The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2009, 05:22 PM   #221
Mecha Cow
Gorgeous and modest too
 
Mecha Cow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 3,699
Those screens actually look pretty nice, and they don't even seem like bullshots either. Consider me cautiously optimistic.
__________________
Mecha Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:35 PM   #222
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
I still have this false hope that a Mirage or even cartoon style will be an unlockable extra costume. If it's like Smash each character should have 4 variations. I just hope it isn't just skin tone.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:26 AM   #223
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
I'm really excited to see the Turtles getting some positive press on the big game sites. I won't get too positive until we find out that we'll have the ability to play the game sans-waggle.

Like Spit, I also hope for some kind of Mirage-like skin for all the characters, or at least the Turtles. Also, I hope to God they go completely overboard on the inclusion of obscure and classic characters. And if we look at Smash, the likelihood of clone characters is inevitable, but maybe they'll go insane and make them something like Image-style Cyborg Donny, which would be Rawsome!

And as Ray Barnholt said over on 1up, we NEED OT characters like Krang in there. NEED! PLEASE!
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 03:03 AM   #224
R-iZZy
The Long Con
 
R-iZZy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: G'ville, FL (Gator Country), USA
Posts: 3,007
Screens look decent, although Peter Laird doing the story makes me a bit skeptical. He hasn't been the same with stories since Kevin Eastman was still tagging with him.

But the fact that Mirage is actually working on the roster is f*cking awesome! Rat King, Leatherhead, maybe a bit of Justice Force, Radical, Carnage; the possibilities are endless.
__________________


R-iZZy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:56 AM   #225
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Angel Land
Posts: 4,150
I saw the screens on gamasutra at work last night... and then I foud out about the reissue figures. Best night ever? Pretty close!

Excuse me while I go sob in the corner and ponder my pitful existance
Kid Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:56 AM   #226
Vegita-San
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,089
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/n...fm?artid=17612

Dunno if someone posted this yet.

Don't you just love these motivating quotes by gary?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:34 AM   #227
TerranigmaFreak
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 715
I guess you guys still haven't seen these.





__________________


First footage of the new R rated TMNT movie.
TerranigmaFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:59 AM   #228
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerranigmaFreak View Post
I guess you guys still haven't seen these.
We have, or rather, I have, at least... they're the ones that were in Nintendo Power, and also at IGN.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:59 AM   #229
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Yeah they're not based on the movie style guide or anything.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:46 AM   #230
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Unless I missed something, I'm pretty sure that had already been established.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:24 PM   #231
TerranigmaFreak
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
We have, or rather, I have, at least... they're the ones that were in Nintendo Power, and also at IGN.
Huh? Really? I'm looking at IGN right now and I don't see them. Plus, the pics are listed as March 16, leading me to believe those are images from the movie based game, and not images of the current game. At least 2 of them are from yesterday, but the rest are all wrong.
__________________


First footage of the new R rated TMNT movie.
TerranigmaFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:38 PM   #232
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerranigmaFreak View Post
Huh? Really? I'm looking at IGN right now and I don't see them. Plus, the pics are listed as March 16, leading me to believe those are images from the movie based game, and not images of the current game. At least 2 of them are from yesterday, but the rest are all wrong.
That would make no sense... especially since Splinter only appeared in static cutscenes in the previous game.

EDIT: http://media.wii.ign.com/media/143/14305526/imgs_1.html
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:47 PM   #233
TerranigmaFreak
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 715
Oh, ok, I see. IGN fudged up the screens. They actually posted screens from this game into the movie game section as well, yet I didn't see the large turtles images there.
__________________


First footage of the new R rated TMNT movie.
TerranigmaFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:16 PM   #234
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Bah... IGN's always buggered.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:05 PM   #235
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
Unless I missed something, I'm pretty sure that had already been established.
Well they kept saying the characters wouldn't have any set style guide and looking at everything it's all taken from the much over used movie styles.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:11 PM   #236
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
I thought people were saying that, story-wise, it wasn't based in any specific universe.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 07:29 PM   #237
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
Well they kept saying the characters wouldn't have any set style guide and looking at everything it's all taken from the much over used movie styles.
That's because all the people who are working on the game saw the new CGI movie recently and loved it. They thought the style was "dark" and blah blah. It makes sense why they went with it since they like the style but the rest of us won't agree with them. None of them follow the comics and were all previously viewers of the first cartoon. Only the president of the project said he's a fan of the comics.

I hope like I said earlier that alternate costumes including a cartoon and comic style are selectable. If they are I'll never even play as the movie designs.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 07:34 PM   #238
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
Well they kept saying the characters wouldn't have any set style guide and looking at everything it's all taken from the much over used movie styles.
It has always been said that the look of the game would be taken from the last movie game (those models and sets are already built, so it saves a hell of a lot of money). The story is not based on any existing story from any particular universe.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:01 PM   #239
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
It has always been said that the look of the game would be taken from the last movie game (those models and sets are already built, so it saves a hell of a lot of money). The story is not based on any existing story from any particular universe.
Ah my bad, I must have read that wrong then.
While I just recently have played that movie game and it is a bit fun, I'm gonna pass on this one I've just had way to much of looking at the movie designs now to last me a life time.
These people need to learn when to much is just to much.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:20 PM   #240
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
It's a fighting game, what kind of story could it possibly have?
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ubisoft


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.