The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2007, 08:09 PM   #21
Splinter's Iroonna
Hench Mutant
 
Splinter's Iroonna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledermaus View Post
Did you tell them why specifically, TMNT needs to make money, and why it is at unlucky risk of not making enough money? This isn't just some POTC blockbuster that everyone will know will rock. This is something that people aren't sure of. TMNT's success depends critically on how well it does at the box office.
Are you kidding? I risked a lot just passing THAT much "judgment" on the "homelives" of my students!

*sigh*

I do what I can, but in a culture where so much is taken for granted, like free school lunch (so much so that they think that if they lose their tickets, the school OWES it to them to feed them-- 'cause their parents think so)-- NOT to mention that a few of the TEACHERS seem to think that bootlegs are "okay"--

*head explodes*

I do my best. I do my best to explain it. A few maybe get it. That's all I can do.
__________________
Original banner by Imagi, comments/adaptations by Ninjatron-- check out his blog!
http://astroboyworld.blogspot.com/
Splinter's Iroonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 08:32 PM   #22
syk_skillz
Foot Soldier
 
syk_skillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Flint, Michigan
Posts: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter's Iroonna View Post
I do what I can, but in a culture where so much is taken for granted, like free school lunch (so much so that they think that if they lose their tickets, the school OWES it to them to feed them-- 'cause their parents think so)-- NOT to mention that a few of the TEACHERS seem to think that bootlegs are "okay"--
When the first Harry Potter came out my English teacher whom had us reading the book at the time actually said who ever could get him a bootleg would get a A for the semester. If I had a computer at the time I'm sure I would have probably been tempted since it was my senior year and I needed the class to graduate. I'll only look at bootlegs of movies I think look like crap but I want to give a chance like HULK, Resident Evil Nemesis.

Seems the movie maybe doing very good since today is the most people I ever saw in a theater at Flint Showcase Cinema East which hardly ever has anyone in the theater. I usually always see a movie the day after the release like today and usually there is only about 20 people in the show while today when I counted there was 63 in the auditorium. I swear I don't know how the theater makes money with the little show ups they receive. Great Movie and best thing is I only had to pay $4.00 each for me and my brother. Weird since matinee shows usually cost $5.50.

I loved the movie so much I had decided to run a special promo on my site for the turtles.
__________________
syk_skillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:25 PM   #23
raphaelprime
Hench Mutant
 
raphaelprime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Caniac Nation, NC
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by coryroo24 View Post
This is a response to the high ticket prices of a movie theater. You are better off waiting for the dvd than to go see the movie, especially with the lower priced high def tvs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledermaus View Post
What the hell are you talking about? The movie experience is WAY better than the small screen of a computer or TV.
He's got a point. While seeing movies in the theatres is a much better expierence, sometimes its not really worth the price and is better to wait for DVD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis View Post
High prices? For me it was only $7.50 to go see the movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo View Post
My ticket price was 11 bucks btw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunoichi_Haruko View Post
Yeah, I paid $10. Granted, I used Fandango, but still it would've been $9 if I hadn't.

See, those are examples of over pricing admission for theatres. You get maybe a fraction of the content you get on dvd, yet still pay half the price before the dvd comes out.

I paid 6.50(was in Raleigh) for mine and it was 13 bucks for me and my friend. Im not complaining too much, but, any other day i want i can also go to see the same movie, opening night, for 4.50 for a matinee or 6.00 for a night showing. And i can also go to a drive-in theatre(yes their still around lol) with a much larger screen and only pay 5 bucks for 3 movies.
__________________
"Welcome to the south, plan to lose in our house, GoCanes, Carolina is back, and we're all Caniacs, GoCanes, We want more, shutout score, let's go Ward, GoCanes"....the new and improved version of Clapton's classic Cocaine


Courtesy of Sliced...Thanks Sliced.
raphaelprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:34 PM   #24
Ralphmacchio
Thug
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphaelprime View Post
He's got a point. While seeing movies in the theatres is a much better expierence, sometimes its not really worth the price and is better to wait for DVD.






See, those are examples of over pricing admission for theatres. You get maybe a fraction of the content you get on dvd, yet still pay half the price before the dvd comes out.

