The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2007, 01:51 PM   #281
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
I'm sorry, I seem to remember liking the Ninja Turtles....Not superheroes with angular bodies in ninja turtle suits. And when I was younger, the turtles didn't have down syndrome....or whatever mental handicap they have:




Love,
Brodie
I think I misunderstood you, I thought by "since 2003" you meant from the year 2003 onwards, sorry.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 03:33 PM   #282
Brodie
Certified Teacher
 
Brodie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Bizarro Metropolis
Posts: 6,495
The movie was good. Eff all else.
__________________
Brodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:35 AM   #283
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledermaus View Post

Also, those are the cheap-ass action figures for 2k3, which hardly resembled their cartoon counterparts (they're actually modified from the OT toys). The only piece of official 3d merchandise that resembles the actual cartoon design is the Leonardo Hallmark Christmas ornament.
Style Guides, man, style guides. Don't get me started on them. They looked at least closer to the actual toon versions than the old ones with their counterparts. Plus, five bucks a piece in a world of overpriced Mattel stuff that looks even worse (Shonen Jump line, anyone) is the best deal on a toy you can ever find.
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:58 AM   #284
Masked Ninja
Doodles TMNT for fun
 
Masked Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: sploshin' through some sewer...
Posts: 2,137
I remember seeing those heads and just laughing. They all look like they're trying to pass a brick or something. 'Specially Don.

I liked the 2k3 style, but of course my perfect version of TMNT would be neither the squishy '80s turtles or the pumped up 2k3... probably closer to the movie as far as bodies go (lean and toned, with big feet and hands), but with different heads. At least push those eyes a little closer together.
Masked Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:05 PM   #285
Tinuvielsdreams
Nothing without passion
 
Tinuvielsdreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,722
I am glad to see this. It looks like they are trying to head back a bit to the 2K3 build but now they have soo many options. I think that must make it hard for the concept artists. They have the 2K3 style which clearly is incorporated in this design a bit, I mean look at the posing.
They scaled the arms and legs like the new movie but there are those sharp FF angles everywhere. They have so many different styles to look at and of course they are probably being pulled in certain directions by the powers that be.
I really don't think it's too bad, but I do think they can go no pupils. It looks way more bad a$$ with no pupils
Tinuvielsdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 03:54 AM   #286
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19
Stone Warrior
 
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Greece
Posts: 661
Hello! Iam new here!! TMNT is my favorite cartoon! I watched all the classic and new epissodes. Does anyone know what will happen in the 2008 season? Will we see a new shredder? Will the turtles continue fighting the foot? I would like to see Krang returning in the 2008 season because he was my favorite character in the old TMNT series. Does anyone know is the classic TMNT shredder the utrom shredder that we saw in the 2003 series?
And when the 2008 season will start?
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 04:57 AM   #287
Ra
It's my desire?
 
Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: In your pants.
Posts: 4,441
Greetings, Mr. Stockman. Glad to see you. In answer to your questons:

- We don't know what will happen yet. Unless I missed something, which I seriously doubt. We have new designs, but no word on plot or anything. Hopefully we get to hear some whispers in the next few months. The closest thing we have to Shredder is Karai, but that's it.

- Sorry to disappoint, but Krang won't be returning any time soon. Or anyone else from the old toon, anyways. There have been references and cameos (late season 1 and early season 2 pop into my mind instantly). Not too sure if we will have any more references, though. I think this season is just branching out into a tone of its own.

- The Classic OT Shredder and the Utrom Shredder are two VERY different beings. No chance for them to be related at all.

- And finally, no idea when the new season will start. I imagine we'll find out as soon as 4Kids think it's time to give a few details about the new season. They usually give a few tidbits as the premier of the season slowly looms closer. We just have to wait and see, I'm afraid.
__________________

"So. The whole lot of you against little old me? How retarded."
Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:13 AM   #288
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission
 
Spike Spiegel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: At my desk drawing something
Posts: 2,365
The angles kind of compiment the rest of the design....but I prefer the old school 2K3....maybe this season will be the "Red Sky" of this series.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:40 AM   #289
Stephen
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: England
Posts: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtooth View Post
Style Guides, man, style guides. Don't get me started on them. They looked at least closer to the actual toon versions than the old ones with their counterparts. Plus, five bucks a piece in a world of overpriced Mattel stuff that looks even worse (Shonen Jump line, anyone) is the best deal on a toy you can ever find.
Some of Mattel's stuff doesn't look that bad ......

Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:04 AM   #290
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,186

http://the-5th-turtle.blogspot.com/



Different indeed, I like the designs though. Casey looks a bit Bruce Timm-ish.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:20 AM   #291
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
Casey is fine. I do not like April's new design. WAY too different from the 2k3 one- which was still used in FF. PLEASE return to the 2k3 design.
__________________


Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:35 AM   #292
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Barbie O'Neil is not welcome here. *mild horror*
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 10:00 AM   #293
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19
Stone Warrior
 
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Greece
Posts: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Barbie O'Neil is not welcome here. *mild horror*


I agree... The 2K3 April was better and hotter than the 2008 april.
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 10:16 AM   #294
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
April looks like she stepped right outta the Winx Club. Just give her fairy wings and she'd fit right in. Still, they got rid of her bare midrift, so maybe now all the feminists can quit their bitchin' (pun intended).

Casy looks cool, though.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 10:21 AM   #295
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
I almost like the new Casey design more then the old one...hm...maybe I do. And I could see myself growing to like the April one more then the 2k3 one actually...I was never really impressed with how either of these characters were portrayed in 2k3, so I welcome changes. I wish they would switch their voice actors.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 10:22 AM   #296
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
Just as long as Casey isn't reduced to a bumbling comic relief character like he was in season 3. The guy's supposed to be a lovable oaf, but he isn't freakin retarded.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 10:35 AM   #297
Masked Ninja
Doodles TMNT for fun
 
Masked Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: sploshin' through some sewer...
Posts: 2,137
I'm glad April's hair is a more natural color, but I really appreciated that she had the build of a normal woman in 2k3, and here she's built more like a teenager (like every female character in every show now). She's OK, but yeah... definitely some things about 2k3 April I miss. Casey looks pretty cool, though... like if the movie Casey became a bodybuilder. I like 'em, but obviously I would have done April a little differently at least.
Masked Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:51 AM   #298
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,186
Second opinions on them:

I don't like them as much but they aren't bad.


Casey looks like a beefed up version of himself, which I don't like but it makes enough sense. he also looks older.

April looks nothing like her, and worse she looks younger. So it doesn't make much sense continuity wise.. The design could work in a different turtles universe but not this one.

Either doesn't even look like their movie designs.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:55 AM   #299
The Shelf
Mad Scientist
 
The Shelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,031
I think they both look great. The only thing I would change is make April's hair darker. It's far too orange. So, make April's hair red, and I'm a happy camper.
The Shelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:30 PM   #300
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
April looks too transparent. And yes, she looks too young- which does affect continuity.

She needs a larger chest, larger bones, a more mature face, possibly more curves elsewhere, and darker hair.

Casey does not seem all that different from previous incarnations to me.
__________________


Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.