![]() |
|
|
#41 | |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
|
Quote:
Whatever you may say or think about the OT, the NT has NOT served as the ultimate bandaid that some people make it out to be. And the Archie series shouldn't ever, EVER be compared to the OT. I'd be more interested in knowing why that gets continually shunned.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#42 | |
|
Col. Stinkmeaner
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,220
|
Quote:
The one thing that chaps my ass when it comes to the OT is those damn cheap ass jokes at the end of almost every episode. For a show that I consider funny it's unbelievable how bad they are. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#43 | ||
|
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
|
Quote:
I know the other guys are constantly pushing for Archie stuff to be done but Peter always says no or turns it down. But what Ryan Brown said about a month ago on his blog has me thinking they're up to something and Peter has calmed down about it now and realizes that he's got many great universes with the TMNT, not just one. Quote:
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
#44 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
|
Wasn't that common for cartoons from that time, though? I think it was mostly a device because they didn't know how else to end the episodes.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#45 |
|
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
|
Yes, Thundercats and g.i. joe have it also I'm pretty sure where allot of characters are together at the end and it ends with them all laughing at something.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#46 |
|
I'm your Devil
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 12,439
|
Every Filmation cartoon did that to at the time.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#47 |
|
Wacky Action
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
|
It was a spin-off of the classic 'toon. That seems like the only reasonable reason would treat it like a red-headed step-child.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#48 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
|
Except that when it stopped doing episode adaptations it had NOTHING in common with the cartoon.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#49 |
|
Wacky Action
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
|
That's an exaggeration, and you know it.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#50 | |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: in front of the computer
Posts: 974
|
And that's why Peter Laird doesn't care for it?
__________________
Quote:
-------- ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#51 | |
|
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
|
Quote:
I wish the old toon could be half as good as some of the stories in the archie series. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#52 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
|
Leatherhead and the Rat King are in nearly every TMNT universe, yet I don't think you'll see people using that argument to say that the Mirage comics and the original toon are similar.
None of the characters in the Archie series, the Turtles themselves included, have the same personality as their cartoon counterparts. IMO that's the most important thing to consider when attempting to compare the two.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#53 | |||
|
Wacky Action
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
|
That's my guess. No other reason I can come up with makes half as much sense...
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.
![]() |
|||
|
|
|
|
|
#54 | |
|
Sewerhead
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#55 | |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
|
Quote:
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#56 |
|
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#57 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: williamsport, pa
Posts: 225
|
I hope it's good. I haven't been keeping up with the cartoon, or any cartoon really, for the last couple years. I just got caught up on Spectacular Spider-Man a few weeks ago, though and now I'm dying to get back into more cartoons… TMNT, of course being at the top of the list.
I like the look a lot and "Back to the Sewers" being the subtitle gives me hope…
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#58 |
|
Super Moderator
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
|
Hey, I remember you. Welcome back..!
This new season is definitely looking more and more interesting. My only wish was that the storyline wasn't so cyber-future related. AND Splinter's been demoted to little more than a pokemon-type figure - gotta collect 'em all! |
|
|
|
|
|
#59 | |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
|
And let's not forget Every Single Super Mario Super Show episode. They can easily be summed up as
Blah Blah Blah Pasta joke. Blah Blah Blah Mario is fat, therefore likes to eat. Mario Eating. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Fade out. Quote:
I always get on the same soap box about how they devolved the character in FF, but they did that with mostly eveyone anyway. I just want to see him the way I think about him, not as generic comic relief.
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here] |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#60 |
|
Sewerhead
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
|
I've only seen bits and pieces after the second season of the show (mostly the really important stuff), but I usually interpreted Mikey's "stupidity" as something he did kind of purposefully. Y'know, like telling a corny joke on purpose, only funnier. The only reason I might think this, though, is because I'll do the same thing a lot. The only big difference is that people usually know I'm joking so they laugh instead of hitting me.
So, I'm not really offended for Mikey because of the "stupid." |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|