The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2007, 06:45 PM   #21
ajistheman
Foot Soldier
 
ajistheman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 121
a TMNT movie-isque show would be cool imo. I'd love it if it were cgi OR cartoon. when fast forward was announced i wasn't worried about it all. In theory I think it is a good idea. But I would have loved it more if the characters didn't act out of character so much. That was my favorite part...how well developed the characters were...my 2nd favorite part was how violent it was, and well FF...kinda reduced that too
but i'm sure no matter what happens, I'll watch the show!
ajistheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:37 PM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
Yeah, but wouldn't a show based around the movie be a totally new continuity?

Essentially that would mean the 2k3 series IS cancelled, and they're just starting some new TMNT cartoon. :/

Fast Forward was basically an extension of 2k3 but it was still technically the same show and was in continuity, but does that mean that everything the show accomplished over its 6 year run is now done?

Why not just continue the 2k3 series in the present? The 2k3 series and the movie basically had almost the same feel anyway.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:46 PM   #23
Courk
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 321
Would it really be all that difficult to fit the new movie's information into a timeline for the 2k3 toon? I've only seen a smattering of new toon episodes, so I really have no idea. I realize that it probably wouldn't be a perfect fit, but would it stick out like a sore thumb?
Courk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:50 PM   #24
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul
 
Cascadia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,731
Ok....yeah this is both good and bad news at the same time, depending on how one would take it. The part that appears to be the bad news is the uncertainty on what is going to happen with TMNT. It can be moved to another TV station, which is fine. It is hard to know what caused the series to go down in quality. I do not remember when but several months ago, 4kids indicated that they were losing money from either one or some of their current running shows.
__________________

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:54 PM   #25
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Courk View Post
Would it really be all that difficult to fit the new movie's information into a timeline for the 2k3 toon? I've only seen a smattering of new toon episodes, so I really have no idea. I realize that it probably wouldn't be a perfect fit, but would it stick out like a sore thumb?
Well, the new movie has some differences but it isn't all that different than the 2k3 series. The major difference is the Turtles meet Karai for the first time in the movie, but in the series they've known her since Season 2. That would definitely be a major continuity error if they tried to make the movie universe one and the same with the 2k3 series.

Now, if this news means that the 2k3 series is continuing with the Turtles returning to the present but with the movie feel to it...then that would be awesome. That way they could keep the continuity of Seasons 1-6 yet make it have the movie feel at the same time.

I don't think I'l be all that glad to see the 2k3 series gone forever just for a third TMNT cartoon though. :/
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:02 PM   #26
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
I am most curious about if 4Kids will be involved or not anymore, because honestly I would be very sad to lose the current voice cast to the cartoon. Don't get my wrong the movie voice actors are fantastic, but I love the crew that works for 4Kids. I know it would make a few of the guys that do the Turtles very sad if they lose the show.
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:04 PM   #27
tortugapower
Foot Soldier
 
tortugapower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 129
All the same parties will be involved - 4Kids, Playmates, Mirage etc.

I am also sure they will try to fit it in with is already established in the 2k3 series since it is all the same people involved.

Last edited by tortugapower; 05-10-2007 at 08:10 PM.
tortugapower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:08 PM   #28
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
I'm pretty sure Playmates wanted the change then. The movie toys sold MUCH better than the Fast Forward toys, and they must have noticed all the extra money they were making.

Combine Playmates movie toy sales and of course Peter Laird who most likely wanted FF to only be 1 season, and I guess they forced 4kids to make the change?

As long as the 2k3 series continues in some form, then I'm ok with whatever changes they make. I just don't want them to throw the past 6 years out the window and pretend it never happened.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:10 PM   #29
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
I would expect 4Kids to still be involved (changing the format to be more movie-based does not mean WB is taking over; WB distributed the movie, they do not own the movie concept). I also believe 4Kids has deeper involvement in the franchise than simply making the cartoon, so it wouldn't make sense for them to pass off a new cartoon to a new company. TMNT may not be making as much money for them now as it used to in the first years of the new cartoon, but they really don't have much else going for them right now.

And with 4Kids at the helm, I would expect the same voice actors to be around. Especially because of how the whole union situation works in the voice acting world.. 4Kids wouldn't necessarily be able to hire the movie voices if they wanted to.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:59 PM   #30
X
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 767
*in Hulk Hogan voice* What's that smell..........? Doooooooooooookie.

Anyhow, I will take this info with a grain of salt, as I'm sure the news coming this sudden, would have been broken by news on Stan's website about the lack of a Space Usagi appearence, or from whoever is with the staff that posts here. In anycase it's not in the nature, I would assume, for staff members of any show to tell a fan of the show before letting the whole fandom know at the same time.

Oh and I never thought the current TMNT show lost any quality, so much as people fear change. I honestly grew to like TMNT:FF, and the only reason I disliked it, is because others did, so it clouded my judgement. That was my bad.

