The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Least favorite TMNT universe?
Mirage Comics 4 8.51%
1987 cartoon 12 25.53%
Archie TMNT Adventures 16 34.04%
Movies 11 23.40%
2k3 cartoon 4 8.51%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2007, 05:53 PM   #21
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
I've gotta laugh at the people who are saying something is the worst because they've never seen it or read much of it.
I'd hold my judgements untill you've seen everything something has to offer before judging it.
I hate the Next mutation as much as most fans but not everything in it was bad.
There's good and bad things in each tmnt world.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:32 PM   #22
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,376
I hate a poll like this, because it puts me in a position where I have to say I like the original cartoon least... even though, in fact, I enjoyed it very much as a kid and even once in a while pop in the DVDs to reminisce.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:09 PM   #23
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
That was hard.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:13 PM   #24
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtooth View Post
[*]1987 toon based Children's books. They never were any good. Either they were terrible transcripts of comics or the movie, or horrible kiddfied (even worse than the old toon) versions of themselves doing rediculously childish easy reader things.
Lmao, I never had any of those but I remember them. I almost got in a fight because of "Michelangelo's Haunted House". Some "special kid" in my gym class had one in 6th grade, I told him that I loved the ninja turtles when I was a kid. Being the red-neck that he was, he took this the wrong way and challenged me to a fight. I thought about it, but backed down for obvious reasons.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:26 AM   #25
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
Mikey's Haunted House? How did that go?

It's a Ghost!
See The Ghost!
AAAH! It's a Ghost!
Now I'm eating a pizza!
The End


Seriously. Even if they made the Turtles cuddly marketable child versions of themselves like every Hanna Barbera character in the 90's (after Muppet babies) they couldn't get anything more juvenile.

I mean, there are fans of the original comics that hated them being a breakfast cereal. I bet picking one of these up would make them slit their wrists or something.
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:40 AM   #26
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,294
Each has it's negatives...

OT: Had the cheese factor, and the European Vacation episodes.
Archie: Had some very lame issues in the beginning, and was very eco-preachy.
Mirage (especially vol 4) can be slow as molasses in winter.
Movies: (Though I actually really like it) TMNT 3 is the loser here.
2k3: Sometimes comes up short on character development and lets not forget >>.

But despite all the "bad" I still like them all, Mirage would be my least favorite because, and I'm sorry Putrescent, because it's the one I have the least exposer to (but what I read of Vol 1 I liked, and Vol 4 is good if not a bit slow moving.)
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:40 AM   #27
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
But despite all the "bad" I still like them all, Mirage would be my least favorite because, and I'm sorry Putrescent, because it's the one I have the least exposer to (but what I read of Vol 1 I liked, and Vol 4 is good if not a bit slow moving.)
Don't be sorry to me educate yourself by buying the comics
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:23 AM   #28
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,190
Ooo, I just thought of my least favorite universe. The 2k3 video game universe. It was so jumbled up, the first time you fight shredder, he says "we meet again" or something like that, and the turtles say they "ain't the same turtles you fought before". Then the retarded gembu lesson, and Slashuur, the bounty-hunter Utrom with convenient amneisa. And lets not forget the craptacular anime cutscenes.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 12:35 PM   #29
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
I hate the Universe of the First game for NES.... that is ONE frustraiting universe. Plus it seemed like they couldn't decide between making it based off the comics or the cartoon. Why did they have all 4 wearing red bandanas on the cover?
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 02:20 PM   #30
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,190
Yes, a universe where turtles can swim only in level 2, where plants shock you, where enemies regenerate, and where Krang dose not exist.... perfection.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 09:52 PM   #31
Wildcat
Foot Elite
 
Wildcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 3,505
Well Iv never really read the comics or the Archie Adventures....but from what Iv seen...."Fast Forward"....which Im surprised is not one of the choices.

Its an ok cartoon but its just boring and not exciting enough.
__________________
Nothing can survive the will to stay alive, cause if you try, you can do anything.

Last edited by Wildcat; 08-17-2007 at 10:27 PM.
Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 09:59 PM   #32
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Well Iv never really read the comics or the Archie Adventures....but from what Iv seen...."Fast Forward"....which Im surprise is not one of the choices.

Its an ok cartoon but its just boring and not exciting enough.
It is an option, it's the same universe as the 2k3 cartoon.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:26 PM   #33
Wildcat
Foot Elite
 
Wildcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 3,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
It is an option, it's the same universe as the 2k3 cartoon.
Oh....wow...I mean I know thier linked in terms of storyline and characters...but...besides that who would even say that the 2K3 cartoon is thier least favorite?.......I thought all of us here pretty much agreed that the 2k3 series(NOT FF) was great.
__________________
Nothing can survive the will to stay alive, cause if you try, you can do anything.
Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:44 PM   #34
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,376
Would probably rank them...

1) Mirage
2) Archie
3) 4Kids
4) Films
5) Fred Wolf cartoon

Though I don't know... out of 4 films, I really only find myself "loving" one of them... and that's not really a good ratio, is it? I want to put the Fred Wolf cartoon ahead of it in terms of sheer volume of material that I enjoy, but in a single movie (the original) the film universe managed to "get" the TMNT in a way the original cartoons never came close to.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 12:08 AM   #35
Revan
Han Shot First
 
Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Would probably rank them...

1) Mirage
2) Archie
3) 4Kids
4) Films
5) Fred Wolf cartoon

Though I don't know... out of 4 films, I really only find myself "loving" one of them... and that's not really a good ratio, is it? I want to put the Fred Wolf cartoon ahead of it in terms of sheer volume of material that I enjoy, but in a single movie (the original) the film universe managed to "get" the TMNT in a way the original cartoons never came close to.
I assume you ranked them in asending order. You had me a bit confused since the thread is about your LEAST favorite but it looks as if you ranked them best to worst.
__________________
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 12:17 AM   #36
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino View Post
I assume you ranked them in asending order. You had me a bit confused since the thread is about your LEAST favorite but it looks as if you ranked them best to worst.
Oh, my bad. Quite right.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 12:29 AM   #37
Revan
Han Shot First
 
Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
(the original) the film universe managed to "get" the TMNT in a way the original cartoons never came close to.
Yeah, movie one is def closest to the original (Mirage) turtles. Each turtle universe is almost an entire new franchise. The concepts and philosophies are so different between incarnations that each one is basically it's own universe.
__________________
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 12:59 AM   #38
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,360
Next Mutation, which honestly SHOULD be here.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 06:15 AM   #39
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
The first movie probably has the Shredder story closest to the original comic. However, remember that April is a reporter in it. And Shredder is recruiting kids to be Foot Ninjas in the USA. Otherwise, I like its fidelity.

Remember that Fast Forward is part of the 2k3 universe. So count it as a story arc rather than its own series. Personally, FF is fine with me- though I want the Turtles to return to regular time AND for Cody to stay in the future.

I did not put The Next Mutation because it is automatically assumed that TNM is everyone's least favorite universe. And didn't Peter Laird himself say it was his least favorite as well and thus he declared it apocryphal?
__________________


Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 08:26 AM   #40
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator
 
Jo Dawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Authority On All Things Don
Posts: 5,190
Well... everything should have been on there. We mustn't assume anything about anyone's tastes. And Pete doesn't like the old toon, either, and that's there.

So, my least favorites are (in no particular order) :

FF (which IS a seperate universe. Anything that crappy and different has to be.)

And the old toon.
__________________
Jo Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.