The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2011, 11:23 PM   #141
LeoNerdo
Stone Warrior
 
LeoNerdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 872
Wow, a little bit of effort went into the cover art lol. I am pleasantly surprised
LeoNerdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:43 PM   #142
Chaotix12345
Mad Scientist
 
Chaotix12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,131
Wow, that's actually some pretty cool art! It definitely looks like a bit more effort has been put into the presentation this time around.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:52 PM   #143
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Wow, that cover art is the best of the whole set (not saying much, BTW). They still ripped off the poses from 4Kids stock art (Dooney's stuff, I believe), but they actually redrew everything in a fairly accurate old toon style (outside of the skin tones, of course). It's ironic that they finally made the turtles look that toon accurate... and yet Season 9 is pretty deep into the Red Sky redesign. haha
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:57 PM   #144
AleXviD
Foot Soldier
 
AleXviD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 187
Heck, I even starting to regret I'm not gonna buy it. This cover is really awesome.

PS: Three WOWs in a row? I see I'm not the only impressed.
AleXviD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:51 AM   #145
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Neato. It's not perfect, but it's actually worthy the title of art this time around.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:56 AM   #146
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
The drawing over 2K3 stock art thing is getting kind of old at this point. I like it alright but at least the last set had mostly original artwork. I wish they'd stop coloring them like the 2K3 turtles.

__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 03:26 AM   #147
hudemx
Hench Mutant
 
hudemx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Klagenfurt
Posts: 371
It really looks great!
__________________
German TMNT News Blog:
http://ninjaturtlepower.wordpress.com/
hudemx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:49 AM   #148
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,202
An improvement, but not extremely impressive or anything. Still excited though!
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:10 AM   #149
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
I hope the season 10 cover art rips off the IDW turtles.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:32 AM   #150
Shawn_1978
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
Yeah, I really liked Lord Dregg as a villain. I mean Shredder will forever be the turtles arch nemisis, but Lord Dregg was great (especially with Tony Jay providing his voice).
No other villian will replace Shredder in my heart as my favorite, but I did like Lord Dregg as well. I loved Tony Jay's deep, menacing voice. It fit Dregg to a T.

I have my own opinion about how the original TMNT series should have ended though.

In my opinion, Lord Dregg should have been defeated for good, back in Season 9, with Shredder, Krang, Bebop, and Rocksteady being brought back at the end of the Seaon 9 finale, to have a final showdown with the turtles for the series finale of Season 10.

and although, I loved "The Fresh Prince Of BelAir" I wish it had waited a few more years, so James Avery could have remained as the voice of Shredder in the final seasons. Bill E. Martin did a great job with the role, but his Shredder always sounded constipated to me. They should have stuck with Jim Cummings for the Red Sky seasons as well if they couldn't get Avery back for it.

but what's done is done. All in all, I'm just glad that LionsGate is finally going to get the whole series released. There have been many animated series that have been released that haven't been finished being released due to lack of sales, and I don't want TMNT to be one of them.

If they do any special DVD releases of any of the missing episodes of classic TMNT, it will probably be either when the next TMNT movie comes out or the new animated series begins. Who knows.

also, if they want to include bonus features, i'd like for them to release the TMNT 1987 series soundtrack with all the show's background music, along with the DVDs. Even if the soundtrack album made the price go up, I'd still buy it, because the theme music and all background music from that series is pretty popular on YouTube. You should have seen how many people uploaded their version of the TMNT Fighting Theme after I attempted to do it.

Right now, mine has over 14,000 hits (or close to that) We should also lean on LionsGate to get the cassette tapes of allt he background music and release a soundtrack CD. I for one, would love that.

Last edited by Shawn_1978; 05-30-2011 at 08:47 AM.
Shawn_1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:19 AM   #151
tone-master21
Mad Scientist
 
tone-master21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,152
TVShowsOnDVD also posted the box art:



http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Teenage...Season-9/15442
__________________
tone-master21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:43 AM   #152
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,202
F**king sweet, the spine's actually uniform with season 8. AND we finally get Donatello feaured on a spine. (His slice of season 7 doesn't count, of course).
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:43 PM   #153
deadpoolRKO
Stone Warrior
 
deadpoolRKO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: I can't wait until i can have a custom user title
Posts: 782
That is a really awesome cover art

although idk what kind of wall they're busting through.. makes me think of a wall of cheese
__________________

( TMNT Clothes , DVD's , Accesories , ect. )




Red Bubble ( My Tee Shirt Designs )
deadpoolRKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:03 PM   #154
LeoNerdo
Stone Warrior
 
LeoNerdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpoolRKO View Post
That is a really awesome cover art

although idk what kind of wall they're busting through.. makes me think of a wall of cheese
That's interesting, I initially thought it was bricks. But you're right, it does look like a cheese wall hahaha.
LeoNerdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:16 PM   #155
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Crumbly cheese...
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 02:13 PM   #156
Shawn_1978
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 28
I'm actually impressed by this box art for Season 9. They actually look more like the OT turtles.

The only gripe I have about most of these covers is that they never featured any of the other characters on the cover as well.

It would have been great to see April, Shredder or even Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady featured with the turtles on the DVD covers as well.

But I guess it would have taken up too much room. After all I know they're marketing the turtles, not the villian.

I just think that more could have been done with the earlier seasons box art.
Shawn_1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 02:32 PM   #157
rufus
Stone Warrior
 
rufus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lawrenceville,Georgia
Posts: 780
Looks better than what i was expecting. Kinda amazing that it has made it this far along in releases. Most cartoons don't seem to get finished series releases.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/edgartooms
^TMNT Stopmotions.
rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 03:01 PM   #158
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by rufus View Post
Most cartoons don't seem to get finished series releases.
Dunno about 'most', but that unfortunate trend is 99% Disney's fault.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 03:04 PM   #159
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn_1978 View Post
It would have been great to see April, Shredder or even Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady featured with the turtles on the DVD covers as well.
April was actually on the cover of Season 6.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:30 PM   #160
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
The box is great. I wonder if some casual fans will be disappointed when they find out this season was only 8 episodes and costs
$15.

As a fan I'd buy it for $20 if I had to, but how many average people would folk over for only 8 eps.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.