The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2009, 01:09 PM   #421
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
wow I had to check out the comments.
Hillarious how annoying they where
and not to mention all the graphic W***es who had something to say XD
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 01:30 PM   #422
TurtleGuy
Foot Soldier
 
TurtleGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 231
I just read those comments.

I think I just lost a few brain cells.
TurtleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 01:43 PM   #423
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleGuy View Post
Now I'm probably gonna get flamed for this but I just hope they don't fill the roster with ONLY Mirage characters. Especially considering how obscure they are to some. I presonally don't think it's a sin to include a few OT/Archie characters(just a few) and I actually think it's a good idea market wise.
No, I actually agree with that. Ideally, I'd like to see characters from across the property. How cool would it be if you could have Chromedome fighting Complete Carnage or something?

I was just saying that the "retro only" crowd (if they only knew what retro Turtles actually was) is being really, really stupid.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 03:00 PM   #424
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,792
I'd love to see Armaggon in this, I loved him in Tournament fighters for the SNES.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:33 PM   #425
Donny
Foot Soldier
 
Donny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sewers of Denmark
Posts: 180
I would love to see characters from different incarnations, and not only characters from 2k3 and the CGI movie with the same design. I was actually hoping for a Shredder that looks like the tournament fighter version. But the 2k3 one is allright, as long the game still rocks.
__________________
Mikey: (singing) T-M-N-T! What you get is what you see!
(All the turtles look at him)
Raph: You know seriously, you're only embarrassing yourself...
Donny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 06:43 PM   #426
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
I really hope shredder can get a mirage costume.
Is there anymore info about the story mode?
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:31 PM   #427
Dragon Turtle
Stone Warrior
 
Dragon Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Standing behind you.
Posts: 776
Latest E3 articles on Smash Up:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/988/988459p1.html
Dragon Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:32 PM   #428
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
So the demo's actually being well recieved? That's good. Also nice to see it isn't a direct rip-off of Smash Bros.

Also, notice that none of the IGN comments have sucked yet. Hooray, IGN members.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 05:30 PM   #429
The Shelf
Mad Scientist
 
The Shelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,031
Wow, I have a new-found respect for IGN. I never gave them much notice before, but their preview was very informed and fair. I can't believe they knew who Usagi and Fugitoid were! Shoot... Why do this and the Turtles in Time remake have to be on separate consoles? I don't own either right now because I mostly play PC games and get my console fix at my friends' houses, but I may have to break down and get one or both.
The Shelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:12 PM   #430
The Shelf
Mad Scientist
 
The Shelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,031
I can't help myself. I wrote up what I think is a reasonable cast of characters for this game. I tried to pick a variety of characters that will lend themselves to different styles of fighting as well as getting a good mix of characters from each major TMNT-verse. I'm not as familiar with the Archie comics, so forgive me if I didn't pick out the most popular characters from that series, but I think I did fairly well. It's entirely probable that I forgot about some major characters who should be on this list, so let me know if there's a character you think belongs here. The legend represents what models I think they should use with multiples representing alternate models for the same character move-set. Note that I have two different Leatherheads and Baxters because I think the two versions of each character would actually play quite a bit differently. In cases where two or more versions of a character are basically the same, I opt for the one I think works best for the game.

LEGEND
M = Mirage
8 = 80's Cartoon
9 = 90's Movies
A = Archie
3 = 2003 Cartoon
7 = 2007 Movie

Code:
HEROES		M 8 9 A 3 7	NOTES
1. April	          *	This is really the only model she has that fights like this.
2. Casey Jones	  *     * *
3. Donatello	* *     * *
4. Fugitoid	*		Big Vol. 4 model for fighting.
5. Gen		        *	Usagi tribute.
6. Leonardo	* *     * *
7. Leatherhead	        *
8. Michelangelo	* *     * *
9. Mondo Gecko	  *
10. Ninjara	      *
11. Nobody	        *
12. Raphael	* *     * *
13. Ray Fillet	      *
14. Splinter	  *     * *
15. Traximus	        *
16. Usagi	        *	Usagi tribute.
17. Venus			From the live-action show; I didn't feel like adding another category.  =-P
18. Yoshi	        *

