The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2007, 11:47 PM   #221
LeoNerdo
Stone Warrior
 
LeoNerdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Could anyone please post some screencaps from the menu screens?
here's a couple



LeoNerdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 12:14 AM   #222
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
i have a question. Why wasn't the two part Planet of the turtleoids episode included in the box set? It is apart of season four and yet its not in the season four release. I looked on some sites and it says that Planet of the turteoids is supposed to be part of season four. I'm seriously bummed out about this because that means that we have been given an incomplete season set. And the turtleoids episdess where onne of my favorite story arcs in season four and its not there!

I hope this means that we will be getting it in season five, and they are not going to skip oiver it all together. But really saddens me is the fact that the episodes are going to be even more out of order than they already are.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 12:19 AM   #223
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
i have a question. Why wasn't the two part Planet of the turtleoids episode included in the box set? It is apart of season four and yet its not in the season four release. I looked on some sites and it says that Planet of the turteoids is supposed to be part of season four. I'm seriously bummed out about this because that means that we have been given an incomplete season set. And the turtleoids episdess where onne of my favorite story arcs in season four and its not there!.
Turtloids was set during the FIFTH season. Look at the official site.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 01:27 AM   #224
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
damn, you are right. That is what I get for useing TV.com's episode list. And the editor states that it is production order . Jeez, tv.com is so unreliable now. That place has gone to hell since you left
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 08:02 PM   #225
themaxonline
Hench Mutant
 
themaxonline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 278
I'm sad that there's no complete list of episodes anywhere on the package.

I think there's a thread about Shredder's Mom but I'll mention it in here but does anyone else get the feeling that that episode would fit in more in Season 5 or 6 than it does at the beginning of season 4? Everything from the drawings to the music to the storyline seems like it's from another time.
themaxonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 08:09 PM   #226
Vegita-San
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by themaxonline View Post
I'm sad that there's no complete list of episodes anywhere on the package.

I think there's a thread about Shredder's Mom but I'll mention it in here but does anyone else get the feeling that that episode would fit in more in Season 5 or 6 than it does at the beginning of season 4? Everything from the drawings to the music to the storyline seems like it's from another time.
Because they probably animated it at the same time as the ice seasons. Notice the style in animation. Some, like Shredders Mother, or Name that Toon look exactly detailed in style like Pirate Radio. Others, like Turtles of the Jungle, look more in tune with Raphael Versus the Volcano. You'll notice animation similarities with the European episodes and 1992 season, since they might be on the same set.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:45 PM   #227
Krangstein
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Iceland, Europe
Posts: 494
Let's discuss the episodes now. What episodes do you think are good and what episodes are bad. I enjoy most of the episodes but there are a few I really love, and also a few really bad episodes too. Let's talk about that. First of all episodes I love:

Plan 6
Shredder's Mom
Four turtles and a baby
Planet of the turtles
Superhero for a day
Son of return of the fly
Bebop and Rocksteady conquir the universe
Slash the evil Turtle
The big Zipp attack
Foot Soldiers are revolting

episodes I don't like:

Turtles of the jungle
Michaelangelo toys around
Rondo in New York
Name that Toon
Manese maestro please
Rebel without a fin
Leonardo VS Tampestra

What do you think?
Krangstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 04:00 PM   #228
MrPliggins
Foot Elite
 
MrPliggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,050
Michelangelo Toys around is probably my least favorite episode ever. My favorite on the set is probably Son of Return of the Fly.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:19 PM   #229
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,213
Are there any considerable fight scenes in this season, or did had they totally removed the action element after season 3?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:05 PM   #230
BradsOneManBand
Random Punk
 
