The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2008, 06:52 AM   #81
bmxbandit
Foot Soldier
 
bmxbandit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 205
really hope this comes out on the PS3 as well. then they could have a virtual sewer to hang out in while setting up games playing Home.
__________________
into cars or motorcycles? check out...
http://www.chaoscarclub.com
bmxbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 08:28 AM   #82
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Angel Land
Posts: 4,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by trustno1 View Post
i am half hoping that it will be based in the comics as the cast in that particular universe seems to best suit a fighting game especially if they do not want it tied to a movie or anything like that. you could have triceratons, radical, complete carnage, metalhead, shredder, karai, foot soldiers, foot elite, marlin, rat king, robobaxter, renet, savanti romero, gameraph, minidon in his robot body, utroms, and leatherhead. the list could go on for ages
Commas buddy. Commas.

I'd love to see some Triceratons and Metalhead.
Kid Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 06:16 PM   #83
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Doom View Post
Hopefully it won't be Wii exclusive. Being on other consoles would make it much more likely to not be terrible. And I am going into this under the assumption that it will be terrible, so prove me wrong Ubisoft, please.
Actually, making it a Wii exclusive will make it much less likely to be terrible. I really don't want "a PS2 game with bad waggle." I'd rather have a Wii game.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 03:04 PM   #84
StealthNinjaScyther
Foot Soldier
 
StealthNinjaScyther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 208
http://gonintendo.com/?p=66255

- Sept. 09 is the planned release date, but that may not happen
- ‘dark and edgy’ visuals
- ‘We were guaranteed that our ears wouldn’t have to suffer through endless loops of Turtles quips like ‘Slice and dice!’
- no specific generation of TMNT being referenced
- more details about fighting that we don’t know yet
- swing off ledges to do jump-kicks and more
- multiple control schemes (Wiimote, Wiimote and Nunchuk)
- motion controls, but not many
- taunts
- items
- change match settings
- story mode iss ‘not a sidescroller like Subspace Emissary’
- “4 player online is also planned, and the developers are working hard to deliver a smooth experience free of the issues that hindered Brawl. They also want to add something unique to the mix, so expect a new twist or two.”

I like how the game is sounding so far.
StealthNinjaScyther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 05:56 PM   #85
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!
 
ThirdMarioBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 8,905
Saw the pics. It's essentially Smash Bros from what I can tell, but with Turtles. Win. The lack of a "specific" TMNT license makes this appealing.
__________________
ThirdMarioBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 08:09 PM   #86
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,180
New details:

Peter Laird worked on the story but its not like the Sub story mode of SSBB.

Some other details:
* The CG TMNT movie has the most individual influence on the game, but the comics and cartoon influenced the game, as well.
* The Team Ninja folks had worked on all of the DOA games (except XBV1/2) and Ninja Gaiden series (not DS game).
* Started planning in October 2007 and actual work in January 2008.
* Nothing from previous games is really being added just because it was in the previous games. i.e. Not trying to recreate Tournament Fighters or TMNT IV.
* Game being designed for Wiimote+Nunchuk but multiple control schemes being considered. Wiimote-only? Yes. GameCube? Unknown.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 08:23 PM   #87
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdMarioBro View Post
Saw the pics. It's essentially Smash Bros from what I can tell, but with Turtles. Win. The lack of a "specific" TMNT license makes this appealing.
Can I ask where you saw them?....If so, where?
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 08:24 PM   #88
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai
 
Ecto Jedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,439
What pics? WHAT PICS!?
Ecto Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 08:39 PM   #89
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
I think he meant the pics of the article. Though, I'd be happy to be wrong about that.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 09:40 PM   #90
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
So, who wants to provide some pics?
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 10:13 PM   #91
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
This is the only time since I've canceled my subscription that I wish I still received Nintendo Power >.<
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 10:30 PM   #92
Mutated Turtle
Stone Warrior
 
Mutated Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Nope.avi
Posts: 825
uh? whats nintendo power?
Mutated Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 10:40 PM   #93
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutated turtle View Post
uh? whats nintendo power?
Nintendo's official magazine for the USA.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 11:57 PM   #94
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,180
no, this is Nintendo Power:




Now you're playing with power.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 04:29 PM   #95
Quiet_Guy
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 166
Where are the pics someone mentioned??
Quiet_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 07:04 PM   #96
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
God damn it, Lucas! You can't do that kind of stuff here! These kids will loose their marbles.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 07:31 PM   #97
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
I was at Books-A-Million today but it seems that the only gaming magazine that they don't carry is Nintendo Power. Maybe if I hit up Wal-Mart sometime soon I'll see if the article has any pics.

Until then, I'll keep creeping around online in hopes that I find some pics.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 07:39 PM   #98
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Nintendo Power took a hit when it went third-party. It has some pretty bad distribution now. Either way, wait a week and it'll start turning up everywhere.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 07:44 PM   #99
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
Nintendo Power took a hit when it went third-party. It has some pretty bad distribution now. Either way, wait a week and it'll start turning up everywhere.
Yeah, I get'cha. However, I'd like to make it a little shorter than a week if I can help it.

EDIT:

Well, this is the first thing I got.



Comes from http://infinitehollywood.blogspot.com/

I found that on http://www.mikeystmnt.com/forums/vie...php?f=3&t=4421

So, at least I know what cover I'm looking for now. Hopefully there are pics in the magazine worth putting on here.

Last edited by Kendamu; 12-15-2008 at 11:08 PM.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 06:02 AM   #100
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Am I the only one sick and tired of those lizard @ss lookin' movie tmnt?
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ubisoft


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.