![]() |
|
|||||||
| View Poll Results: Which is your favorite universe? | |||
| Mirage (to Volume 4) |
|
4 | 7.55% |
| Mirage (to Image) |
|
2 | 3.77% |
| 1987 Cartoon |
|
11 | 20.75% |
| Archie |
|
9 | 16.98% |
| 2003 Cartoon |
|
19 | 35.85% |
| Movies |
|
4 | 7.55% |
| Next Mutation |
|
2 | 3.77% |
| Other |
|
2 | 3.77% |
| Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll | |||
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
#21 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
|
Sorry for the confusion, but Mirage Volume 1 would be included under the "Mirage - Volume 4" option and the "Mirage - Image" option. I should've been more clear, but I meant for those options to represent the different continuations, both of which branch off of Volume 1.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#22 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Canada
Posts: 1,349
|
I will always love the OT the most just because it was my first introduction the TMNT world, though Archie is a very close second though
|
|
|
|
|
|
#23 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,340
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#24 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,294
|
But is it your favorite?
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
#25 | |
|
Dierna Soul, Reporter
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
|
Quote:
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#26 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,294
|
I had the same Mirage introduction when I saw the original TMNT game for the NES when I was a teenager, wondering why all four Turtles wore red....*shrugs*
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
#27 |
|
Second City Shinobi
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 4,182
|
Yeah I remember wondering that too. I also remember reading this volume one comic( the one where Renet gives them a cube and they travel through time with it, they become pirates, then baby turtles and fight themselves from twenty minutes past) when I was like twelve and thinking this is awesome. I tried looking for more volume one comics but I never did until this years' Wizrd Wolrd...sorry about the tangent there. I really like the mirage series as well as the old toon. I never read any Archie but I would love to. My favorite would probably be the 2K3 toon because of the simple fact that it got me really interested in the turtles again after the next mutation went off air. Even though the next mutation was crap I still liked it for some odd reason, even if it felt more like power rangers at times.
__________________
Some things are better left unsaid. This isn't one of them |
|
|
|
|
|
#28 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: where am I?
Posts: 1,472
|
Quote:
__________________
![]() Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#29 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
|
Mistake
I always took it for a mistake until I learned about the Mirage comics in 2003/2004. Back then I just knew about the 1987 cartoon, the Archie comics, the UK "Hero Turtles" comics, the movies (always wandered why Bebop and Rocksteady weren't in the movies, and I was sure Krang didn't appear because it would't work for a live action film), the video games and the action figures. I dind't know who Karai was when the "Tournament Fighters" video game.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#30 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: at home LOL
Posts: 957
|
I love the orginal series, and unlike some I enjoy it for more than just nostalgia. The orginal toon still freaks my freak baby!
But I voted for the the 2k3 toon. this toon has balls and dared to cut away from the the known mold of humour and zaniness that was/is the orginal toon, and try to redefine the turtles in it's more serious and closer roots go all balls out. This show doesn't get the credit it deserves and how much people want to make it like the old toon, it is it's own version of the turtles.
__________________
]
|
|
|
|
|
|
#31 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 341
|
1. TMNT 2K3 New Toon: I voted for the new toon Turtles its got alot of what I liked about the Mirage mixed in with its own stuff. For me it just did for the most part everything right. Back when I was a kid when I saw the movie and the two comic series all I wished for was that the cartoon would be somewhat like those more instead of being so goofy. I feel like this series did my childhood fantasy justice.
