The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Did you enjoy TMNT?
A+ this was an awesome movie 87 41.63%
A It was really good 64 30.62%
B pretty good movie 43 20.57%
C eh it is ok but I like the older ones better 8 3.83%
D Disapointing I didn't really think it was all good 3 1.44%
E Terrible. Disgusting. worst movie of 2007 3 1.44%
I am not going to see this movie. Don't like CGI or ninja turtles. 1 0.48%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2007, 04:37 PM   #361
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
At any rate, I, too, noticed an awkward romantic tension between Leo and April ... when she landed in his arms and then the music got all dramatic and it froze on his heroic face, I burst out laughing.

But then, maybe those smiles just looked romantic. Leo and Raph shared one of those, two, when Leo said he needed Raph near the end.
__________________


Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 04:42 PM   #362
kerfootw
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
At any rate, I, too, noticed an awkward romantic tension between Leo and April ... when she landed in his arms and then the music got all dramatic and it froze on his heroic face, I burst out laughing.

But then, maybe those smiles just looked romantic. Leo and Raph shared one of those, two, when Leo said he needed Raph near the end.
Not to mention you've got a picture of Raph and Mikey seemingly hugging each other in all your messages.
kerfootw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 04:45 PM   #363
Kunoichi_Haruko
A shell of a good hit!
 
Kunoichi_Haruko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond, Va.
Posts: 1,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerfootw View Post
Not to mention you've got a picture of Raph and Mikey seemingly hugging each other in all your messages.
If it's any consolation, Raph doesn't look too thrilled to be receiving said hug.
__________________
Kunoichi_Haruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 04:50 PM   #364
kerfootw
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 405
I know. I saw that episode.
kerfootw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 05:05 PM   #365
wyze2099
Hench Mutant
 
wyze2099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
I did'nt see any of that. April and Leo's conversations came off like brother and sister, she was heavily into Casey.

God, when it comes to 'Shippers, there is no SANE conversation.
Yeah, they came off as brother and sister to me, too. Notice the part in my post where I mentioned that while the two of them interacted in a way that could be viewed as romantic, I could see it more as a deep platonic friendship. There's more than one way to view their interactions; the difficulties I encounter are with people who get bent out of shape if everyone has to see it ONE particular way.

I have to admit I'm a bit mellow about the topic of 'shipping, partly because I've done a lot of fanfiction writing and a lot of the fanfiction community is comprised of 'shippers. Arguments about relationships can get heated and ridiculous, but one thing I've learned from it is that there are plenty of ways to interpret a dynamic between two characters. There are more possible relationships than the romantic, as I've noted above, though romantic/sexual relationships are fixated on the most because it's not often explored in media canon. One advantage of fanfiction is that it can go places that the source material can't or won't for various reasons.

There's no skin off my nose if the Turtles never enter into a romantic/sexual relationship with April, Karai, or any other character, but hey, if it happens, great. And the idea of it happening could make for some interesting stories. There are plenty of interesting stories to be had of platonic, brother/sister relationships as well.

How's that for "a SANE conversation"?
__________________
TMNT: Mutant Town
A Ninja Turtles Discord RPG and community.
Currently ongoing: A Friday-night RPG on voice chat!


Editor-in-Chief of
Marvel Crossroads fanfiction group
wyze2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 07:18 PM   #366
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist
 
Ramboraph4life aka Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: North Liberty, Iowa
Posts: 1,233
Rooish I too like that picture of mikey hugging Raph...which episode is that from by the way...lol i don't even remember that image
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 07:41 PM   #367
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Did you notice how tall the Turtles were in this movie? In the cartoon, they are quite, uh, squat. In the Old movies, they were tall, because there were men in suits, minus Mikey.

In here, I noticed that April was just like an inch or two taller than Leo. Kind of cool detail. Leo was also taller than Raph when they were arguing.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 07:42 PM   #368
Laurael
Random Punk
 
Laurael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 17
I voted A+ because even though, yes, it wasn't totally perfect and could have been improved in parts, it was still awesome to me.
Laurael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 07:52 PM   #369
Rikirk
Foot Soldier
 
Rikirk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 208
I loved the movie....It was good to see them on the big screen again.

The tension betwenn Raph and Leo was great, and also taking the movie seriously and getting rid of the cheese helped alot.

I would have much rather seen the 4 taking on street gangs than monsters, but I guess the monster element was for the kids.


still a great movie, definitely will consider getting the DVD.

