The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 12:25 AM   #1281
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
I'm just glad they're finally making a TMNT fighting game, Bebop and Rocksteady or not. If it plays anything like Street Fighter, and it looks like it will, it's going to be one solid experience. And the fact that they'll be releasing it on three different systems is just icing.

As for characters, I've heard rumblings of Armaggon (from TMNT Adventures) and Chromedome, but nothing's confirmed.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:34 AM   #1282
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Time warps are funny, aren't they?
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 03:06 AM   #1283
Newton Gimmick
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,154
Let's do the time warp aaaagaaain!
Newton Gimmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 06:48 AM   #1284
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher Classic View Post
I'm just glad they're finally making a TMNT fighting game, Bebop and Rocksteady or not. If it plays anything like Street Fighter, and it looks like it will, it's going to be one solid experience. And the fact that they'll be releasing it on three different systems is just icing.
Where am I?
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:31 AM   #1285
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
They are releasing a PS2 version with the Wii right? I may just get that since I have PS2 and 3
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:05 PM   #1286
BoggleKng
Mad Scientist
 
BoggleKng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 1,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher Classic View Post
So, basically we only know the stages. They're decent, but I wish there were a few more that had some significance within the TMNT mythos. There are so many they could have chosen.

The neon buffalo sign
The Northampton farm (HUGE oversight)
Dimension X
The Lap of the Gods
Triceraton Arena (could have been SO cool)

The list goes on. Hopefully these generic stages make up for it by being fun to play.
Yes, Northampton would have been sweet... like in TMNT #1..

Triceraton Arena.. definitely a big miss.. and no Triceraton?!! if they are going to have Utroms, then they should have Triceratons..
__________________
You guys mind telling me what you're doing to my little green pal over there, hm? -Casey Jones, TMNT movie...
BoggleKng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:57 PM   #1287
MrDizzyDEE
Foot Soldier
 
MrDizzyDEE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the bushes catching wild Pokemon
Posts: 128
Whats the third system??
__________________
TMNT: Smash Up FC: 4039-5541-1157
MrDizzyDEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 12:19 AM   #1288
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDizzyDEE View Post
Whats the third system??
What are you on about?
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 02:08 AM   #1289
MrDizzyDEE
Foot Soldier
 
MrDizzyDEE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the bushes catching wild Pokemon
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher Classic View Post
I'm just glad they're finally making a TMNT fighting game, Bebop and Rocksteady or not. If it plays anything like Street Fighter, and it looks like it will, it's going to be one solid experience. And the fact that they'll be releasing it on three different systems is just icing.

As for characters, I've heard rumblings of Armaggon (from TMNT Adventures) and Chromedome, but nothing's confirmed.
He said its releasing on three different systems.
__________________
TMNT: Smash Up FC: 4039-5541-1157
MrDizzyDEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 02:42 AM   #1290
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
He's also an idiot.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 11:41 AM   #1291
TurtleGuy
Foot Soldier
 
TurtleGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher Classic View Post
I'm just glad they're finally making a TMNT fighting game, Bebop and Rocksteady or not. If it plays anything like Street Fighter, and it looks like it will, it's going to be one solid experience. And the fact that they'll be releasing it on three different systems is just icing.

As for characters, I've heard rumblings of Armaggon (from TMNT Adventures) and Chromedome, but nothing's confirmed.
*looks at post, then looks at new profile*

TurtleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 10:40 PM   #1292
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDizzyDEE View Post
He said its releasing on three different systems.
If you read his post, he's referring to Tournament Fighters. For whatever reason, he's decided to pretend it's 1993.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 05:27 AM   #1293
Ninja Tiptup
Mad Scientist
 
Ninja Tiptup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,451
Got to play it a bit at PAX. Seems like most moves are done with the A button and a direction and a certain number of button taps.

Pretty fun so far and seemingly very hectic at least in free-for-all.

I saw an alternative costume for Mikey but dissapointingly it was just his sports gear from the TMNT 2007 style sports turtles toys.
__________________
It's weird to be normal, and it's normal to be weird.
Ninja Tiptup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 06:08 AM   #1294
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist
 
Tuxedo Moroboshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Battle Nexus
Posts: 1,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachatello00 View Post
I finally asked about "2 certain mutants". He couldn't say yes, but he said and I quote: "I also defenatly can't say no..."
Hmmm... I'm really hoping that little add-on sentence was a subtle hint to those "2 certain mutants" actually being in Smash-Up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Tiptup View Post
I saw an alternative costume for Mikey but dissapointingly it was just his sports gear from the TMNT 2007 style sports turtles toys.
Ugh... is THAT what they meant by alternate costumes based on Playmates' toys? And here I was starting to get all excited over the prospect of retro Playmates stuff.
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:48 AM   #1295
MrDizzyDEE
Foot Soldier
 
MrDizzyDEE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the bushes catching wild Pokemon
Posts: 128
I'm expecting the colored knee pads and elbow pads, thats the only alt. costumes I really want.
__________________
TMNT: Smash Up FC: 4039-5541-1157
MrDizzyDEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 11:34 AM   #1296
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Tiptup View Post
I saw an alternative costume for Mikey but dissapointingly it was just his sports gear from the TMNT 2007 style sports turtles toys.
Jesus....

I had no idea Playmates got in on this... their CEO must be an ex-Mafia boss.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:53 PM   #1297
MrDizzyDEE
Foot Soldier
 
MrDizzyDEE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the bushes catching wild Pokemon
Posts: 128
I wonder if we could get comic book costumes, a la Mr. Game & Watch graphic?
__________________
TMNT: Smash Up FC: 4039-5541-1157
MrDizzyDEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:22 AM   #1298
Tazi
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 1,088
Okay, PAX is over, no news at all? Doesn't they promised to upload that Casey vs Utrominator video? Bleh
Tazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 06:32 AM   #1299
LordTerminal
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 17
I blame the fact that PAX was being held during Labor Day weekend for the reason that we don't have any coverage. Why else are websites not covering any news on this?
LordTerminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:59 AM   #1300
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordTerminal View Post
I blame the fact that PAX was being held during Labor Day weekend for the reason that we don't have any coverage. Why else are websites not covering any news on this?
Because this is a relatively low-key game?
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ubisoft


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.