2. Archie: This was a hard choice for me because its also my favorite universe. I loved how the series had such a rich supporting cast and rogues gallery. Some I must say mirage doesn't do to well with at least in my opiniion. The only thing that kept me from voting for it was that sometimes the stories got a bit confusing but when you introduce time travel that happens. That and some of the elements from the Mirage series weren't there 3. 1987 Old Toon: Its what got me into the fandom its fun to watch but I cant take it very seriously so that why I didn't vote for it. 4. Mirage: Its the original its what gave them life a couple of years ago it might have been my number one or two fav but its kinda gone downhill over the years. It felt like City at War was the last big story that was told in it and the rest was just filler oneshots and some ideas that were either good or crappy. The ideas that were good just never seemed to make tha tmuch of an impact. 5. Movies: I love the first movie one of my favorite versions of the Turtles. I loved the more gritty and realistc world of the turtles you knew it wasn't going to lay the scifi and fantasy stuff thick like the rest fo the versions. Then the second movie came out and while I enjoy it and love that movie it kinda ruined what the first movie was trying to do IMO. Then the third and fourth and those felt more like the cartoon version. Then it became like any other version of the turtles. 6. Image or Teenage Mutilation Ninja Turtles: This is where the list goes to stuff I like to stuff I hate. I wasn't a fan of putting the Turtles in the imag euniverse at times it felt like thaey were a savage Dragon spinoff book then they were there own title. That and the ripping the Turtles apart crap. I was fine with Raph losing an eye even Cyborg Don didn't bother me to much but then Leo losing a hand and manbat Splinter and I was starting to see a pattern. I wonder how many more body parts they would have lost if it continued. 7. Next Mutation: Worst version ever thats why its ranked dead last on my list.
__________________
![]() "Cold steel meets hot flesh! Thats why they call me Slash!" |
|
|
|
|
|
#32 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
|
I'm going with other since somehow Original Mirage wasn't on the list. Why does it rank so high? Cuz without it, there wouldn't be any TMNT Universes at all.
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here] |
|
|
|
|
|
#33 |
|
Col. Stinkmeaner
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,180
|
This is a rediculously hard choice for me, but I went with Archie because of it's great characterization and supporting cast.
Honorable Mentions Mirage - Such a unique comic, nothing quite like it. I don't have to embelish, ya'll know what up. OT - Wen't down as one of the greatest cartoons of its time, really let your imagination run wild as a kid. Movies - Great mix of Mirage and OT, wish they could have made a TV Series in the vain of the first flick. NT - An excellent modernization of the TMNT, long-running continuity is this shows strong point. Plus is had action/fight scenes that rivaled the likes of Samurai Jack and Justice League Unlimted. Other - The NES/SNES games (partiularly III and IV), such a ****ing blast, even to this day. |
|
|
|
|
|
#34 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,340
|
That's a tough one. I think as far as quantity goes Archie might have more "must read" issues, but that first arc from issues 1-11 of Mirage is classic. I think Archie April was more interesting than Mirage April. I've never really liked Ninjara all that much.
I'll say Mirage barely gets the win. |
|
|
|
|
|
#35 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Turkey
Posts: 443
|
Well, i can frankly say Mirage... for me.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#36 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: at home LOL
Posts: 957
|
ninjara is the single reason I don't like the Archie version of the turtles. I was really lovin and enjoying the series until she came into the picture, and after she just spoiled it for me and could keep reading the series. I felt like she screwed up the turtles dynamic a bit and I just coudn't accept her. I know that there are alot of fans of her out there but frankly I found her annoying.
**waits to get flamed**
__________________
]
|
|
|
|
|
|
#37 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: ALABAMA
Posts: 104
|
Other than Archie, I'd say Mirage and the 2003 Toon are neck and neck as my favorite turtleverse. I love how the 2003 toon made the turtles hardcore and serious like their Mirage roots ( I hated the fact that Shredder was an Utrom though, that was just dumb). The 2003 toon is just like Mirage, and gave the turtles credibility again as kick-ass crime fighters, but unfortunately, looking at some of the turtle's designs for Back To The Sewers, and those big " Bambi " eyes, I fear that their going back to their OT kiddie roots again.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#38 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: at home LOL
Posts: 957
|
what!? Bambi is one kick ass deer, don't be dissin' the prince of the forest!
The 2k3 series brought back the intensity of the turtles and gave off that whole "ninja" feel to them.
__________________
]
|
|
|
|
|
|
#39 | |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
|
Quote:
I really should've written it another way, but it's included under both the "Mirage - Volume 4" and "Mirage - Image" options. They should read "Mirage to Volume 4" (ie. Vol 1, Vol 2, Vol 4) and "Mirage to Image" (ie. Vol 1, Vol 2, Vol 3). Thank you. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#40 | |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: in front of the computer
Posts: 974
|
hands down the 4KIDS series!
__________________
Quote:
-------- ![]() |
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|