The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2009, 03:52 AM   #1261
Tazi
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 1,088
Quote:
No kidding. What if I ever wanted to play Super Mario World with you or something?

No playing as Luigi? I can't borrow lives? Prohibited Feathers? Only f*cking Yellow Yoshis?
Luigi is not god tier like Akuma in ST.

He also has a funny moustache.
Tazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 06:05 AM   #1262
raphael_is_cool
Mad Scientist
 
raphael_is_cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: England
Posts: 2,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Rule number one for anyone playing Wii with me is gonna be "No Rabbids. Ever."
I'd be happy just to have people playing on the Wii with me.
raphael_is_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:28 AM   #1263
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazi View Post
Luigi is not god tier like Akuma in ST.

He also has a funny moustache.
Tiers are so BS. They only focus on who can dish out the most damage, the quickest. They take nothing else into account.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:58 AM   #1264
Tazi
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 1,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
Tiers are so BS. They only focus on who can dish out the most damage, the quickest. They take nothing else into account.
That's not true. Also, there's no need for a tier list, to realise how overpowered ST Akuma is.
Tazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 12:14 PM   #1265
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazi View Post
That's not true. Also, there's no need for a tier list, to realise how overpowered ST Akuma is.
You're insane. And I was referring to SFA3 and SF3:3S. Also: getting back on topic...

The official message board is finally back.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 12:44 PM   #1266
Tazi
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 1,088
ST Akuma was just an example of a rightful character banning, it has nothing to do with your post. Akuma is okay in Alpha and 3rd Strike.
And tier lists are based on machups, they check how strong one character against an other. They look at range, power, special moves, speed, etc. Where did you get that "dish out more damage at the shortest time" stuff?
Tazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:06 PM   #1267
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist
 
Tuxedo Moroboshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Battle Nexus
Posts: 1,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazi View Post
ST Akuma was just an example of a rightful character banning, it has nothing to do with your post. Akuma is okay in Alpha and 3rd Strike.
And tier lists are based on machups, they check how strong one character against an other. They look at range, power, special moves, speed, etc. Where did you get that "dish out more damage at the shortest time" stuff?
Tiers are actually based on how well characters do in tournaments... which is flawed, to say the least, as that's dependent on the people that play as those characters and has little to do with the characters themselves.

Sorry, but I'm personally of the belief that... well... TR4Q.

That being said, this topic is getting derailed.
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:53 PM   #1268
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Fighting game tourney **** ruin everything.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 03:33 PM   #1269
XERO
Hybrid Theorist
 
XERO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Alamo City
Posts: 8,184
Yeah. Whatever happened to just playing for FUN?
__________________

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:20 PM   #1270
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
This thread is starting to remind me of how I got cussed out at, at SRK, because I played games that they didn't consider tournament worthy.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:31 PM   #1271
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,685
Um... back to Turtles please..? So when the hell will they announce the rest of the cast..? We're like.. 21 days away from launch.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 07:55 PM   #1272
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
I actually thought last week would've been when they'd show at least 3 more. Typically in the week preceding big cons (E3, SDCC) they let the video with three new characters slip to the gaming press. PAX, this weekend, is their next big one (and final, if I recall correctly), and we've not seen anything yet.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:59 PM   #1273
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist
 
Tuxedo Moroboshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Battle Nexus
Posts: 1,127
If nothing more, you have to give Ubisoft credit for building anticipating by increasing dramatic tension this way. I just hope the end result isn't anti-climactic (and by this point, anything other than either Rocksteady and Bebop or even Tokka and Rahzar would be anti-climactic).
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:35 PM   #1274
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown Prince of Crime View Post
If nothing more, you have to give Ubisoft credit for building anticipating by increasing dramatic tension this way. I just hope the end result isn't anti-climactic (and by this point, anything other than either Rocksteady and Bebop or even Tokka and Rahzar would be anti-climactic).
What about Dirtbag and Groundchuck?
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 01:00 PM   #1275
TerranigmaFreak
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 715
Smash Up strategy guide leaked!!!

Massive spoilers!!!

http://www.turtledojo.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=166
__________________


First footage of the new R rated TMNT movie.
TerranigmaFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 01:24 PM   #1276
Blade Raider
Mad Scientist
 
Blade Raider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,221
Spoilers? Yeah. "Massive", not so much...

We've known a lot of this stuff already. The only thing I see that's really "new" is the 51 missions. Not "Massive" by any means though. I take the 16 playable characters as the non-hidden characters.
__________________

Last edited by Blade Raider; 09-03-2009 at 01:30 PM.
Blade Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 01:25 PM   #1277
LordTerminal
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 17
Oh boy. I can just hear the damn 80's fanboys getting ready to tear this game a new one with their nerd rage. Granted I'll probably be joining them but only to get my anger out. The game looks like it'll be fun regardless and I'd rather have someone judge the game based on everything in it. Not just the roster.

Spoiler:
Also I'm calling BS on this so-called 16 characters bit for now. You cannot expect me to believe that when there's clearly 20 character spaces on the official site. (7 of which are question marks currently)
LordTerminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:43 PM   #1278
TerranigmaFreak
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Raider View Post
Spoilers? Yeah. "Massive", not so much...

We've known a lot of this stuff already. The only thing I see that's really "new" is the 51 missions. Not "Massive" by any means though. I take the 16 playable characters as the non-hidden characters.
I came running to post as soon as I saw it so I didn't get to read through the entire thing.
__________________


First footage of the new R rated TMNT movie.
TerranigmaFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:59 PM   #1279
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
So, basically we only know the stages. They're decent, but I wish there were a few more that had some significance within the TMNT mythos. There are so many they could have chosen.

The neon buffalo sign
The Northampton farm (HUGE oversight)
Dimension X
The Lap of the Gods
Triceraton Arena (could have been SO cool)

The list goes on. Hopefully these generic stages make up for it by being fun to play.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:07 PM   #1280
Zachatello00
On the beat!
 
Zachatello00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hiding behind the phone booth
Posts: 2,132
I just got back from the Gamestop conference in Vegas and I spent about an hour playing this game with the executive producer (i forget his name) but he gave me some news I hadn't seen anywhere else. If any of it is old news, sue me. I'm not reading sixty four pages. He was able to confirm with me that there will be alternate costumes based inspired mainly by playmates toys different tmnt figures. It might be cool to see a slam dunkin' Don, or something. Also, there will be using trophies, similar to smash, but instead you find pieces of trophies you can then assemble any way you want. Should be pretty cool. I finally asked about "2 certain mutants". He couldn't say yes, but he said and I quote: "I also defenatly can't say no..."

that made me happy
__________________
"You're still news!"
Zachatello00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ubisoft


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.