The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Did you enjoy TMNT?
A+ this was an awesome movie 87 41.63%
A It was really good 64 30.62%
B pretty good movie 43 20.57%
C eh it is ok but I like the older ones better 8 3.83%
D Disapointing I didn't really think it was all good 3 1.44%
E Terrible. Disgusting. worst movie of 2007 3 1.44%
I am not going to see this movie. Don't like CGI or ninja turtles. 1 0.48%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2007, 02:44 PM   #381
Revan
Han Shot First
 
Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
I can also see how people who are less familiar with it all would think that Leo heroically caught April and then they gazed at each other.
That is disgusting. I understand that the boys are teenagers who will never be able to mate with anything. But if there is one thing tmnt movie makers should avoid, it's inter-species mating.
__________________
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 05:10 PM   #382
MAESTAS
Foot Soldier
 
MAESTAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 100
I thought the movie was great. It didn't show Michelangelo and Donatello that much. It was still a great movie, I will probably go see it again.
MAESTAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 05:17 PM   #383
Revan
Han Shot First
 
Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
I paid full admission for my ticket so don't come after me when I tell you I have been watching clips from fake user accounts on youtube. It's such a beautiful movie. Even better the second time you see it.

P.S. keep an eye out for pirate vids on youtube and alert the forum when they surface! FLAG THOSE VIDS!
__________________
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:49 PM   #384
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
Yeah, I can see it that way, too, which makes it pretty darn cute. Long-time fans who get that there's never been any sexual tension between Leo and April would interpret it as a sibling-like, warm bond. But I can also see how people who are less familiar with it all would think that Leo heroically caught April and then they gazed at each other.
People did chuckle when Leo and April looked at eachother. I was like, Oh brother! But the second they started to talk about the family, all those weird funky feelings between those two dissappeared. But just for that second, it was akward.

Besides, I thought it was Leo and Karai that were the big shippers?
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:02 PM   #385
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
Oh lordy. Not touching Leo/Karai with a ten-foot pole.

MAESTAS and Neutrino, I agree with you both. Mikey and Donny weren't in it enough. But it was beautiful. And it's better the second time. (I can't wait for the third!) Man, I keep going back and forth between loving it to death and being disappointed.
__________________


Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:17 PM   #386
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
Oh lordy. Not touching Leo/Karai with a ten-foot pole.

Is that really a ten (12 inches per) foot pole, or a pole made of 10 foot ninjas?
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:19 PM   #387
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130


It would take ten Foot Ninjas to keep Leo and Karai off each other!
__________________


Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:25 PM   #388
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post


It would take ten Foot Ninjas to keep Leo and Karai off each other!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. You know, that whole Karai/Leo thing is almost like a F@#$%^ up version of Romeo and Juliet.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:41 PM   #389
Revan
Han Shot First
 
Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Sorry, I couldn't resist. You know, that whole Karai/Leo thing is almost like a F@#$%^ up version of Romeo and Juliet.
It's so weird that a human could feel anything for a giant mutant turtle.

Has anyone ever thought of how crappy it would be to be a teenager and have no one to fool around with. ie) the tmnts

bummer
__________________
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:44 PM   #390
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino View Post
It's so weird that a human could feel anything for a giant mutant turtle.

Has anyone ever thought of how crappy it would be to be a teenager and have no one to fool around with. ie) the tmnts

bummer
I think that is one of the biggest issues concerning Raph and his frustrations and anger. Considering he probably possesses the most testosterone out of all the Turtles.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:11 PM   #391
wyze2099
Hench Mutant
 
wyze2099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
I think that is one of the biggest issues concerning Raph and his frustrations and anger. Considering he probably possesses the most testosterone out of all the Turtles.
Seriously. That turtle really. Really needs to get laid.
__________________
TMNT: Mutant Town
A Ninja Turtles Discord RPG and community.
Currently ongoing: A Friday-night RPG on voice chat!


Editor-in-Chief of
Marvel Crossroads fanfiction group
wyze2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:14 AM   #392
METALHEAD
Stone Warrior
 
METALHEAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: san benito texas
Posts: 734
[QUOTE=Putrescent;482976]I thought those where people who dressed up in the costumes or are those plushies...oh my to many freaks in the club for me lol


<o.O> i'm a furry jack ass. and i'll have you know we're more normal and we're nicer people then starwars and startrek fans and tmnt is anthro-related most furries are into tmnt...i take o'fence of your comment sir but i will ignore that just as i ignore everyother idiot who thinks furries are sexual freaks which i'll have you know not ALL furries are like that
METALHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:11 AM   #393
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
[QUOTE=METALHEAD;485018]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
I thought those where people who dressed up in the costumes or are those plushies...oh my to many freaks in the club for me lol


<o.O> i'm a furry jack ass. and i'll have you know we're more normal and we're nicer people then starwars and startrek fans and tmnt is anthro-related most furries are into tmnt...i take o'fence of your comment sir but i will ignore that just as i ignore everyother idiot who thinks furries are sexual freaks which i'll have you know not ALL furries are like that
ummmmm yeah I happen to be friends with some people who do that while I dont dig it I don't care what other people do as long as they arent having sex with real animals.
And the thing I said "to many freaks in the club" is a well known saying...like to many chefs in the kitchen i mean really you don't see any chefs coming in here and flipping out do you?
And I'll thank you to read the whole thread of before you jump down one persons throat.
p.s. please stop taking yourself so seriously I really find it funny from one person that dresses up and does caberet stage shows to another who dresses in animal costumes to really get pissed over something that insignificant it really makes you look insecure.

