The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2009, 10:52 AM   #761
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Three new playable characters have been revealed: Karai, Nightwatcher, and Fugitoid.

Pics are up on Ninja Pizza. Video will be up once it's processed by YouTube.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:07 AM   #762
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Well, 2/3 of my guess list isn't bad. Nightwatcher came out of nowhere, though.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:09 AM   #763
TurtleGuy
Foot Soldier
 
TurtleGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 231
Nightwatcher? As in Raphael but in a different costume?

Boo-urns!
TurtleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:14 AM   #764
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Raph vs Nightwatcher

snake! you created a time paradox!... Snake?... SNAAAKEE!!
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:29 AM   #765
The Shelf
Mad Scientist
 
The Shelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,031
Thanks for the news, Rose!

Nightwatcher came out of nowhere sorta, but it's better than another Rabbid at least. That puts the character count up to 15. Where's Leatherhead?!

I hope they don't add any more characters from the '07 movie. They've gotten all the best ones, now it's time to give us Leatherhead, Hun, and Baxter from the new toon and some prominent old toon characters. Then things will be complete. Well, plus maybe Tokka and Rahzar.
The Shelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:53 AM   #766
Aztec General
Mad Scientist
 
Aztec General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,437
Despite the fact that this is the exact type of TMNT game I've been hoping they'd release, I must say that I am thoroughly unimpressed by what I've seen. Sorry.
__________________
Aztec General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:35 PM   #767
Blade Raider
Mad Scientist
 
Blade Raider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,221
Seeing Karai and Fugitoid in action makes me want to play them. Karai looks fast. Fugitoid looks goofy in a goods way.

I really couldn't less about Nightwatcher unless he was a Rabbid, then there would be hatred. Just another wasted slot that could have been given to a character not yet in the game. Oh well, if their going to put Nightwatcher in the game how about putting Turtle Titan and Dark Turtle as well? (Rather them not take more slots though)
__________________
Blade Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:44 PM   #768
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Nightwatcher could have been a skin for Raph. That's a waste of a character slot. Karai is no surprise and we all knew we were getting Fugitoid.

I don't feel like Mirage picked this roster at all so far, except Fugitoid and the Utrom. Someone who had a hard on for the fourth movie did, like Ubi. Those Rabbids are still so retarded.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:54 PM   #769
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
Does anyone think a standard Triceraton might be playable? Given we have a generic Foot Soldier, having one Triceraton character would be a good idea.

Aside from that, still pulling for Rat King and Leatherhead at least. And maybe Hun.

Yeah, I'd love to see Krang/Bebop/Rocksteady but it doesn't look likely for them I'm afraid.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:58 PM   #770
raphael_is_cool
Mad Scientist
 
raphael_is_cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: England
Posts: 2,151
I think Nightwatcher's an interesting addition. Not because I'm a big fan of the character but because he's using manriki and not sai. That's more than just a costume change...I hope...
raphael_is_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:07 PM   #771
The Shelf
Mad Scientist
 
The Shelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Nightwatcher could have been a skin for Raph.
He could have been, but it wouldn't have made any sense. I can't recall seeing Nightwatcher running around with a pair of sai. Expect Nightwatcher to play completely differently from Raph. He'll be heavier, slower, pack more punch, and have a lot more range due to the manriki (?) that he carries around. Just pretend it's someone else under the mask if that makes you feel any better (like Turtle Titan II). It beats a Mario/Dr. Mario-style clone.

I wonder how many characters they have left to reveal. I expect one last batch of 3-4. Maybe two more batches if we're lucky, but that will probably be all.
The Shelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:30 PM   #772
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,214
I thought they were gonna have the big bad ass Fugitoid... his regular form is so geeky.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:37 PM   #773
The Shelf
Mad Scientist
 
The Shelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I thought they were gonna have the big bad ass Fugitoid... his regular form is so geeky.
I thought so too, but this is probably for the best. He probably would have been too similar to Utrominator (and Krang if he's in it with his body). Also, his only appearance like that was in volume 4, I think, and maybe Tales volume 2, neither of which have much of a following.
The Shelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:44 PM   #774
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,185
Nightwatcher gives me mixed feelings, yeah we already have raph and would have preferred a different character but its still kind of a cool character. He could have been a skin for raph but this way he'll actually have his own moves, I mean he has a freaking chain for a weapon

Karai I expected her 2k7 design and its fine, fugitoid looks cool.


I think you guys are missing the bottom right thing though:




That is not the Shredder model we've been shown, at least I'm pretty sure its not.




I hope those weren't the characters they were going to show off at Comic-Con
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:00 PM   #775
The Shelf
Mad Scientist
 
The Shelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
That is not the Shredder model we've been shown, at least I'm pretty sure its not.
I'm pretty sure it is.
The Shelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:16 PM   #776
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shelf View Post
I thought so too, but this is probably for the best. He probably would have been too similar to Utrominator (and Krang if he's in it with his body). Also, his only appearance like that was in volume 4, I think, and maybe Tales volume 2, neither of which have much of a following.
Right, but there was also his late season 3 model.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:17 PM   #777
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shelf View Post
I can't recall seeing Nightwatcher running around with a pair of sai.
I seem to recall Nightwatcher running around with a pair of sai in the movie game, like a poorly-disguised Raphael. But, I wouldn't doubt that I'm mistaken since I clobbered my head pretty good last night and have been making erroneous statements ever since.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:32 PM   #778
bedbugjones
Foot Soldier
 
bedbugjones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: central city
Posts: 228
every fighting game has a few secret chrecters im sure this one will have plenty
bedbugjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:44 PM   #779
The Shelf
Mad Scientist
 
The Shelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Right, but there was also his late season 3 model.
Ah, didn't know about that one. I'm still waiting for season 3 and 4 to come out on dvd. I watched them on the 4kids site, but the quality was kinda poor, and I didn't pay attention to some of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
I seem to recall Nightwatcher running around with a pair of sai in the movie game, like a poorly-disguised Raphael. But, I wouldn't doubt that I'm mistaken since I clobbered my head pretty good last night and have been making erroneous statements ever since.
No, you're probably right. I never played the movie game and was just going off the movie itself. Either way, when it comes to a fighting game, you want a variety of movesets which is why Nightwatcher's inclusion as a separate character doesn't bother me really.
The Shelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:46 PM   #780
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shelf View Post
Ah, didn't know about that one. I'm still waiting for season 3 and 4 to come out on dvd. I watched them on the 4kids site, but the quality was kinda poor, and I didn't pay attention to some of it.
Well it wasn't awesome, but it was alot more threatening than little SAL.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ubisoft


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.