The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2011, 01:27 PM   #221
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
here's where i'll be buying it:

http://www.hmv.ca/Products/Detail/622624.aspx
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:29 PM   #222
LeoNerdo
Stone Warrior
 
LeoNerdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 872
MSRP is only $14.98 so you can expect it to be less than that at retail. Expect $10 or $11 if you're buying it in a store.
LeoNerdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:57 PM   #223
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
For only 8 episodes with no special features, I sure wouldn't spend more than $10.

Also even if you're not a fan of this season, I suggest everyone buy a copy so we get Season 10 eventually.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:03 PM   #224
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う
 
Master Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
For only 8 episodes with no special features, I sure wouldn't spend more than $10.

Also even if you're not a fan of this season, I suggest everyone buy a copy so we get Season 10 eventually.
I concur Mr. Hexahedron. More sales could mean a season 10.

-ms
__________________
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:06 PM   #225
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
Well we got this far, not to see Season 10 would be a crime. I'm sure they'll put all 8 episodes on it too (ignoring the fact that some were on the Season 1 disc already).

I just wish there were some way to get Planet of the Turtleoids and Once upon a time machine included on the Season 10 DVD as bonus eps.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:13 PM   #226
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
I'd pay 15 whatever. What's a few extra dollars honestly? The fact we're getting it at all is nice enough. Now I only hope they do a series set when they finish dragging out these DVD releases.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:16 PM   #227
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
I'd pay 15 whatever. What's a few extra dollars honestly? The fact we're getting it at all is nice enough. Now I only hope they do a series set when they finish dragging out these DVD releases.
I can't ever see Lionsgate re-releasing the series again. Maybe if another company or Nick purchases the old toon.

At most Lionsgate will probably make the series available digitally, but not more DVD releases.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:42 PM   #228
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
They released all of Will and Grace in season sets and then a boxset at the end. I wouldn't rule out the possibility. Honestly I wish Time Life got their hands on Turtles instead. They did a good Ghostbusters set. I think turtles easily deserved that treatment.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:19 PM   #229
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Well we got this far, not to see Season 10 would be a crime. I'm sure they'll put all 8 episodes on it too (ignoring the fact that some were on the Season 1 disc already).

I just wish there were some way to get Planet of the Turtleoids and Once upon a time machine included on the Season 10 DVD as bonus eps.
i'm hopin same as u that all the remaining eps not released on dvd get released. don't know how much longer that Planet of the Turtleoids VHS will hold up


Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I can't ever see Lionsgate re-releasing the series again. Maybe if another company or Nick purchases the old toon.

At most Lionsgate will probably make the series available digitally, but not more DVD releases.
got i hope they wouldn't go digital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
They released all of Will and Grace in season sets and then a boxset at the end. I wouldn't rule out the possibility. Honestly I wish Time Life got their hands on Turtles instead. They did a good Ghostbusters set. I think turtles easily deserved that treatment.
yeah, i have that GB set and it's awesome
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:49 PM   #230
Chaotix12345
Mad Scientist
 
Chaotix12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,131
Just pre-ordered my copy off of Amazon! Can't wait until next week!
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:02 PM   #231
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Season 9 is Hardcore!

Judging by this DVDs description on the Wal-Mart website, TMNT Season 9 is gonna boast some seriously mature and edgy content!



I guess that Red Sky overhaul really did succeed in gearing the show more towards older viewers, eh?

__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:24 PM   #232
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Judging by this DVDs description on the Wal-Mart website, TMNT Season 9 is gonna boast some seriously mature and edgy content!

Spoiler:


I guess that Red Sky overhaul really did succeed in gearing the show more towards older viewers, eh?

Well played, my friend. Once this is released we'll have another season to comment on.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:13 PM   #233
Chaotix12345
Mad Scientist
 
Chaotix12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,131
James Harvey from Toonzone has posted some scans of the disc and packaging as well as a look at the menus.

Really love that the Turtles' mutated forms appear on the back.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:25 PM   #234
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Remind me if I've missed the news, but it is confirmed that this season will be available in Wal-Mart retail stores? The website has it for preorder but it is listed as "Not Sold In Stores." Other upcoming DVDs like Batman: Year One are described differently.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:27 PM   #235
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Remind me if I've missed the news, but it is confirmed that this season will be available in Wal-Mart retail stores? The website has it for preorder but it is listed as "Not Sold In Stores." Other upcoming DVDs like Batman: Year One are described differently.
NOOO!!!
I mean I could order online, but I prefer to actually pick it up in a brick and mortar.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:58 PM   #236
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Why is it so hard for people to place an order on Amazon? If you have Prime (and if you don't, you can probably get a free trial), it ships for free and you'll get it on the release date.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:59 PM   #237
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Why is it so hard for people to place an order on Amazon? If you have Prime (and if you don't, you can probably get a free trial), it ships for free and you'll get it on the release date.
Are you on the take, Rose?
That was a very ringing endorsement!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:04 PM   #238
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Why is it so hard for people to place an order on Amazon? If you have Prime (and if you don't, you can probably get a free trial), it ships for free and you'll get it on the release date.
There's just something about looking and finding it, I guess.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:13 PM   #239
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Are you on the take, Rose?
That was a very ringing endorsement!
Hah, I wish! But a new (stupid) CA law means I can't get Amazon referral fees no matter how highly I speak of them or spam you with referral links.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:11 AM   #240
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
Why would this not be sold in stores when every previous DVD was? I'm sure I saw the other DVDs at Walmart at some point or another.

I've usually bought my DVDs from Target/Best Buy/Toys R Us though.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.