The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2007, 10:55 PM   #21
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,373
Leo is a cross-dressing invisible leader who nobody listens to?
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 11:19 PM   #22
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
how about TMNT boys compared to the best friend foursome from That 70's Show ? What are the personality similarities with Feze, (is that hows its spelled?) Eric Forman, Michael Kelso, and Steven Hyde with Don, Raph, Leo and Mikey?
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 11:25 PM   #23
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
how about TMNT boys compared to the best friend foursome from That 70's Show ? What are the personality similarities with Feze, (is that hows its spelled?) Eric Forman, Michael Kelso, and Steven Hyde with Don, Raph, Leo and Mikey?
A friend of mine recently (and successfully) compared the four Turtles to the four girls in Bubblegum Crisis. They're seriously not unique personality types.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:00 PM   #24
MoreCowbell5263
Hench Mutant
 
MoreCowbell5263's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
how about TMNT boys compared to the best friend foursome from That 70's Show ? What are the personality similarities with Feze, (is that hows its spelled?) Eric Forman, Michael Kelso, and Steven Hyde with Don, Raph, Leo and Mikey?
It isn't a perfect match, but I think Foreman would be Leo, Kelso would be Mike, Hyde would be Raph, and Fez as Don. Fez isn't the smartest, but seems to have many other Don-esque traits. Hyde's the badass, very Raph. Kelso is the funny, not-as-smart one, even though Mike has proven not to be dumb in other mediums. Eric is clearly the glue that holds them together, they meet in his garage and count on him a lot, making him the leader, i.e. Leo.
__________________
Hope these guys aren't lumberjacks!
No joke...the only thing safe in the woods...would be the trees!
MoreCowbell5263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 04:59 PM   #25
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator
 
Jo Dawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Authority On All Things Don
Posts: 5,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
The four personality types of the TMNT aren't particularly unique; you can actually find the same basic four personalities in many foursomes.
Or in any given person, really. That's why I think they're so appealing, personally. Everyone can relate to them because, aside from being turtles, they ARE everybody.
__________________
Jo Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 07:27 PM   #26
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
TMNT as Bubblegum Crisis- at least the 2040 version, since that's the one I have watched.

Donatello would definitely be Nene Romanova

But the other 3, it is not so clear cut

Priss Asagiri - Raphael?
Sylia Stingray- Leonardo?
Linna Yamazaki- Michelangelo?
__________________


Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:00 PM   #27
MoreCowbell5263
Hench Mutant
 
MoreCowbell5263's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 300
X-Men...
Cyclops = Leo
Beast = Don
Wolverine = Raph
Gambit = Mike

I know the Ninja Turtles have basic personalities and there are other teams like them, but the X-Men and Fantastic 4 are the only ones I can come up with really.
__________________
Hope these guys aren't lumberjacks!
No joke...the only thing safe in the woods...would be the trees!
MoreCowbell5263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:18 PM   #28
Revan
Han Shot First
 
Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreCowbell5263 View Post
X-Men...
Cyclops = Leo
Beast = Don
Wolverine = Raph
Gambit = Mike

I know the Ninja Turtles have basic personalities and there are other teams like them, but the X-Men and Fantastic 4 are the only ones I can come up with really.
__________________
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:43 AM   #29
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
TMNT and Voltron:

Leo- Keith
Donnie- Pidge
Mikey- Hunk
Raph- Lance (best match of the bunch)

Voltron is a fivesome...but Lance is A LOT like Raphael!

No matter how hard I try, I cannot quite match them to the Planeteers. The only one that comes even close to being a good match is Mikey for Wheeler.
__________________


Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:37 AM   #30
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
TMNT and the Golden Girls!!!

or...

Sex in the City
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:54 PM   #31
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
I actually think the Turtles are, as a foursome, pretty hard to apply to other foursomes. I suppose each group has a smart one, a sensible one, a funny one and a rebel, but the Turtles are so complex I have difficulty finding any of them to be very similar with other characters.

I think it's a good question, though. Obviously they work pretty well as X-Men. I haven't seen enough Golden Girls or Sex and the City to compare. As for That 70s Show ... I like the comparison but it's still kind of hard. Because no one is really Fez or Kelso (okay, maybe Mikey is a little Kelso). Leo works okay as Foreman though, and Raph works as Hyde.

Let's try, um ... Beast Wars!
Leo - Optimus Primal (OT Leo would be Silverbolt, so Splinter can be Optimus)
Don - Rhinox
Raph - Rattrap
Mike - Well, Cheetor I guess. Or he can be Rattrap; Raph can be Dinobot.

What other possible comparisons are there? I am drawing a blank on any actual comparable foursomes, so I'll just select random characters.

