The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2007, 07:55 PM   #61
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Spoiler:
Ok. I'm just wondering here. In the latest clip, you have Leo spit. And I also speculate we are seeing the clips unfinished. You think that in the movie, Leo will spit out blood (since I think it's pretty obvious he got clobbered big time by Raph in that scene) or would the MPAA be against that?
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:59 PM   #62
raphaelprime
Hench Mutant
 
raphaelprime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Caniac Nation, NC
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Spoiler:
Ok. I'm just wondering here. In the latest clip, you have Leo spit. And I also speculate we are seeing the clips unfinished. You think that in the movie, Leo will spit out blood (since I think it's pretty obvious he got clobbered big time by Raph in that scene) or would the MPAA be against that?

That would cause the MPAA to bump it to a PG-13
__________________
"Welcome to the south, plan to lose in our house, GoCanes, Carolina is back, and we're all Caniacs, GoCanes, We want more, shutout score, let's go Ward, GoCanes"....the new and improved version of Clapton's classic Cocaine


Courtesy of Sliced...Thanks Sliced.
raphaelprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:01 PM   #63
johnnyblaze
Stone Warrior
 
johnnyblaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 677
yeah
Spoiler:
I would'nt expect blood
johnnyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:06 PM   #64
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
There are supposed to be swear words in the movie. What kind of swear words are allowed in todays PG movies (I ask because Goonies was PG and occasionally dropped the S bomb.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:11 PM   #65
raphaelprime
Hench Mutant
 
raphaelprime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Caniac Nation, NC
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
There are supposed to be swear words in the movie. What kind of swear words are allowed in todays PG movies (I ask because Goonies was PG and occasionally dropped the S bomb.
Yeah, the first TMNT movie had 7 uses of the word 'damn'. I think thats still the only 'swear' word still allowed in PG movies. Or they could be talking about the subtle differences between 'Hell' and 'Shell' as in compared to 'What the hell?' with 'What the shell?' since its still pretty sugestive. Also the old Transformers movie had the s word in it too, and it was a cartoon for kids at the time lol.
__________________
"Welcome to the south, plan to lose in our house, GoCanes, Carolina is back, and we're all Caniacs, GoCanes, We want more, shutout score, let's go Ward, GoCanes"....the new and improved version of Clapton's classic Cocaine


Courtesy of Sliced...Thanks Sliced.
raphaelprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:19 PM   #66
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
I wonder if Raph really calls the Jersey Devil "You little monster!" or something worse!

Well, I've been reading around. Apparently, if this movie does well, the next movie will be pushing for a hard PG-13, even though the producer initially wanted a rated R TMNT. PG-13, I can see happening, but not the R. Though it would be nice.

This movie has to garner 100 million domestically. What's the chance of it accomplishing that? Someone on the IMDb boards mentioned that the big name actors should be getting on the talk shows and advertise for this movie. How come this isn't being done?

They also need to shows those clips to a more broader audience, because that is some top notch cgi there. The voice acting, the sound effects, the tone, everything, even though this is a PG movie, is quite raw, and I can't believe people would not be stoked about this movie, if they got a chance to see the more serious stuff of it, or at least the more edgier.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:23 PM   #67
raphaelprime
Hench Mutant
 
raphaelprime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Caniac Nation, NC
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Someone on the IMDb boards mentioned that the big name actors should be getting on the talk shows and advertise for this movie. How come this isn't being done?

lol, i JUST responded to that same question on another thread lol. Most of the time when a guest is on to promote a movie, the movie is comming out that week. Unless they cannot be scheduled that week. So im guessing most of them were avalible for next week, so im willing to bet(good amount too) that next week and or the week after they will.
__________________
"Welcome to the south, plan to lose in our house, GoCanes, Carolina is back, and we're all Caniacs, GoCanes, We want more, shutout score, let's go Ward, GoCanes"....the new and improved version of Clapton's classic Cocaine


Courtesy of Sliced...Thanks Sliced.
raphaelprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:36 PM   #68
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
^Great minds think alike!

This is going to be the longest week for me, I swear.

So, what is everyone gonna do to prepare themselves for the movie? Gonna do anything special? You gonna wear a special shirt or adorn the colors of your favorite Turtle. Sounds stupid, but my friends and I are gonna dye strands in our hair the colors of the Turtles masks. We are also trying to find shirts with the new movie characters on them. Has anyone seen any shirts with the new designs?
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:38 PM   #69
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphaelprime View Post
Most of the time when a guest is on to promote a movie, the movie is comming out that week. Unless they cannot be scheduled that week. So im guessing most of them were avalible for next week, so im willing to bet(good amount too) that next week and or the week after they will.
Exactly. Talk shows don't promote movies unless they'll be immediately available for viewing. The earliest I've ever seen it done was two days before the movie they were promoting.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:41 PM   #70
Quiet_Guy
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 166
http://media.wii.ign.com/media/794/794101/vids_1.html

Heh, Nightwatcher is playable
Quiet_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:45 PM   #71
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
I'm not sure why everyone's so adamant about an R rated TMNT. Is the comic book really so dark as to necessitate an R rating. TMNT would do fine as a PG-13 movie, R would be a bit much for the franchise.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:52 PM   #72
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I'm not sure why everyone's so adamant about an R rated TMNT. Is the comic book really so dark as to necessitate an R rating. TMNT would do fine as a PG-13 movie, R would be a bit much for the franchise.

