The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2009, 03:40 PM   #1121
XERO
Hybrid Theorist
 
XERO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Alamo City
Posts: 8,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain88 View Post
Forgive me, who is ancient one?
Hamato Yoshi's sensei in the 2003 cartoon. He basically helped Leonardo overcome his coldness and bitterness of the guys and himself getting their asses whupped by Ch'rell and Karai in the 3rd Season.

He's also part of the Ninja Tribunal, but I haven't seen all of those episodes yet to now much vital info.
__________________

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 05:50 PM   #1122
TurtleGuy
Foot Soldier
 
TurtleGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 231
Anyone else here have waning enthusiam about this game? The gameplay itself looks fun, but my main concern for the game is the roster and it doesn't look too interesting so far.

The game comes out in September and so far all we've seen are 2k3/movie characters, and obscure character and (ugh) Rabbids.

Not based on a specific Turtle Universe? They might as well have made it based on the movie-verse.

Then again we did see the Technodrome, but September isn't too far off...

Also, I don't want the ancient one in the game. Last thing we need are fart attacks...
TurtleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:39 PM   #1123
The Shelf
Mad Scientist
 
The Shelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleGuy View Post
The game comes out in September and so far all we've seen are 2k3/movie characters, and obscure character and (ugh) Rabbids.
I don't see why the soon release date should have any effect on your concern over the roster. We know there are at least 5-7 more characters left to be revealed. Whether the game comes out next month or 6 months from now isn't going to change that.
The Shelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:53 PM   #1124
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain88 View Post
Forgive me, who is ancient one?
The worst addition to the TMNT mythos ever.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:17 AM   #1125
StealthNinjaScyther
Foot Soldier
 
StealthNinjaScyther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
The worst addition to the TMNT mythos ever.
Venus is the Ancient One?
StealthNinjaScyther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:39 AM   #1126
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthNinjaScyther View Post
Venus is the Ancient One?
In a better show, Venus may have been barely tolerable. In any show, the Ancient One makes it a terrible show. So Confuscious say.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:05 AM   #1127
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
http://www.hookedgamers.com/wii/teen...cle-533-2.html

Quote:
The characters that have been officially announced for the game are all very familiar, such as all four of the turtles themselves. A close ally of the turtles called April O' Neil has been confirmed as well. The classic villains the characters have faced such as Rocksteady and Shredder are joining the fight too. And, of course, the sensei of the characters, Master Splinter, is available in the roster as well.
Wait, what?
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:17 AM   #1128
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Ancient one sounds cool but yeah, Slash is better.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:03 AM   #1129
The Shelf
Mad Scientist
 
The Shelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
Indeed: http://www.officialnintendomagazine....le.php?id=9996

Quote:
The full roster of fighters is yet to be announced but so far we've seen the four turtles, Master Splinter, Shredder and April O' Neil. As well as the likes of series regulars Casey Jones, Bebop and Rock Steady, we reckon you'll also see a few cheeky guest cameos from some of Ubisoft's other franchises too.
So now we have semi-confirmation of not only Leatherhead, but also Bebop and Rocksteady. That would leave 2-4 other slots to be filled if the rumors are true.
The Shelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:42 AM   #1130
TurtleGuy
Foot Soldier
 
TurtleGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 231
W00t w00t! Finally! Everything coming up TurtleGuy! Now a few more and we'll be in business.
TurtleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:45 AM   #1131
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Like with Leatherhead and Fugitoid (before he was confirmed), I'll believe it when I see it. I hope they reveal at least one character this week... they haven't shown us anything since well before SDCC.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:58 AM   #1132
Tazi
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 1,088
One of those articles is a month old. Any other site which reported about Rocksteady/Bebop? I really hope it's true, but I have my doubts...
Tazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:21 PM   #1133
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
This is mighty queer... I cannot seem to access the Characters menu on the official site.

EDIT: Here's an interview I'd never seen before... like most interviews, there's nothing new revealed, although points of interest are the interviewee thinking that Raphael uses swords, and making an uncomfortably out-of-place sex metaphor... o.O

http://www.truegameheadz.com/bloghea...its-shell-yet/
__________________

Last edited by Ninjinister; 08-10-2009 at 11:36 PM.
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 05:12 PM   #1134
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
When I first heard of this game, I was so ecited. But now Im not that happy bout this game. We havent really gotten any ''new'' characters and everyone looks very cgi movie like. I thought this game was gonna be like a universal tmnt game with a bunch of awesome characters but its not looking that way. Oh and by the way, wth are they usings Lawson's art for those cut scenes, yuck! I mean, jim is a great guy but his art is not my thing, Laird and Eastman art would have worked better. Or Dooney. Just my 2 cents. I will probably get this game anyways. Ill be bitching as I pay for it. LOL.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:49 PM   #1135
The Shelf
Mad Scientist
 
The Shelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain88 View Post
Just my 2 cents.
This is the best black and white TMNT art there is:



Just my 2 cents.
The Shelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:37 PM   #1136
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shelf View Post
This is the best black and white TMNT art there is:



Just my 2 cents.
Totally agree. I just wish the actual comics looked like that.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 12:48 AM   #1137
Barkworm
Draconian leftist ruler
 
Barkworm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Germany
Posts: 6,700
How does this look any different from Lawson's usual stuff?
__________________
Make ****, not kill!
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:55 AM   #1138
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
I'm not an art critic or an expert by any means (despite my love for comics), and I think these are less blocky than teh comics.
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:52 AM   #1139
The Shelf
Mad Scientist
 
The Shelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,031
It's not that much different, actually. Compare that with early Volume 4 and late Volume 4 (bottom right picture labeled "Leo is surrounded" has the best example). The only real difference I see between Smash Up and late Volume 4 is the shading or toning or whatever you call it, and his Smash Up work looks a little more refined like he took his time with it. I dunno, though; I'm not an artist or a critic either.
The Shelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:12 PM   #1140
raphael_is_cool
Mad Scientist
 
raphael_is_cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: England
Posts: 2,151
I'm not sure who's inked the Smash Up stuff but it looks a lot better than the Vol. 4 work. I don't think Lawson's artwork was ever that bad; his Return to New York stuff is up there with the Laird and Eastman art and his City at War stuff wasn't terrible. I think you really have to look at the inker a bit as well.
raphael_is_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ubisoft


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.