Um, Buffy!
Splinter - Giles
Leo - Buffy
Don - Willow
Raph - Spike
Mike - Xander

And Watership Down!
Leo - Hazel
Don - Blackberry
Raph - Bigwig
Mike - Bluebell
Splinter - Holly? or Fiver???
__________________


Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:16 AM   #32
KairiYojimbo
Thug
 
KairiYojimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: In my bedroom <3
Posts: 75
Quote:
Sex in the City
*giggles*

I haven't seen enough of Sex in the City to compare the turtles with them,
but the thought makes me giggle a bit.
__________________
KairiYojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 11:20 AM   #33
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
the ninja turtles with the Real Ghostbusters cartoon

Peter

Egon

Ray

Winston

or (because I love the Ghostbuster so much) the characters from Extreme Ghostbusters

Roland

Garett

Kyle

Edwardo
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 01:02 PM   #34
MoreCowbell5263
Hench Mutant
 
MoreCowbell5263's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 300
TMNT as Justice League...
Leo = Superman
Don = Martian Manhunter
Raph = Batman
Mike = Flash

TMNT as Seinfeld...
Leo = Jerry
Don = Elaine
Raph = George
Mike = Kramer

TMNT as Simpsons...
Leo = Marge
Don = Lisa
Raph = Homer
Mike = Bart
__________________
Hope these guys aren't lumberjacks!
No joke...the only thing safe in the woods...would be the trees!
MoreCowbell5263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 02:06 PM   #35
Spawn Guy
Mad Scientist
 
Spawn Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth 616
Posts: 1,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreCowbell5263 View Post
TMNT as Justice League(I'm assuming the animated series)
Leo =Batman/John Stuart
Don =Batman
Raph = Hawkgirl
Mike = Flash
Fixed. And, since that's clearly not enough, here are some nice juicy words to finish this sentence.
__________________


THE TECHNODROME'S LITTLE YELLOW BOX LOVER

madpiratebunny (19:26:51): oh goodness, I've got an idea
SpawnGuyThing (19:26:57): Do tell
madpiratebunny (19:27:02): nononono
madpiratebunny (19:27:05): no telling
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:10): ...
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:27): But I'm the imaginery friend you always wanted
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:36): Your supposed to tell me everything
Spawn Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 02:03 PM   #36
MoreCowbell5263
Hench Mutant
 
MoreCowbell5263's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 300
I don't know much about DC superheroes, who's John Stuart? Is he some other version of Batman? Don being Batman? Hmm, well, I'll take your word on that, but Batman seems more of a badass to relate to Don, although he is the world's greatest detective, so I see how that can relate to Don.
__________________
Hope these guys aren't lumberjacks!
No joke...the only thing safe in the woods...would be the trees!
MoreCowbell5263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:06 AM   #37
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
since no one bothered to answer mine, I'll do it:

Real Ghostbusters, I really see more similarites to the OT TMNT personalites and the classic GB foursome. This is what i think:

Peter: Raphael

Egon: Leonardo

Ray: Donatello

Winstin: Michaelangelo

_______________________

in the Extreme Ghostbuster cartoon I see mostly NT personalty similarites

Roland: Leonardo

Garret: Raphael

Edwardo: Michaelangelo

Kyle: Loosely like Donatelloonly because she is very smart and studious.

How about TMNT and Futurama?

Fry

Leela

Professor

Bender

all the other characters like Amy Hermes and Zoidberg are nothing but character fodder
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:41 AM   #38
MoreCowbell5263
Hench Mutant
 
MoreCowbell5263's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 300
Given those four Futurama characters, I gotta say:
Fry - Mike
Leela - Leo
Bender - Raph
Professor Farnsworth/Doctor Zoidberg - Don

Makes sense seeing is how Mike and Raph are close and Fry and Bender are the same.
__________________
Hope these guys aren't lumberjacks!
No joke...the only thing safe in the woods...would be the trees!
MoreCowbell5263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:56 AM   #39
Spawn Guy
Mad Scientist
 
Spawn Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth 616
Posts: 1,481
John Stuart is the token black Green Lantern. He and Batman are the team tacticians, and how does that not fit Leo? Batman is, as you said, the world's greatest detective. He's also the smartest member in the JLA, so yeah: Don ha more in common with him than J'onn.
__________________


THE TECHNODROME'S LITTLE YELLOW BOX LOVER

madpiratebunny (19:26:51): oh goodness, I've got an idea
SpawnGuyThing (19:26:57): Do tell
madpiratebunny (19:27:02): nononono
madpiratebunny (19:27:05): no telling
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:10): ...
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:27): But I'm the imaginery friend you always wanted
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:36): Your supposed to tell me everything
Spawn Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:20 AM   #40
Sewer Bull
Devil's Advocate
 
Sewer Bull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,768
Powerpuff Girls, duh!

Blossom - Leo
Buttercup - Raph
Bubbles - Mikey
Prof. Utoniun - a blend of Don/Splinter
Mojo Jojo - The Shredder
Mayor - Casey Jones (by means of the overall goofiness)
Ms. Sara Bellum - April (by means of the red-headed hotness)

Smart, non?

It just proves that cartoons/comics/movies/TV shows use exactly the same scheme and the set of character personalities over and over again.
__________________

Soooo... THIS is how you spend your free time now?!
Sewer Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.