The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 11:06 PM   #21
Tinuvielsdreams
Nothing without passion
 
Tinuvielsdreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
What's funny about whole "One True Shredder" thing is that in one of the episodes Yoshi says that Ch'rell may be just as big a threat as the demon Shredder.
Don't recall that but maybe in the television movie he was
Tinuvielsdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:08 PM   #22
Koi
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,787
Some of my favourite episodes were when they are tiny little turtles.
Koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:42 AM   #23
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,221
Loved the flashbacks in "Tales of Leo"... and I draw the line there aside from "Triptyche" and a few of shorts from Tales of the TMNT.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:02 AM   #24
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!
 
Luzmagica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spain.
Posts: 3,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
Some of my favourite episodes were when they are tiny little turtles.
Yes...I confess ...I love Tiny little turtles...so cute!
Even this examples :



Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Loved the flashbacks in "Tales of Leo"... and I draw the line there aside from "Triptyche" and a few of shorts from Tales of the TMNT.
Me too!!



__________________
Luzmagica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:05 AM   #25
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Tales of Leo works. It doesn't try to shoe horn in characters like The Lesson, Fathers and Sons, and The Incredible Shrinking Serling. I've never liked it...even in the last Archie books or the Star Wars prequels.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:32 PM   #26
Tinuvielsdreams
Nothing without passion
 
Tinuvielsdreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,722
I didn't think about tales of Leo for some reason but yes I loved it applied to that concept, it was appropriate
Tinuvielsdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:16 PM   #27
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Tales of Leo has to be one of my favorite eps ever.

I understand what you mean, Jester, but it makes sense in a way. I always wondered how The Ancient One knew who Leonardo was when Leo went to train with him. They never introduced themselves formally, so it makes sense that The AO recongized him from that visit.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 04:14 PM   #28
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
How did Yoda recognize Luke?

Just sayin'
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:11 PM   #29
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
How did Yoda recognize Luke?
Obi Wan told Yoda he was coming, duh.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:14 PM   #30
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I always wondered how The Ancient One knew who Leonardo was when Leo went to train with him. They never introduced themselves formally, so it makes sense that The AO recongized him from that visit.
I figured Splinter either sent him a letter snail-mail style, or else met up with him on the Astral Plane, as he is so fond of doing.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:37 PM   #31
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
I love Mothers & Daughters. ^_^

At least the sweet ones... The sweet ones are so sweet.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:12 AM   #32
Vivi
Mad Scientist
 
Vivi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ninja HQ, Moon
Posts: 1,076
I'm watching it right now, it's kinda cute.

I like that Splinter and the Ancient One were reconnected after his mutation and before the Tribunal episodes. It makes sense.

Also, Raph is a brat.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:34 AM   #33
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Of course Raph is a brat. Some kids are at that age.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:39 AM   #34
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Raph's always been a brat. It's due to a little thing called self-control that he doesn't have very much of.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:24 PM   #35
Sword Slicin' Leo
Stone Warrior
 
Sword Slicin' Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: 11th & Bleeker
Posts: 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwamu The Kappa View Post
I'n not a fan either of the kid turtle episodes
Then just don't watch them...there are only so many ideas left
Sword Slicin' Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:54 PM   #36
twopinacoladas
Stone Warrior
 
twopinacoladas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 717
I enjoyed that episode, I'd almost say I like it more than the others from the Ninja Tribunal episodes.

I almost cant stand the other characters Adam, Joi must have been created for toys? Tho I don't know if they actually made those ones. Also that Raph turns into a bladed wheel seemed stupid to me. I think it gets better by the end and after watching it again I actually do like the Ancient One more than when I originally watched it. Its decent as its a long story arch, I don't dislike it as much as I did my first viewing so much now.
twopinacoladas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 02:35 PM   #37
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
I always kind of dug this episode. I mean it was to see the family unit as a whole. It was nice to see. Plus they get their bandana's it was cute.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:52 PM   #38
ABrown
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,831
Fathers And Sons was such a huge continuity error. The episode makes it pretty clear that Splinter knew that Shredder was an utrom. And if he did know, didn't he think that it was something that the turtles needed to know when they were fighting Shredder all those times in the first season? He didn't think that it might be useful to mention to them that: "hey, if you cut off Shredder's head, it not going to kill him."

It's another one of the many reasons that I don't think that it was the creators original intention to make the Shredder an utrom. I think that while the first season was in production, it somehow was decided that they would make the Shredder an utrom. In any event, Fathers And Sons is another one of those cases where it's better not to think about it. It's better to just sit back and enjoy the ride.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:06 PM   #39
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post

It's another one of the many reasons that I don't think that it was the creators original intention to make the Shredder an utrom. I think that while the first season was in production, it somehow was decided that they would make the Shredder an utrom.
Nah, I think all the clues for an Utrom Shredder are there in the first season: The fact that Saki's stomach is never exposed and always mysteriously wrapped in bandages, the centuries-old feud between Shredder & the Utroms referenced in "The Shredder Strikes pt.1," the little Utrom detail at the hilt of the Sword of Tengu, and the fact that the rooftop fight in "Return to New York Pt.3," and the fact that Peter Laird teases a surprise origin twist for the Shredder in the Special Features of the early DVDs. But I suppose you could always ask Peter Laird what the deal was on his TMNT blog.

probably couldn't have concluded any other way than having Shredder beheaded. The Utrom-Shredder reveal was an organic and necessary twist to tie together the Foot Clan and Utrom plots. It also served as a convenient and necessary way for Shredder to get his head chopped off so early in the series.

I do agree that Fathers & Sons is just a colossal blunder by the show's brain trust, though.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:17 PM   #40
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
As far as I recall from talking to a few of the voice actors from the show, they had a "Turtles Bible" prior to season one with plot points of pretty much the entire series planned out, up to what I am assuming was season 5.

So as with all the hints oldmanwinters already pointed out I do believe Ch'rell was planned from the start.
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.