people. The best MAY be yet to come.
__________________
Brother against brother...........
|
|
|
|
|
|
#28 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,373
|
I doubt it's going to end anytime soon. I don't know how that works, given as long as FF airs, TMNT is dead.
Pete may be simply bending to inflexable network demands, probably hoping they'll permit the content in TLS eventually when it comes to later seasons. Who knows? Maybe FF was his excuse to hold off doing anything in the present until he thought of ways to reinvent the show whilst following the mandates of FF. In that sense, he could find himself going down the route of the original, and if that happens, now would be a good time as any to bring in David Wise, although he does'nt do much now except translate romance mangas.. |
|
|
|
|
|
#29 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 629
|
Well, I got through the last episode finally... and let me just say that as far as I'm concerned, the TMNT 2K3 show ended with that episode. It was fitting and a sad thought. I highly doubt there is a way to top what the lost season has done for me. It was satisfying and completely worth every second of the wait. It's been more than a year since we found out that this season wouldn't make it to TV. Since then, we've all had to endure YouTube watchings and countless warnings and such from this board. Let me be the first to say that watching this season on YouTube did not impare my wanting to buy the lost season, it greatened it. (However I do hope they put the "Ninja Tribunal" episode on our DVDs) The demand for this DVD is going to go up through the roof now that people have seen these on YouTube. You are ALL doing yourselves a favor by going there to watch these episodes. The first 3 have stayed on YouTube all this time and let me tell you... if Mirage really wanted these down, they would have done so. Let me be the first to say I will congratulate everyone there for doing an excellent job with this show.
Yes, I know this series may not be over, but Fast Forward is nowhere near what it should be for this show to progress. The animation has gotten worse, it's become more campy, and it (aside from a few good episodes) is a complete step back from what this series is intended to be. I continue to watch Fast Forward just so I can continue to get my fill of TMNT and new episodes. However, I pray they come up with a new and exciting way to carry on this series much like they did The Lost Season. Without that, all we will have to look forward to is a sequel to the movie - assuming that the movie does great.
__________________
![]() Courtesy of LUCKFF "I don't know what bothers me more; That this actually worked, or that Don carries around a pigeon puppet." - Mikey: Search for Splinter Pt. 1 |
|
|
|
|
|
#30 |
|
Freedom Fighter and Ninja
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Posts: 2,927
|
This is true.
On the other hand, maybe someone should e-mail Dan and ask HIM what the shell is going on with the series. Provided he could spill info like that right now, that is. Just a thought. Oh, btw, I was replying to Zarius' post with this, not yours, Showstoppa. Just a bit of FYI here. *grumbles at herself* Shoulda "quoted" this one. WHEN will I learn to trust my gut-instincts.............?!
__________________
Brother against brother...........
Last edited by Whitewolf89; 03-12-2007 at 12:49 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#31 | ||
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
|
Quote:
Spoiler:
Quote:
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
#32 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
|
Just finished watching all of these. The whole Mystic/Dragon thing doesn't really do anything for me, but I thought it worked well within the context of the story. And I like how everything wrapped-up really well at the end.
My personal note to 4Kids: Thanks for encouraging all of us to become pirates to see these episodes! The DVD sold out in Australia; just think how many of those sales could have been region 1 purchases if only we were given the opportunity.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#33 |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
|
My note to 4Kids:
How the **** can they see this season less marketable than **** Foward. C'mon, the toy ideas are plentifuly. The Ancient One, The Ninja Tribunal, Adam, Joy, Feragi, Tora, Raptarr Ananda, Spoiler:
|
|
|
|
|
|
#34 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 858
|
What makes the Lost Season so amazing is that Peter Laird was directly involved with it's creation. I know he had a lot to do with the previous 4 seasons. (And also on Fast Forward.) However, he had a direct connection with the Lost Season because he wanted to see the story come together with a conclusion. When 4kids announced there new direction for the series, he knew that he had to complete the tale of the Ninja Tribunal. The fans wanted it. He wanted it. That's what made it special. I agree. If Mirage really wanted these episodes down, they would of done it a long time ago. I would not of uploaded all the episodes if they had taken down the original On Demand TV rips I uploaded. Something tells me they feel this might be free promotion for the series. Oh well. Not going to worry about that.
As for the finale itself, it was the perfect fit to end 2k3. Well, nearly. My only grip with the ending is that April, Casey, Leatherhead, and the Fugitoid were nowhere to be seen. Which is sad because they are all just as much part of this series at the Turtles, Splinter, and the variations of the Shredder. Honestly, I would of like to see more episodes in the 5th season but what we got was pretty amazing. This was pretty dark stuff. Completely the opposite of what Fast Forward is. Releasing it on DVD gave the creators a chance to do something that 4kids would not of allowed to be on the air. Maybe there is a good reason they decided not to air these initially. Man, what a wait we all had to endure. The Season 4 finale 'Ninja Tribunal' aired on April 15, 2006. We had to wait nearly a year to finally see this story end. I just want to give a big shout out to the people who were able to bring the DVD out to Austraila. Also, to a certain website to a certain someone (I can't say because I don't want to get banned! lol) for providing us all with the DVD rips! Without these elements, we would still be left in the dark for this season. I'm sure the DVD will be out here in North America sometime soon. 4kids can't deny us forever!
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#35 | ||
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 405
|
Quote:
Quote:
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
#36 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 858
|
I can't help but picture what 'New World Order' would of been like if Ch'rell was still on Earth as the Shredder. Just imagine the smacktalk the two Shredders would have. Now that would of been something interesting to watch.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#37 |
|
Freedom Fighter and Ninja
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Posts: 2,927
|
He runs the official website, so why wouldn't they?
Not being hostile or snotty here. I'm just curious.
__________________
Brother against brother...........
|
|
|
|
|
|
#38 | |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
|
Quote:
The majority of the updates on the site come from us sending him the news. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#39 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pennshellvania, or the 79th level of Null-Time
Posts: 710
|
Just finished watching the Lost Season yesterday. Man that was awesome! This is how the series ends as far as I am concerned. Yes, I still watch FF, but The Lost Season is how TMNT is supposed to be done imho - epic, emotional, edge-of-your-seat action, and the culmination of five years of a truly wonderful show!
__________________
AKA the Edwardian Adventuress and Fairlady_Z ![]() "You just made your last mistake, Bugeyes -- 'cuz nobody beats up my best buddy and gets away with it -- Nobody! Got that?!" Raphael about Michaelangelo, TMNT Volume 1 |
|
|
|
|
|
#40 | |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 171
|
Quote:
Oh geez, don't make such a drama out of it. Enlarge the video or get a bigger computer screen then. If your son really loves it, he'll have to learn to watch it the only way he currently can. Unless you'd rather not see it at all. Better than nothing. Anyway, I just started earlier and loving it so far. I haven't seen the show in so long, as I stopped after the fist FF episode aired. Fine with the quality of the vids to, no problems! |
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|