The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2008, 03:00 PM   #141
Vincent
Hench Mutant
 
Vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
Yes then it would be TMNT Gangsta Land.
What does that even mean?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
Dreamwaste had what 5 issues most of them are copies of the cartoon, it's hardly the best TMNT comic series, quite frankly I think it's one of the worst.
You talk about the Turtles not being themselves how about the fact that the turtles are hardly even in the series at all.
Actually, seven issues, only four of which tied in with the first four episodes of the series, but told them out of different perspectives (which I personally found very interesting). And all seven issues were very well written, intelligent and, i felt, emotionally resonant (and issue five was funny as hell). Sure, all the turtles didn't get that much panel space (and I doubt Peter David can be faulted for that, as it probably wasn't his decision to have the first four issues tie in with the series), but they probably would have figured more, had the series continued, and the little they did have time to figure was quite enough to see that Peter David has an excellent grip on the characters and their respective voices (or, rather, what the characters sound like when given the depth they all too often lack).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
quite frankly I think it's one of the worst.
Sure. But I don't. And that's why I'm mentioning Peter David. Not because of what you think, but because (based on having read and enjoyed the afforementioned series as well as a couple other works of his) I personally really truly think the guy is good at writing and deserves a second chance.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHorFa22x3Q
Hey, if Vanilla Ice and Partners in Kryme can do it, so can I.

Last edited by Vincent; 06-17-2008 at 03:06 PM.
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:29 PM   #142
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
I'm sorry I buy my Ninja Turtle comics expecting them to be about the Ninja Turtles. I happen to enjoy it when the cover isn't misleading. Every cover featured the turtles doing something awesome like battling foot ninja and inside was some pointless story about a side character that has no relevance to the turtles what so ever.

If the only argument that it's good is based around the artwork then that's pretty poor. Retelling a story that'd been written for you isn't very hard so he didn't do anything there. DW were infamous for horrid storytelling. I had their DMC series as well which got a tad too sidetracked and tried adding a back story to Virgil which failed because they never had the fourth issue to tie it all together. The company tanked because they released to many GI Joe and Transformers comics which never sold and I still see them sitting around in comic stores. In fact whenever I look through back issue bins of the turtles all I ever see are the DW issues. I'm sick of seeing them.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 06:08 PM   #143
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,684
Yeah, the DW comics were kinda sucky... I did like the tv-based episodes though with different perspectives and I liked how they added old-toon references like all the pizza and April wanting to be a news reporter when she was younger and stuff.

But yeah, the original issues kinda went to hell. On their own they were ok, but they needed to be placed 'in-between' more turtle-related stuff. I mean you had stuff with the Foot, Hun, Triceratons and what-have-you on TV... but Raph saving some lile girl from a crazy psycologist in the comics based on the same show.... Maybe they should have gone ahead and did the 'T4' storyline... and then put the DJeerag issues afterwards as kind of a 'breath of fresh air' before the next big story.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:52 AM   #144
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
Quote:
Yeah allot of people say that about him in FF but I've been saying it all along, so I really don't see much of a differnce His voice actor really doesn't do anything to help matters either for me. *shruggs*
What do you mean his voice actor doesn't really do anything to help matters?
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:47 AM   #145
NameGoesHere1066
Stone Warrior
 
NameGoesHere1066's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: at home LOL
Posts: 957
he means it's shrill and and piercing which doesn't go well with the scrathy voice Mikey has. And up's on the annoying factor of his character.
__________________
]
NameGoesHere1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:25 PM   #146
Jelly Bean
Stone Warrior
 
Jelly Bean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: in front of the computer
Posts: 974
oh for the love of God people his voice is fine **shakes head**
__________________
Quote:
it's pretty stupid that any company that specializes in serving up hot meat - specifically "Hot C*ck Meat" (Chickens? "C*cks"? Get it?) - in between a set of warm buns would have an anti-gay agenda. The irony is palpable.
-Leo656