VILLAINS	M 8 9 A 3 7
1. Armaggon	      *
2. Baxter (fly)	  *
3. Baxter (bot)         *
4. Bebop	  *
5. Bishop	        *
6. Hun		        *
7. Karai	        * *
8. Krang	  *
9. Leatherhead	  *
10. Metalhead	  *
11. Rahzar	    *
12. Rat King	        *
13. Rocksteady	  *
14. Shredder	* * *   *
15. Sh'Okanabo	        *
16. Slash	      *
17. Tokka	    *
EDIT: Added 2007 movie version of Karai; can't believe I forgot about that.
EDIT x2: Added Venus and the 90's movie model of Shredder.

Last edited by The Shelf; 06-01-2009 at 08:36 PM.
The Shelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:27 PM   #431
Desslok
Hench Mutant
 
Desslok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 393
That roster would rock! All of them great choices, and it looks like a nice showing from all TMNT versions. I'm not sure if we'll get alternate versions of characters in the game or not, but if we do I REALLY want an OT version of Shredder, he's just totally awesome.
__________________

Watch Episodes | Latest Updates | More Fun

Last edited by Desslok; 06-03-2009 at 12:15 PM.
Desslok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:22 PM   #432
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,208
Not bad Shelf, my only two complaints with your roster would be: 1. no 90's movie Shredder and 2. no Venus so I could just beat the crap outta her for hours lol
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:35 PM   #433
The Shelf
Mad Scientist
 
The Shelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,031
Sounds reasonable to me. Done and done!

That also puts the roster at 35 characters which, if I remember correctly, was the same number of characters SSBB had.
The Shelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:22 AM   #434
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!
 
ThirdMarioBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 8,905
Yeah, so I played it twice today. The menu and graphics engine and totally Smash Bros. The whole thing feels like Brawl Lite to me. The jumping physics are WAAAAY more floaty though. Its just screwy. The voice actors are the 2K3 series, and the models are mostly the 2007 movie.

Nice production values, but the gameplay doesn't feel refined enough to me yet. I also hope there's more characters than the demo.
__________________
ThirdMarioBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:14 PM   #435
Desslok
Hench Mutant
 
Desslok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 393
New screens at GameSpot
__________________

Watch Episodes | Latest Updates | More Fun
Desslok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:38 PM   #436
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Here's a video for you guys.

Just saying....it looks really bad. The coloured glow around the characters is also really really dumb.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:27 PM   #437
StealthNinjaScyther
Foot Soldier
 
StealthNinjaScyther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 208
Doesn't look bad to me at all. The only thing that looks off is the floatiness.

I don't mind the glow around the characters either. It will make it much easier to keep track of you character, especially when there are multiple turtles. Maybe I'm alone, but sometimes I lose track of my character in Smash Bros.
StealthNinjaScyther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:53 PM   #438
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
Here's a video for you guys.

Just saying....it looks really bad. The coloured glow around the characters is also really really dumb.
I agree, it also doesn't help matters that I'm beyond sick of the cgi movie TMNT designs being used for things.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:56 PM   #439
The Shelf
Mad Scientist
 
The Shelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,031
I'm watching GameSpot's live demo right now, and I must say, it looks nothing short of amazing! I haven't watched the video you linked yet, Peanut, but what I have seen looks just as good as Brawl. I only hope they have close to as many characters as Brawl had.
The Shelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:43 PM   #440
Blade Raider
Mad Scientist
 
Blade Raider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by desslok2000 View Post
New screens at GameSpot
This is my new wallpaper. I also love that Leo vs. Shredder pic. Nice.

This game looks fun. I'm trying not to get my hopes to though.
__________________
Blade Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ubisoft


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.