I paid 6.50(was in Raleigh) for mine and it was 13 bucks for me and my friend. Im not complaining too much, but, any other day i want i can also go to see the same movie, opening night, for 4.50 for a matinee or 6.00 for a night showing. And i can also go to a drive-in theatre(yes their still around lol) with a much larger screen and only pay 5 bucks for 3 movies.
Nice. Even the best bootleg has sync problems, trust me I know people who sell them.
Ralphmacchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:48 PM   #25
LeoNerdo
Stone Warrior
 
LeoNerdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 872
yeah i saw a couple screeners floating around today and was kinda surprised how good the quality was. but anyways i only paid 4 dollars yesterday afternoon to see this movie and even then i could've walked in for free because the computers at my movie theatre were down and wasnt printing tickets..
LeoNerdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:49 PM   #26
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai
 
Ecto Jedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by shreddhead View Post
yeah i saw a couple screeners floating around today and was kinda surprised how good the quality was. but anyways i only paid 4 dollars yesterday afternoon to see this movie and even then i could've walked in for free because the computers at my movie theatre were down and wasnt printing tickets..
Four...dollars? Did you go back in time to the year 1982, or what?
Ecto Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:11 PM   #27
Leonardo Mystic
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo Mystic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 904
Seriously. I want a $4 movie ticket.

It costs $8.25 at theaters around here for an evening movie; $5.75 for a matinee. While this movie is worth spending every penny of it, it can get very expensive very fast if you want to see it more than one time. And have you seen the price of popcorn and soda lately? Insane.

I've seen it twice now; the first time my friend paid for my ticket because she owed me some money. A large popcorn and soda was shared between us and two others that went with us. Tonight I went for the second time, and spent over $15 for a ticket, small popcorn, and bottled water.

I'm not one to go to the movies often anyway. It'll be a year or more that I'll step into a theater. If I see something I think I want to see, I just wait for it to come on out DVD. TMNT, however, is completely different. I want to see it in the theater as much as I can possibly afford to.
__________________

Leonardo Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:13 PM   #28
Sliced
Stone Warrior
 
Sliced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you
Posts: 793
What were you all expecting ? Its free, so no doubt alot of kids are gonna want to have this movie for free, and they will be able to see it again and again. With a great quality. on their computers or tv. With friends and all...

Alot of people are not thinking this movie is worth being seen in theaters for $7... Others might just don't want anyone to know that they love TMNT. And others might just be pure pirates just downloading everything they can, not caring about anything, as its free and easy to obtain.

The price of the ticket is of little importance really, it doesn't matter if you have to pay 5 or 7 bucks for something, if you can have it for free, you will of course be tempted... It will affect TMNT's final B.O., but it won't cost us a sequel, as it will still make enough money to pay the production cost of the movie + the production cost of a sequel (that would approx. mean a final domestic B.O. of $90 million, my personnal estimation...)
__________________
Sliced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:16 PM   #29
Fledermaus
Mad Scientist
 
Fledermaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliced View Post
The price of the ticket is of little importance really, it doesn't matter if you have to pay 5 or 7 bucks for something, if you can have it for free, you will of course be tempted... It will affect TMNT's final B.O., but it won't cost us a sequel, as it will still make enough money to pay the production cost of the movie + the production cost of a sequel (that would approx. mean a final domestic B.O. of $90 million, my personnal estimation...)
I really, really hope you're right. I want to a have a GOOD sequel, though. The more money you've got, the more freedom you have to do it right.
__________________
We're calling it a freeway. Eight lanes of shimmering cement running from here to Pasadena. Smooth, safe, fast. Traffic jams will be a thing of the past. I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night! Soon there will be a string of gas stations, inexpensive motels, restaurants that serve rapidly prepared food! Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see! My God... It'll be beautiful.
Fledermaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:26 PM   #30
Sliced
Stone Warrior
 
Sliced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you
Posts: 793
Of course I'm right...