--------

Jelly Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:32 PM   #147
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Bean View Post
oh for the love of God people his voice is fine **shakes head**
Compared to? If like compared to a screaming bunny on fire then yeah it's fine sure.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 08:45 AM   #148
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx View Post
If the only argument that it's good is based around the artwork then that's pretty poor. Retelling a story that'd been written for you isn't very hard so he didn't do anything there. DW were infamous for horrid storytelling. I had their DMC series as well which got a tad too sidetracked and tried adding a back story to Virgil which failed because they never had the fourth issue to tie it all together. The company tanked because they released to many GI Joe and Transformers comics which never sold and I still see them sitting around in comic stores. In fact whenever I look through back issue bins of the turtles all I ever see are the DW issues. I'm sick of seeing them.
I wonder if Archie gave them first right of refusal and refused. Seems like Archie would have been a perfect fit. look how successful their Sonic X comics have become, allong side the regular Sonic comics they publish.
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:26 AM   #149
Jelly Bean
Stone Warrior
 
Jelly Bean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: in front of the computer
Posts: 974
I can under stand you not liking the character but geez now your insulting the actor's performance of the character. You don't think thats a bit uncool to do?
__________________
Quote:
it's pretty stupid that any company that specializes in serving up hot meat - specifically "Hot C*ck Meat" (Chickens? "C*cks"? Get it?) - in between a set of warm buns would have an anti-gay agenda. The irony is palpable.
-Leo656

--------

Jelly Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:11 AM   #150
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Bean View Post
I can under stand you not liking the character but geez now your insulting the actor's performance of the character. You don't think thats a bit uncool to do?
What the hell are you going to do about it over the internet other than like it?
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 04:06 PM   #151
Vincent
Hench Mutant
 
Vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Bean View Post
oh for the love of God people his voice is fine **shakes head**
I'm gonna have to agree. I liked Grayson's Mikey voice from the start. It's just the writing that's made the character progressively more and more immature and annoying, and the character's annoyingness has dragged the voice along with it. I don't like Mikey's voice anymore. But I don't blame Grayson for it. I blame the writers (or the people telling the writers what to do) for pushing Mikey (and Grayson) in that direction by not letting the character grow.
Michelangelo has been flanderized. I hope they do something about it in BttS by giving Mikey a decent character arc. Once the character gets less annoying, the voice will follow.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHorFa22x3Q
Hey, if Vanilla Ice and Partners in Kryme can do it, so can I.
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 05:18 PM   #152
CJStyles
Hench Mutant
 
CJStyles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 277
agreed. Mikey's character did get a little out there as the series developed.


As for "Back to The Sewers" I'm going to watch a few episodes and develop an opinion then. I gave the dreaded Fast Forward a chance. Why not give this one too. However, if it is indeed just Fast Forward, but back in the present then I'm not putting up with wasting my Saturday morning to get up and watch that
__________________
CJStyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 08:41 PM   #153
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
You know if you are expecting Back To The Sewer to be one big depress fast and darkity dark dark land, I really wouldn't get your hopes up all to much.
In fact maybe you should just give on the turtles all together, sell everything with a turtle on it and leave the fan base now.
Seriously do you guys realize just how you sound all the time?
If you where records the lot of you would have been broken a long time ago.
Move forward and stop looking back because the only thing that's going to happen is that you're going to aggravate yourself and others who really don't mind the wheels of progress and change spinning forward.

It's really funny though because anyone on here who has the generalized thoughts of the collective are ok to say what they don't like.
But far be it for me to say I don't really care for the voice the modern Michelangelo has, hell I never was a fan of the way his character in the old toon either.
But that one sure didn't sound like he's straining his voice just to talk.
Just because I don't care for the voice doesn't mean I have a problem with his voice actor I don't even know the man that would be as absurd as someone forming an opinion about a cartoon that takes place in the future after watching only 2 or 3 episodes.
All I'm saying is I find it funny how there's tuns of dead FF horses constantly being beaten and I mention one thing about a voice actor and it's *gasp* how dare you sir!
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:33 PM   #154
NameGoesHere1066
Stone Warrior
 
NameGoesHere1066's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: at home LOL
Posts: 957
wow...do little things on here have the tendacy to be blown out of porpotion regularly or is today a special day? This is the second thread I've posted in where what I said was taken completely out of context. For any ones 411 I wasn't insulting the actor personaly and my dislike of Mikey's character doesn't carry over to the actor just because he voices him. I just don't like quite how screechy the actor makes his voice sometimes when he is doing basic dialgue. He wasn't quite so shrill and shrieky in the first few seasons but now his voice is more piercing and shrill. Although I will concede that the way a character is written translate onto the screen, no matter how good the actor is. And Mikey has been a victim of this, I would have more respect for Mikey if he was written as a "character" rather than "caricature".