__________________
"Did you say mattress?...I did ask you not to, now I have to get into the fish tank and sing.

"Yes, yes I admit I tuned you out but in my defense its because I already figured out that youre stupid.'---Dr Rodney McKay - Stargate: Atlantis
Rikirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 08:46 PM   #370
Revan
Han Shot First
 
Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikirk View Post
I would have much rather seen the 4 taking on street gangs than monsters, but I guess the monster element was for the kids.
I hope the next movie shows the boys kicking more street thugs around. Superhero movies don't show enough of this. Spider-man didn't do it enough, superman didn't, Daredevil did it somewhat but that movie was horrible. The first fight scene in the dark from the first movie was awesome. More of that would definately satisfy me.
__________________
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:13 PM   #371
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Anyone else wonder if the Foot Ninja that went with Karai, Casey, and April and who seems to be injured may in fact be...
Spoiler:
Oroku Saki
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:15 PM   #372
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino View Post
I hope the next movie shows the boys kicking more street thugs around. Superhero movies don't show enough of this. Spider-man didn't do it enough, superman didn't, Daredevil did it somewhat but that movie was horrible. The first fight scene in the dark from the first movie was awesome. More of that would definately satisfy me.
Thing is, after a very short while, the street thug thing gets tiresome. They'd probably do that for the opening scene, but don't count on that beign the main plot point.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:38 PM   #373
Seiza
Thug
 
Seiza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
At any rate, I, too, noticed an awkward romantic tension between Leo and April ... when she landed in his arms and then the music got all dramatic and it froze on his heroic face, I burst out laughing.
My friend and I were whispering turtle backstories before the movie started, and we made it to discussing April's lovelife. My friend tried to remember who it was that loved her, and I asked, "Human or turtle?"

Then the movie started and we shushed. When it got to that Leo/April scene, she actually whispered back, "Oh, so Leo's the one!" Too bad I was actually thinking of Don...

I can see where any potential shippers might come from, but these two obviously work just as well in a platonic friendship/sibling-ish feel. Kinda nice to see big-sister!April and Leo together, since I usually see her interact with Mikey in that manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Anyone else wonder if the Foot Ninja that went with Karai, Casey, and April and who seems to be injured may in fact be...
I guess it's because it seems odd to see Karai interact so much with one Foot Ninja, but I still doubt it. It just seemed more for comedic value.
Seiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:26 AM   #374
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Anyone else wonder if the Foot Ninja that went with Karai, Casey, and April and who seems to be injured may in fact be...
Spoiler:
Oroku Saki
Wow. That was probably dumber than the people I've seen who insist it was Chaplin

But I doubt that Ninja was who you say it is...kind of humanizes him, especially since his interaction with Karai was in two comedic scenes.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 03:05 AM   #375
LogicDonny
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,643
Well today is the day I will be seeing it ! Can't wait.

I'll give my impressions later tonight.
LogicDonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:11 AM   #376
Draconic
Hench Mutant
 
Draconic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 328
***he following may contain spoilers for TMNT 1 & 2***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
But...
Spoiler:
Did anyone else hear Karai's sequel bait lines at the end of the movie... Yeah...but what would it be called...*Looks to Angry Nintendo Nerd for guidance*
Yeah,
Karai: We will have business soon, involving faces from the past
turtle: She doesn't mean...



By the way, how long will it take to find out how well the turtles faired on opening weekend? The theater were packed at the 9:55 over here on opening night, and earlier shows had sold out completely. When I went back on Sunday to watch Reign Over Me, people were still buying tickets so I'm kind of excited to hear the numbers.
__________________
[CENTER]

Last edited by Draconic; 03-26-2007 at 07:17 AM.
Draconic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:30 AM   #377
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator
 
Jo Dawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Authority On All Things Don
Posts: 5,190
*Walks into thread*

*Ahem* I will now speak briefly on my thoughts.

This movie... is beyond awesome. I heartily approve. *stamps the Jo-Approval Official Stamp of Greatness on the movie and Kevin's forehead*

(Really, I'll give a more detailed account of my thoughts later. I'm at college, heh).



And one more thing...

Quote:
I did'nt see any of that. April and Leo's conversations came off like brother and sister, she was heavily into Casey.

God, when it comes to 'Shippers, there is no SANE conversation.
Hear, hear! I knew when I saw that scene that people would say that. Jeez, people! They're like brother and sister and we all know that.

...And besides. Everyone knows that the only true canon crush we have is Don/April. And that's a fact, straight from Laird. Thank you.

*bows out of thread*


PS - WOO HOO!! (I can't wait to gush on this later!!)
__________________
Jo Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:51 AM   #378
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
I know, I know. Don likes April. That's why I thought it was so weird, in the movie, how into each other Leo and April seemed. I ain't no shipper and I thought that was bizarre.

Draconic ... LMFAO.

Warhorse ... I noticed that the Turtles were pretty tall here. To be honest, I like them short. But I did think the height differences between the Turtles were pretty cool. Leo looked taller than Mikey or Raph.

raphroehler2003, the episode I got my signature pic from is "Secret Origins, Part 3." Really funny part. And no, I'm not a Mikey/Raph shipper
__________________


Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:18 AM   #379
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator
 
Jo Dawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Authority On All Things Don
Posts: 5,190
Really? I seriously just got the 'we've been freinds FOREVER' vibe from them. I'd look fondly upon a friend I hadn't seen for a year or so too.

I shall speak like a broken record until people LISTEN TO ME.

Hahaha...

But seriously. I'm thinking maybe the relationship thoughts may need their own thread soon. It's startin' to kinda tie up general movie thoughts.
__________________
Jo Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:35 AM   #380
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
Yeah, I can see it that way, too, which makes it pretty darn cute. Long-time fans who get that there's never been any sexual tension between Leo and April would interpret it as a sibling-like, warm bond. But I can also see how people who are less familiar with it all would think that Leo heroically caught April and then they gazed at each other.
__________________


Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.