The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2011, 07:40 PM   #301
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Yeah, as far as I know it's all the same...just distributed by Maple.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:49 PM   #302
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist
 
Shreddhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
That's what I was hoping for. Doubt it will happen, but that'd be an ideal release.
ditto, I'd buy that in a heartbeat. I cant remember the last time i saw once upon a time machine
__________________

Shreddhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:20 AM   #303
AleXviD
Foot Soldier
 
AleXviD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 187
TMNT_Master, Jester, thanks guys.
AleXviD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:08 AM   #304
Chaotix12345
Mad Scientist
 
Chaotix12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,131
Just got my copy in the mail along with Batman: The Brave and the Bold Season 2 Part 1. Time for some heavy duty watching!
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:06 PM   #305
Storm Eagle
Saved by
 
Storm Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Just ordered it on deepdiscountdvd.com, it was only $10.49 total with shipping.
I ordered mine from DVD Pacific, which is about ten cents cheaper than where you got it. I rented it from Netflix first though, and watched it all on the same day I got it from Netflix (which was Tuesday).
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 12:11 AM   #306
darklight
Mouser
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8
i rather just download it from the internet then to pay more money for dvds when you can get them for free

besides the only tmnt i really like was the old school ones

it took me a while to start to like the other that came after it

and i hated the last ones they made

much like the power rangers the first was awesome and the second but after a while it just got a bit stupid same with sonic also
darklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 12:19 AM   #307
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklight View Post
i rather just download it from the internet then to pay more money for dvds when you can get them for free

besides the only tmnt i really like was the old school ones

it took me a while to start to like the other that came after it

and i hated the last ones they made

much like the power rangers the first was awesome and the second but after a while it just got a bit stupid same with sonic also
Um...what?
There are only 3 series, the Fred Wolf series (which is often broken down by fans as seasons 1-7 and the red Sky seasons of 8-10), the live action Next Mutation by Saban the Power Rangers people, and the 4kids series.

Also...talk of downloading things like this can be taken with a dim view...tread carefully.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:07 PM   #308
themaxonline
Hench Mutant
 
themaxonline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT_Master View Post
I believe the only difference is the packaging. The US version had the 3D Raphael face popping out of the box and this Canadian version just has a standard DVD box. As far as I can tell the content is the same..
I got mine in Canada, living here I had to, and we got the 3D box too. I remember when it first came out people here had mentioned how they just through out the outer box because of how awkward it made their DVD shelves look. I kept mine but other than that, my row of DVDs looks just like that except I have the individual season 7 DVDs.

I also want to take a photo like that just because of how awkward awesome it looks!

Last edited by themaxonline; 08-24-2011 at 08:21 PM.
themaxonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:37 AM   #309
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
I kept my "3D Raph" from Season 4, but it's not on the set right now. Kept it if I ever got rid of ....yeah, like I'd part with a TMNT DVD....
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:45 AM   #310
tone-master21
Mad Scientist
 
tone-master21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,152
Finally got my DVD in the mail today.
__________________
tone-master21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:45 PM   #311
LeoNerdo
Stone Warrior
 
LeoNerdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I kept my "3D Raph" from Season 4, but it's not on the set right now. Kept it if I ever got rid of ....yeah, like I'd part with a TMNT DVD....
I did the same thing. Think I threw it in another box somewhere. His nose is just TOO unnecessarily huge to fit on the shelf with all the other dvds.
LeoNerdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 04:52 PM   #312
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
picked this up during my holidays last week! can't wait to sit down and watch
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:15 PM   #313
AK_Mikey_Fan
Thug
 
AK_Mikey_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Alaska
Posts: 73
I just picked up my copy at Wal-Mart yesterday for 10 bucks. Im currently enjoying it right now!
AK_Mikey_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:58 PM   #314
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
just watched it all last night and i loved it! never saw any of the eps before so i'm thinking that around my area the show stopped airing. doesn't matter though, i love the way the Turtles look in this season
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:35 PM   #315
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,684
I'm enjoying it so far. Seeing how much more serious things are, the way they seem to cram so many situations in one episode, and how everything is connected like an actual story arc... it's too bad the Turtles were never allowed to actually fight. I know they went the Red Sky route to compete with the other darker shows... but had the Turtles stopped throwing sais around and tripping people up and actually bust out some awesome martial arts moves.... it would have done a world of difference. And no, I don't mean more violence... just more ninjitsu than just the occassional jumpkick....

It seemed Carter did more fighting things than the Turtles themselves...? Perhaps cause he fought hand to hand while the guys had to resort to throwing their weapons all the time? But yeah, the animation was kinda sucky at times... so I guess they wouldn't be able to properly animate fluid martial arts fighting...
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:39 PM   #316
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
I wouldn't say the animation was sucky, the company they used to do the art for this season wasn't very good. Which gave us very poor quality art.
Things go back to normal next season.
Growing up I always wondered why this season looked so different from the others.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:42 PM   #317
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,809
Yeah, they should have kept the Season 8 style of animation.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:53 PM   #318
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
i dunno, i like the look of season 9
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:24 PM   #319
bonziebonzie
New Recruit
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2
Smile ..

i got the dvd and the new comic
bonziebonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:08 AM   #320
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
Season 9 having a unique animation style, is totally news to me. Interesting....

I am aware that seasons 8-10 adopt the "Red Sky" style, but could someone clear up the difference between seasons 8 and 9?
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.