Well wait, the only thing that did lose quality, but was still tolerable, was the animation style. I can live with FF animation, but like 2k3 episode animation better.

-X-
__________________
"Wisemen say, forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for a late pizza."
X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 10:09 PM   #31
GK Punk
I'm your Devil
 
GK Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 12,439
imo, they should rework 2k3 in to a more new movie style continuity. Or at least try to.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 10:25 PM   #32
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi heavenly6 View Post
imo, they should rework 2k3 in to a more new movie style continuity. Or at least try to.
Are you saying the show should be based on the movie?

I really don't see why we can't have 2k3 in the present instead. Isn't this what you guys all wanted? Everyone hoped that once Fast Forward ended that the Turtles would return to the present and things would carry on as usual.

Why not just use the same continuity that has a 6 season history? There are still plenty of comics to adapt into episodes if the writers are ever at a loss for new material, so there's countless stuff they could do in future seasons. I'd still like to see some of Tales V. 2 adapted into episodes as well as a few more Volume 1 issues.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:14 PM   #33
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
Maybe they can make a Beast Wars-esque CGI TMNT show with the VAs from the new movie and show that instead.

Also, I want a pony.
__________________


Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:17 PM   #34
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Yeah, that may prove cost-prohibitive considering Sarah Michelle and Chris Evans. If they did do a CG TMNT based on the movie, who'd be Splinter since Mako died? Could we expect a sequel if they made a CG series?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:30 PM   #35
Risawn
Thug
 
Risawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Washington State
Posts: 79
I hope they are able to continue the series, we can keep our fingers crossed, right?

I admit I don't watch the show on Television (generally I wait for the DVD to come out) but if it means a future for the series back in the present, I'll gladly tune in.

This brings an interesting speculation of what they can do with the series if they bring it back into the present. I'm starting a thread on that subject in the forum.
__________________

Boredom is a terrible thing to waste
Risawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:31 PM   #36
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
This is a complete guess, but I wouldn't expect CGI at all. Yeah, you can do that craptastic Bratz or Viva Pinata stuff, but after seeing the movie, would you really want that? It should be kept traditional 2D.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:31 PM   #37
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Yeah, that may prove cost-prohibitive considering Sarah Michelle and Chris Evans. If they did do a CG TMNT based on the movie, who'd be Splinter since Mako died? Could we expect a sequel if they made a CG series?
I just meant the cheap VAs ... the Turtle VAs.
__________________


Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:39 PM   #38
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,408
It won't be CGI or anything, it'll likely follow the style of the film but maintain the continuity of the series, we'll likely see the begginings of April putting together her buisness (seen in the film), Casey being her lackey/night vigilante, Karai may start wearing her film outfit etc...

Who knows? Maybe Max Winters will even become a regular
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 12:01 AM   #39
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
For me, that would be the best possible news!!
not me I've allready grown tired of the movie and I pray if there is any kind of god in heaven the new show will not be cgi that craps on its way out the door tv wise anyways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I'm pretty sure Playmates wanted the change then. The movie toys sold MUCH better than the Fast Forward toys, and they must have noticed all the extra money they were making.
That's actully not true I watch Playmates toy sales very closely and the Fast Forward Toys sold better than the 2k3 toys for the most part I also don't have the stats for the sales of the movie figures yet but they aren't flying off the shelves in my opinion.
The movie hype sold the movie toys, movie came out, some more sold, movies over no one really gives a damn in my opinion I most certainly don't and more than likely wont again untill the dvd comes out or even a new movie.
This movie was fun and all but it really wasn't all that great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Why not just use the same continuity that has a 6 season history? There are still plenty of comics to adapt into episodes if the writers are ever at a loss for new material, so there's countless stuff they could do in future seasons. I'd still like to see some of Tales V. 2 adapted into episodes as well as a few more Volume 1 issues.
You know I used to think adapting the comic book issues was something that was amazing at first but I think it's something that helped aid this show in poor ratings come to think of it.
The thing that made the old show last so long was the fact that everything was always new and wasn't taken from something else I believe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
It won't be CGI or anything, it'll likely follow the style of the film but maintain the continuity of the series, we'll likely see the begginings of April putting together her buisness (seen in the film), Casey being her lackey/night vigilante, Karai may start wearing her film outfit etc...
Who knows? Maybe Max Winters will even become a regular
I really pray it wont be cgi god tv cg is just so bad...*hides in a corner in fear*
oi I don't know man the thoughts annoy me when everythings already been established in the show.
And Max Winters died in the movie I really wouldn't enjoy watching an entire show of Flash Backs.

Last edited by VaughnMichael; 05-11-2007 at 12:13 AM.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 12:03 AM   #40
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
not me I've allready grown tired of the movie and I pray if there is any kind of god in heaven the new show will not be cgi that craps on its way out the door tv wise anyways.
Nono, I don't want CGI at all. But I LOVE the atmosphere of the new movie and would welcome new stories in that environment.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.