Quote:
hell I never was a fan of the way his character in the old toon either.
But that one sure didn't sound like he's straining his voice just to talk
I agree, Mike in the OT may have had the surfer dude persona but at least the sound of his voice is smoother and easier on the ears.
__________________
]
NameGoesHere1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:03 AM   #155
Jelly Bean
Stone Warrior
 
Jelly Bean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: in front of the computer
Posts: 974
Quote:
It's really funny though because anyone on here who has the generalized thoughts of the collective are ok to say what they don't like.
But far be it for me to say I don't really care for the voice the modern Michelangelo has, hell I never was a fan of the way his character in the old toon either.
But that one sure didn't sound like he's straining his voice just to talk.
Just because I don't care for the voice doesn't mean I have a problem with his voice actor I don't even know the man that would be as absurd as someone forming an opinion about a cartoon that takes place in the future after watching only 2 or 3 episodes
not every one watched two or three epsiodes and decided they didn't like it, I can't speak for others but I watched more than that and I didn't really care for it.
__________________
Quote:
it's pretty stupid that any company that specializes in serving up hot meat - specifically "Hot C*ck Meat" (Chickens? "C*cks"? Get it?) - in between a set of warm buns would have an anti-gay agenda. The irony is palpable.
-Leo656

--------

Jelly Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:52 AM   #156
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Bean View Post
not every one watched two or three epsiodes and decided they didn't like it, I can't speak for others but I watched more than that and I didn't really care for it.
Yeah but unlike them you don't keep posting over and over about it and beating a dead horse.
I mean seriously yeah ok we get it...
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 06:25 PM   #157
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Bean View Post
not every one watched two or three epsiodes and decided they didn't like it, I can't speak for others but I watched more than that and I didn't really care for it.
No but most people did and that's the issue. Honestly in my opinion if you didn't watch the entire season you don't deserve to have an opinion on it. It's like watching half a movie and turning off then telling people is sucks. Well you never watched the ending, it's possible the ending was good. It's possible the ending could change your entire opinion on the movie. Same thing with a TV series. Episodes could be bad but claiming an entire season of a TV series sucks because you saw a few episodes and didn't like them is shallow.

If that's how I was I wouldn't even watch 2K3 because I didn't enjoy any of the episodes leading up to "Shredder Strikes" the first time through the series. And season 2, I hated "Turtles In Space" and "Secret Origins". Lastly season 3 which had the terrible Space Invasion story arc right in the beginning.

And like most of you I hated FF at first as well however I gave it a chance and after awhile I started to like it. Once I accepted it I went back and watched the episodes I didn't like so much the first time and got into them as I did with Season 1 and 2. The only season I didn't have to do that for was 4 because the beginning wasn't terrible.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:17 PM   #158
Fugitoid Jones
Stone Warrior
 
Fugitoid Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: D'hoonib, VT
Posts: 886
Quote:
You know if you are expecting Back To The Sewer to be one big depress fast and darkity dark dark land, I really wouldn't get your hopes up all to much.
In fact maybe you should just give on the turtles all together, sell everything with a turtle on it and leave the fan base now.
Seriously do you guys realize just how you sound all the time?
If you where records the lot of you would have been broken a long time ago.
Move forward and stop looking back because the only thing that's going to happen is that you're going to aggravate yourself and others who really don't mind the wheels of progress and change spinning forward.
I love how whenever someone says they hope the next season is a little less like FF, Puttie assumes we want an R rated cartoon. Good grief, we just want it a little less silly, not depressing, which for some reason you think the 2k3 series was. I didn't see it that way, but eh, that's only MY opinion.

