The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2008, 09:08 AM   #21
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buslady View Post
The general idea of Leo's look here is alright, just round him out and I think he'd look great.
I could go either way about pupils, but I'm used to 2K3-only with out the bandana should you see their eyes completely. They obviously want to tie this in with the new movie look so...deal with it.
It was indeed supposed to mimick the movie, all the while being "Streamlined" so it would be more cost effective. Less angles to draw= less work= lee money needed to pay animators. I would like to see that body rounded a bit more, with the head of the 2K3. and no Pupils... though I actually don't mind the pupils. Though I think it pretty much defeats the purpose of making them blocky looking to save money if they have to animate pupils on them as well.
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:16 AM   #22
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by tOkKa View Post


-->> ..some more concept Leos..



..you are right .. ,KrangS.. looks like Ch'rell will be back .. >v<
Dude, did you draw those Leos? They are freakin' awesome. I really like the first one ... I love those weirdly proportioned Turtle limbs!
__________________


Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:37 AM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,776
Yeah, where is the Leo art from? That's fanart, right?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:03 AM   #24
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
Did you draw them? Or did you get them somewhere?

I am curious for two reasons:

- the belt and holster show a greater amount of detail than the streamlined animation would allow.
- the ankles and calves on the first one are disproportionately thick. Ditto for the wrists.


Otherwise they look great. I especially like the shading.
__________________


Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:52 AM   #25
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Noo Tokka doesn't draw like that, but where the heck did you get them at?
Had to be an artists blog or something.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:52 AM   #26
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,177
That was done by Adrian Barrios (character artist since day one), that's his little stamp on the left. I guess Tokka found his blog.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 12:00 PM   #27
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,776
But is that what the final designs for the Turtles are going to look like now, more or less?

I wish Murphy could tell us but he probably can't. :/
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 01:56 PM   #28
Krangstein
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Iceland, Europe
Posts: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen! View Post
He probably couldn't come back as Saki either, atleast not seen in public, since they believe Saki to be dead.
But I want Shredder, not an utrom in a spider-suit...
Krangstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 07:12 PM   #29
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
That was done by Adrian Barrios (character artist since day one), that's his little stamp on the left. I guess Tokka found his blog.
http://adrianbarrios.blogspot.com/
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:22 PM   #30
The Terror of Death
Stone Warrior
 
The Terror of Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 736
I like Adrians design the best. His Dark Turtle designs were also awesome.
The Terror of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:23 PM   #31
thebrownranger
Stone Warrior
 
thebrownranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krangstein View Post
But I want Shredder, not an utrom in a spider-suit...
Yeah Shredder is supposed to be the main villain of the TMNT universe. It'll be just too weird to see them fight an alien bug.*sigh*
__________________
https://www.instagram.com/allenjac0b/
WANTED:
A.C. Farley Leonardo Bust (bronze & unpainted)
Playmates TMNT statues- Donatello, Michelangelo
thebrownranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:22 AM   #32
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
um...ok, those new designs with the bulkier limbs are going to need some getting used to for me
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 05:12 AM   #33
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
I like that Leo concept art, although it says on his blog that those designs were not the final designs. The smaller less detailed one on Murphy's blog is.

I also don't care if we have Ch'rell in a spider suit instead of Shredder. Shredder was lame after his first few episodes, anyway.
__________________


Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 06:19 AM   #34
tOkKa
tOkKie-Pokie,puddin'n PIE
 
tOkKa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pajamas out of the water on the elephant was sweating a lemon.
Posts: 1,729
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Yeah, where is the Leo art from? That's fanart, right?
-->> ..NO .. official 4KIDS concept art by Adrian Barrios!!

..don't worry these were just concept illustrations not final renderings of the character..



>v<
__________________
666

!!terrible2z/GGM!!/T.G.R.I./ ..モンスターのカメを解読しなさい。
tOkKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 06:23 AM   #35
tOkKa
tOkKie-Pokie,puddin'n PIE
 
tOkKa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pajamas out of the water on the elephant was sweating a lemon.
Posts: 1,729
Exclamation :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
That was done by Adrian Barrios (character artist since day one), that's his little stamp on the left. I guess Tokka found his blog.
-->> ..it's my job..

i have to do this stuff for Mikey's TMNT NEWS BLOG..



..he pays me in peanuts..


..ok Peanut ..-


butter pizza ..still


..ah hell face it i'd be better off if he paid me in peanuts.. cuz that nut doesn't pay me ' NOTHIN ' !!






.. i hate him .. i hate him .. he makes me want to break plates !!


>v<
__________________
666

!!terrible2z/GGM!!/T.G.R.I./ ..モンスターのカメを解読しなさい。

Last edited by tOkKa; 02-11-2008 at 06:27 AM. Reason: 33
tOkKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 08:19 AM   #36
Krangstein
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Iceland, Europe
Posts: 494
so is Shredder supposed to be the main villain for season 7? How many episodes will we get? 13? 26?
Krangstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 08:54 AM   #37
jaymq
Hench Mutant
 
jaymq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krangstein View Post
so is Shredder supposed to be the main villain for season 7? How many episodes will we get? 13? 26?
Thirteen episodes. They haven't released much about the plot. Just that Splinter gets lost on the way back and they get Serling in place of him.
jaymq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:12 AM   #38
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
I think Shredder, while a good character, isn't necessary for the turtles. Brownranger, Shredder is NOT supposed to be the main villian of the TMNT verse.
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:00 AM   #39
Jon
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by odupianist View Post
Brownranger, Shredder is NOT supposed to be the main villian of the TMNT verse.

Yeah. Shredder may be the main villain folks think of in TMNT conversations, but he only has short amounts of time in each TMNT-universe.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:51 AM   #40
The Terror of Death
Stone Warrior
 
The Terror of Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 736
I assume Viral is one of if not the main villian since she is the one that causes Splinter to be scattered in cyberspace.
The Terror of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.