The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2010, 12:04 PM   #101
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,213
Aces, can't wait to get this one now.

To correct Dan, this is the second Tales issue with a flip cover. #40 had two quite different covers.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:40 PM   #102
Billbeaux
Foot Soldier
 
Billbeaux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Flyover Country
Posts: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
To correct Dan, this is the second Tales issue with a flip cover. #40 had two quite different covers.
It did? I'll have to go back and check, but I'm away from my collection at the moment. Anybody got a handy scan?
Billbeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:15 PM   #103
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Aces, can't wait to get this one now.

To correct Dan, this is the second Tales issue with a flip cover. #40 had two quite different covers.


Lol I was thinking the same thing. That was a cool cover though!
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:06 PM   #104
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
A side by side comparision of a page, Lawson's pencils & Talbot's inks

__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 04:15 PM   #105
DK2
Stone Warrior
 
DK2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 621
Thats just wicked that they took up on the cover dressing from the RTNY book covers.
DK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:41 PM   #106
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Any idea what day it drops?
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:50 PM   #107
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
It's getting picked up the 17th so I assume a week from that date.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:12 PM   #108
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,404
I want to say "I can't wait"... but then this issue's arrival portends the end of Tales of the TMNT. So I don't want to say it.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:09 AM   #109
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
I wish they could have at least made it to 100 issues, maybe some day we can get a tmnt comic that goes that far.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:32 AM   #110
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
I wish they could have at least made it to 100 issues, maybe some day we can get a tmnt comic that goes that far.
As far as I'm concerned, the Mirage universe is on TMNT #205.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 11:08 AM   #111
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
Volume 2 should have never started back at #1.

Volume 2 should have continued at #63. I know they restarted because it was in full-color, but looking back that should have just continued from Volume 1's count.

Its understandable why Image and Volume 4 went back to #1, simply due to it being a new series and the gap between when the previous ones ended. And switching from Mirage to Image, back to Mirage.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 11:37 AM   #112
Triglyph
Foot Soldier
 
Triglyph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 215
I think I will come to own this issue because of that cover. The Return to NY books always stood out because of those covers. 'Book 1.5'...I love it.
Triglyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 06:24 PM   #113
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
Surprised no one's mentioned it yet, but dig those squiggly-ass panel borders. Nice little nod to the early issues.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 02:46 AM   #114
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
Surprised no one's mentioned it yet, but dig those squiggly-ass panel borders. Nice little nod to the early issues.
...

"Squiggly-ass"?
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 02:40 PM   #115
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
I'm going to buy two of this issue. Why?

I'll place one in my "Volume 1" collection, as in next to RTNY Pt. 1 but before Pt. 2.

Meanwhile my second copy will be put with my "Tales" collection, as #70.

That way I can display both covers and put them at both parts of where they should be.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:27 PM   #116
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
...

"Squiggly-ass"?
Okay, so I've been more articulate before.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:39 AM   #117
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I'm going to buy two of this issue. Why?

I'll place one in my "Volume 1" collection, as in next to RTNY Pt. 1 but before Pt. 2.

Meanwhile my second copy will be put with my "Tales" collection, as #70.

That way I can display both covers and put them at both parts of where they should be.
Just curious, but why not just arrange your whole Mirage universe TMNT comic collection in chronological order?

Barring things like mini or backup stories in issues, of course.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:25 AM   #118
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Just curious, but why not just arrange your whole Mirage universe TMNT comic collection in chronological order?
That's what I do, much more convenient.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:04 PM   #119
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Just curious, but why not just arrange your whole Mirage universe TMNT comic collection in chronological order?
I flirted with the idea, but was afraid that my eyes may explode with the mess it would look. I like my issues in proper order.
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:29 PM   #120
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by discordiatookie View Post
I think i've figured out what i've been missing* from Lawson's art: duoshading. It looks really, really, really awesome.
I've known this for a while, I love Lawsons' early volume 4 stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by discordiatookie View Post
I flirted with the idea, but was afraid that my eyes may explode with the mess it would look. I like my issues in proper order.
Have you seen my collection thread? I think it looks fine.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comic discussion, tales of the tmnt


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.