Because people want to see Leo actually shed some serious blood on his blade, and to hear Raph talk like a real New Yorker, with none of this "shell this" and "shell that" business.

But other than that, you're right, TMNT could do fine as a PG-13. Quite well actually.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:53 PM   #73
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Because people want to see Leo actually shed some serious blood on his blade, and to hear Raph talk like a real New Yorker, with none of this "shell this" and "shell that" business.

But other than that, you're right, TMNT could do fine as a PG-13. Quite well actually.
Take it up to PG-13 and they could make it the best TMNT flick ever.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:08 PM   #74
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet_Guy View Post
I think that's the Wii's exclusive mini-game for Raph. If he's playable on any other system, I'll be surprised.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:17 PM   #75
raphaelprime
Hench Mutant
 
raphaelprime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Caniac Nation, NC
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
I think that's the Wii's exclusive mini-game for Raph. If he's playable on any other system, I'll be surprised.

I highly doubt that. Since the game seems to follow the movie, your gonna have a stage where you play as Nightwatcher(kinds like the solo Leo in the jungle)
__________________
"Welcome to the south, plan to lose in our house, GoCanes, Carolina is back, and we're all Caniacs, GoCanes, We want more, shutout score, let's go Ward, GoCanes"....the new and improved version of Clapton's classic Cocaine


Courtesy of Sliced...Thanks Sliced.
raphaelprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:38 PM   #76
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Has anyone seen any shirts with the new designs?
Yes.. U can order them here. They have both adult and children sizes.
http://www.giantmerchandising.com/retail/TMNT-C190.aspx

They came out on the 15th and I preordered before then, but I have yet to receive mine...and Im a bit annoyed because my order summary says it hasn't even been shipped. Hrm...
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 03:05 AM   #77
blue_angel99
Hench Mutant
 
blue_angel99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLASH!!! View Post
IGN.com has 4 clips check them out here.

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/15...40/vids_1.html

They added another clip! It's an intense fight scene between Raph(Night Watchman) and Leo (Jungle boy). Way more than in the first one. They're fight remind me of the ones I had with my younger brothers. Like Leo, I was always right and my little jerky bros weren't. I love them soooo much.

Just one more week!!! I'm sadly going solo to watch it cause MY FRIENDS don't see what so great about TMNT. Ah well. If you are an Oahu islander and you see a little hispanic chick sittin in a corner by herself, please don't pity me. I will enjoy the night my own way. maybe i'll meet the perfect guy, fall in love and have a tmnt theme wedding!
__________________
blue_angel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 06:21 AM   #78
Garou
On a X-Men: Evo trip!
 
Garou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In a different and wicked reality...
Posts: 1,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youal View Post
Any one notise in the 3rd TV Spot, Raph bash the Jersey Devil over the head with a frying pan but its not in the clips that we seen in IGN. Its a quick cut so watch it in slow motion to catch it. Have a look:

http://pdl.warnerbros.com/wbmovies/t...vspot3_500.mov

I wonder if the MPAA force Ken Munroe to cut that out.
I know it's a bit late, but just thought I'd say something on that.

I must be the worst nerd ever. I've been sitting on my computer watching movie clips for God knows how long, and there are atleast more than two times, where the clip with Raph smacking the Jersey Devil with the frying pan could have been. You see it when the devil is at one place, the camera switches to Raph, and the Devil is suddenly at a new spot (for example after it's been hit by the refrigerator). So I hope it will still be in the movie. I'm counting on it, atleast...
__________________
Ferret Bureau of Investigation
Garou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 08:00 AM   #79
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_angel99 View Post
They added another clip! It's an intense fight scene between Raph(Night Watchman) and Leo (Jungle boy). Way more than in the first one. They're fight remind me of the ones I had with my younger brothers. Like Leo, I was always right and my little jerky bros weren't. I love them soooo much.
Actually Blue there are a dozen clips on that site, not just the 4 stated.
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 08:37 AM   #80
Barkworm
Draconian leftist ruler
 
Barkworm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Germany
Posts: 6,696
I think Leo's "I'm better than you!" line in the latest clip was really awkward but apart from that I'm totally digging it. And the voice acting is great! Really good work there.
__________________
Make ****, not kill!
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.