Last edited by VaughnMichael; 03-27-2007 at 05:22 AM.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:44 AM   #394
Fledermaus
Mad Scientist
 
Fledermaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,115
80's Homage in TMNT?

Am I the only one who got the impression that the ridiculous plot in TMNT was possible homage to the Ghostbusters movie, which came out in 1984 same as the first comic book? I swear, the swirling green portal/vortex looks just like the one above the skyscraper of the "Gate Keeper." And what about the Jersey Devil's uncanny resemblance to those cute, evil critters from Gremins -- which, interestingly, also came out in 1984? Did you guys spot anything else?
__________________
We're calling it a freeway. Eight lanes of shimmering cement running from here to Pasadena. Smooth, safe, fast. Traffic jams will be a thing of the past. I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night! Soon there will be a string of gas stations, inexpensive motels, restaurants that serve rapidly prepared food! Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see! My God... It'll be beautiful.
Fledermaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:49 AM   #395
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
[QUOTE=METALHEAD;485018]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
I thought those where people who dressed up in the costumes or are those plushies...oh my to many freaks in the club for me lol


<o.O> i'm a furry jack ass. and i'll have you know we're more normal and we're nicer people then starwars and startrek fans and tmnt is anthro-related most furries are into tmnt...i take o'fence of your comment sir but i will ignore that just as i ignore everyother idiot who thinks furries are sexual freaks which i'll have you know not ALL furries are like that
My X was into that ****. All her friends smelled like ass and they were the biggest group of ugliest nerds I have ever seen.

And I'm not shallow.

Moral of the story, this is why I avoid anime conventions.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:52 AM   #396
Anarky
Outlaw Hero
 
Anarky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Tannhauser Gate
Posts: 4,867
Ladies, Gentlemen and Furries, would you please stop insulting the fluffier kind of humanity? And don't we all, deep down, crave a little yiffing?

No, seriously, thou shalt not bash minorities and minorities shalt not bash back, starting now.
Anarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:53 AM   #397
Revan
Han Shot First
 
Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledermaus View Post
Am I the only one who got the impression that the ridiculous plot in TMNT was possible homage to the Ghostbusters movie, which came out in 1984 same as the first comic book? I swear, the swirling green portal/vortex looks just like the one above the skyscraper of the "Gate Keeper." And what about the Jersey Devil's uncanny resemblance to those cute, evil critters from Gremins -- which, interestingly, also came out in 1984? Did you guys spot anything else?
Ha there was so much more.

Winters' death = Beauty and the Beast
Opening battle in the past = Walled city of Troy in the background
Planets align unleashing monsters = Disney's Hercules

just to name a few
__________________
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:56 AM   #398
Fledermaus
Mad Scientist
 
Fledermaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino View Post
Ha there was so much more.

Winters' death = Beauty and the Beast
Opening battle in the past = Walled city of Troy in the background
Planets align unleashing monsters = Disney's Hercules

just to name a few
Actually... I meant stuff from the 80's in particular...

But yeah. TMNT started off as a pop culture parody, and it seems like it was done quite a bit in this film as well (though... perhaps too much )
__________________
We're calling it a freeway. Eight lanes of shimmering cement running from here to Pasadena. Smooth, safe, fast. Traffic jams will be a thing of the past. I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night! Soon there will be a string of gas stations, inexpensive motels, restaurants that serve rapidly prepared food! Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see! My God... It'll be beautiful.
Fledermaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:18 AM   #399
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledermaus View Post
But yeah. TMNT started off as a pop culture parody, and it seems like it was done quite a bit in this film as well (though... perhaps too much )
That's a good point. Kinda cool. And if it takes you multiple viewings and deep thought to see the pop culture parody (or influences), it probably wasn't overdone.

There's a lot of weird circular and parallel and metaphorical stuff going on in this movie, and I don't know how much of it was intentional. I'm really curious, because TMNT as parody has usually been pretty subtle, on average. Closer to a self-aware homage. TMNT rarely comes off like Shrek, which hits you over the head with its references.

For once, I can't wait for the director's commentary track on the DVD.
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ]
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:49 PM   #400
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarky View Post
Ladies, Gentlemen and Furries, would you please stop insulting the fluffier kind of humanity? And don't we all, deep down, crave a little yiffing?

No, seriously, thou shalt not bash minorities and minorities shalt not bash back, starting now.
um dude no one was bashing him he came into the thread posted not a single thing about the movie started bahsing me and I wasn't even the friggin one to start talking about shippers!
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.