BradsOneManBand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 18
dammit... i still need to buy this. and after seeing the new movie tonight, its driving me nuts that i dont have this set yet!!!
BradsOneManBand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 11:15 AM   #231
Krangstein
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Iceland, Europe
Posts: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Are there any considerable fight scenes in this season, or did had they totally removed the action element after season 3?
There are some fighting scenes...
Krangstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 11:49 AM   #232
kerfootw
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 405
Just saw the DVD bonus features with Pat Fraley on tv.com and the one with James Avery on youtube. I liked 'em, they're really good guys who should've gotten more roles and/or respect than they have. I may buy the set someday although I'm still disappointed with Volume 2 and some of Volume 3. I have Volume 4 but I stopped after that but the buzz about this DVD set seems really good that I may end up buying it (no telling what I'd do if I'm not satisfied though ).
kerfootw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 01:05 PM   #233
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,213
You shouldn't have let Vol. 4 turn you off, Vol. 5 is pretty awesome, and 6 is far better than 4.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 03:55 PM   #234
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
Some of Season 4's early eps were really bad.

The good thing is it gets better after the initial lull and there are good eps following.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:50 PM   #235
Krangstein
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Iceland, Europe
Posts: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Some of Season 4's early eps were really bad.

The good thing is it gets better after the initial lull and there are good eps following.
So what are the best and worst episodes?
Krangstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 02:18 PM   #236
Starkiller
Random Punk
 
Starkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Scotland
Posts: 35
I assume we're talking about best/worst episodes overall and not just in the Season 4 boxset? If not sorry! My least favourite episode in the series is The Turtle Terminator (vol. 6). The animaton style, the story, Raph's stand-in VA - everything about that episode drives me crazy. It doesn't have the usual feel of the series and just looks... well, cheap. Was there a specific reason for this, because I'm guessing I've missed something here
__________________


Oh...so it's like Halley's comit, only monsters come out?

Uhm, yes I guess so...

Hehehe, I'm smart.
Starkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:56 PM   #237
Krangstein
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Iceland, Europe
Posts: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkiller View Post
I assume we're talking about best/worst episodes overall and not just in the Season 4 boxset? If not sorry! My least favourite episode in the series is The Turtle Terminator (vol. 6). The animaton style, the story, Raph's stand-in VA - everything about that episode drives me crazy. It doesn't have the usual feel of the series and just looks... well, cheap. Was there a specific reason for this, because I'm guessing I've missed something here
I just meant season 4
Krangstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:08 PM   #238
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
Of Season 4, "Michaelangelo Toys around" was a pretty bad episode. Lackluster animation and a dull plot.

I liked most of the other episodes. "Gadgetman" was also pretty dull, maybe because watching retired superheroes isn't that interesting.

One thing I noticed about Season 4 is about 90% of the non-Shredder episodes have a mad scientist in them. I think its cool to see all the different designs they used for these mad scientists, particularly when they re-used Baxter's human design for Barney Stockman.

I can see why they had to create new villains for this show. Essentially Shredder/Krang, Baxter, Leatherhead and Ratking was all they had aside from the mad scientists and the mobsters.

Too bad Slash is only in one more episode in the series, shame Mona Lisa never returns, and I'm pretty sure Ray doesn't return either. I'm also wondering, was Metalhead ever in another episode? I don't remember.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:56 PM   #239
deafcat
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 19
I finally ordered my copy. From Amazon.com, going to cost me about $45.00CDN total with the exchange rate added on.

They haven't shipped it yet, though. Amazon.ca shipped something out earlier that I had ordered an hour later than the boxset.

My mom thinks I'm crazy for ordering from a US site, but as I told her, after three weeks of looking and not finding any Canadian site having it, amazon.com was my last resort.

To bad Lions Gate can't get their brains together and realize that Canadians want the boxsets just as badly as Americans do. I have all 6 individual dvd's that I got from Amazon.ca.
deafcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:31 PM   #240
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,185
I finally started watching the set with the first 3 episodes..the animation seems worse but i'm happy to see non-shredder plots. This season seems to be a lot wackier than the past ones but its still in the same "attitude" so it still fits.

The giant donatello episode is a perfect example, it was so ammusing though and shows the epitome of the show and how its about fun. And I actually liked the Mikey Toy episode, mostly because the plot felt like a "new" take on Baxter and his mousers.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dvd releases


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.