Plus, don't you even dare to forget about the DVD sales. This thing will sell big. So, even if the b.o. was to be low, the dvd sales would garantee a sequel. There will be a TMNT 2 (or if you prefer a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 5...)
__________________
Sliced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:35 PM   #31
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai
 
Ecto Jedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliced View Post
Of course I'm right...

Plus, don't you even dare to forget about the DVD sales. This thing will sell big. So, even if the b.o. was to be low, the dvd sales would garantee a sequel. There will be a TMNT 2 (or if you prefer a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 5...)
I just pray it won't be a direct-to-DVD rushjob.
Ecto Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:36 PM   #32
Leonardo Mystic
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo Mystic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliced View Post
The price of the ticket is of little importance really, it doesn't matter if you have to pay 5 or 7 bucks for something, if you can have it for free, you will of course be tempted... It will affect TMNT's final B.O., but it won't cost us a sequel, as it will still make enough money to pay the production cost of the movie + the production cost of a sequel (that would approx. mean a final domestic B.O. of $90 million, my personnal estimation...)
To clarify, at least on where I stand, I would not be tempted in the slightest to get this for free. I want quality, so I'm willing to pay for it. Whether it be a movie, game, etc. I detest bootlegs, and it actually makes me very irate that people would be so dishonest.

I'm only saying it can be expensive for people that have tight wallets and are living on strict budgets. I would love to see this every weekend until the DVD comes out, but I have more important things that $15 needs to go towards other than a movie. A beautiful, impressive movie, but still a movie. It's considered a luxury for me. I'll manage a third time next weekend after I get paid again. As far as this weekend goes, I think I've done my part well.
__________________

Leonardo Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:05 AM   #33
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
The only thing that could tempt me to download this movie is a workprint version. I'd download that, continue seeing it in theaters, use the workprint to tide me over until the DVD, and hold onto the workprint until the deluxe edition with all the same footage is available.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:06 AM   #34
Masked Ninja
Doodles TMNT for fun
 
Masked Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: sploshin' through some sewer...
Posts: 2,137
I don't go to the movies very often, so the money for the tickets didn't bug me. Plus I was able to get mine for $5.50 through the university, while I would have had to pay $8 at the ticket office of the theater itself. I'd even go again, in spite of expecting this summer to be one of my busiest movie summers yet.

I really want this to do well, though. One of the friends I saw it with last night called me earlier today and said that she'd gone to see it again, to take two of the mentally handicapped people she works with.
Masked Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:16 AM   #35
blueoakleyz
Foot Soldier
 
blueoakleyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 179
To see this movie tonight for us (mom and myself) and popcorn/soda/hotdogs the total was $45... ouch. Although, putting a rude lady in her place for crowding in front of me at the condiment table: priceless
__________________
Officially did not like the new TMNT movie. Just say no to CGI. I feel as if after watching this movie my beloved franchise of 20 years has been killed for good. Farewell TMNT, I love you.
blueoakleyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:18 AM   #36
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul
 
Cascadia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,731
goodness...that is expensive. For me to go to the movie twice cost $12 total.
__________________

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:26 AM   #37
misnomer
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 18
I'm guilty of downloading it....but that's only because a) I'm a poor student
b) I wouldn't be able to convince anyone I know to willingly walk into a theatre and say "one for ninja turtles please"...I know I shouldn't be embarrased...turtles were my childhood...but there you go. Still, I'm gonna buy the dvd anyhow-if it's got the extra footage
misnomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:28 AM   #38
Revan
Han Shot First
 
Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by misnomer View Post
I'm guilty of downloading it....but that's only because a) I'm a poor student
b) I wouldn't be able to convince anyone I know to willingly walk into a theatre and say "one for ninja turtles please"...I know I shouldn't be embarrased...turtles were my childhood...but there you go. Still, I'm gonna buy the dvd anyhow-if it's got the extra footage
You should still see it in the theatre. My position is, if you buy it, you can download it. Besides, we need to support the movie!
__________________
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:29 AM   #39
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul
 
Cascadia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,731
I agree....go during the day when the price is cheaper. Also, sometimes movie theaters give discounts for college students.
__________________

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:59 AM   #40
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
As I've seen it twice (so far) and will buy it when it comes out, could someone PM me about where I can download it? Pretty please?
__________________


Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.