Quote:
It's really funny though because anyone on here who has the generalized thoughts of the collective are ok to say what they don't like.
But far be it for me to say I don't really care for the voice the modern Michelangelo has, hell I never was a fan of the way his character in the old toon either.

All I'm saying is I find it funny how there's tuns of dead FF horses constantly being beaten and I mention one thing about a voice actor and it's *gasp* how dare you sir!
Jelly Bean's post aside, whenever someone expresses their opinion after one of your posts, they are not attacking you, dude. chill.



I don't watch 4Kids or anything, so has anyone seen any promos for BTTS or is it still too early for that kinda stuff?
__________________

"You are right, I have always known about man. From the evidence, I believe his wisdom must walk hand and hand with his idiocy. His emotions must rule his brain. He must be a warlike creature who gives battle to everything around him, even himself."
-Dr. Zaius
Fugitoid Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:52 PM   #159
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugitoid Jones View Post
I love how whenever someone says they hope the next season is a little less like FF, Puttie assumes we want an R rated cartoon. Good grief, we just want it a little less silly, not depressing, which for some reason you think the 2k3 series was. I didn't see it that way, but eh, that's only MY opinion.
Jelly Bean's post aside, whenever someone expresses their opinion after one of your posts, they are not attacking you, dude. chill.
I don't watch 4Kids or anything, so has anyone seen any promos for BTTS or is it still too early for that kinda stuff?
First I'll thank you not to abbreviate my user name.
Second no not every time, but you know what? I was quiet for a very long time and this bull has seriously gotten old fast.
We all get it, just let the damn horse rest in peace already.
It's also very annoying because of the new fact that half the people who hated FF are now saying oh it's really not that bad but they bashed it the entire time it was on the air helping it to be changed and we are now missing out on some really bad ass brand new story ideas just as the show was getting into the swing of things.
Hey I'm just stating what the people want out of the show they want the entire thing to be just like the half-assed same as it never was.
I'm not saying I think it's dark or depressing that's what people would have rather seen than FF for an entire season.
They like the turtles to suffer and I for one thought it was a breath of fresh air that for once their lives weren't constantly attacked or on the run from the foot or bishop trying to cut them up for experiments even though I didn't mind those episodes one bit.
I'd like a nice balance in their lives in episodes and I don't mind what direction the show takes as long as it's not more anime wannabe stuff.
Maybe that's why I get so annoyed with allot of the broken record members.
I'm saying the show is never going to be that way if anyone does they seriously can just walk out right now or enjoy the series at it's good points and bad points.
I'm not saying people can't discuss things but that's not what they're doing, it's just bla bla bla this sucks that sucks hate hate hate.
And any time I do exactly as they do and say I don't like something I am asked to write a report for them as if it's friggin grade school, as to why I think the new 2k3 mikey voice is annoying.
I don't like every episode of FF myself btw but I also don't like allot of episodes from 2k3 and the lost season is seriously a wtf moment for me.
People here seriously need to learn that things aren't going to always be exactly as they like or want.
The sooner they learn this lesson life for other people who already know this won't be quite as agitating.
Btw no nothings been shown yet besides some images, wait you don't watch 4kids? Do you even watch the show then?

Last edited by VaughnMichael; 06-24-2008 at 12:03 AM.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 01:00 AM   #160
Fugitoid Jones
Stone Warrior
 
Fugitoid Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: D'hoonib, VT
Posts: 886
Sorry, Putrescent, didn't mean to insult you by abbreviating your name.

And I didn't mean for my post to sound like an attack on you, I just want everyone to be chill.

Quote:
Btw no nothings been shown yet besides some images, wait you don't watch 4kids? Do you even watch the show then?
I haven't been watching 4Kids since it's just reruns. The only show I watch on there is TMNT anyway. My work schedule doesn't allow me to be awake when the show airs, besides, I've got the dvds, so there's no reason to tape eps I already have.
__________________

"You are right, I have always known about man. From the evidence, I believe his wisdom must walk hand and hand with his idiocy. His emotions must rule his brain. He must be a warlike creature who gives battle to everything around him, even himself."
-Dr. Zaius
Fugitoid Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.