The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2011, 10:41 PM   #61
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
I'm definitely going to watch it online.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:19 PM   #62
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
www.caseyjonesthemovie.com

Tonight at Midnight (central time) this will be online for your viewing pleasure. Who's watching?!

I know I'll be tuning in!
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:20 PM   #63
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Giving this bad boy a bump 'cause tonights the night it's up for us fans!

www.caseyjonesthemovie.com

Tonight at Midnight (central time) this will be online for your viewing pleasure. Who's watching?!

I know I'll be tuning in!
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:30 PM   #64
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Ah sweet! September 18 sure did sneak up on me!

EDIT:

Dagnabbit, it's midnight CENTRAL time. I guess waiting an extra hour won't hurt.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:36 PM   #65
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Is this feature length? I'll probably have to wait until I get home to watch it...or try to download it for future viewing.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:40 PM   #66
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I think it's about 40 mins long in its entirety. There won't be a download link provided but if you have the right software...
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:45 PM   #67
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
www.caseyjonesthemovie.com

Tonight at Midnight (central time) this will be online for your viewing pleasure. Who's watching?!

I know I'll be tuning in!
Hopefully it will be live within the next 15 minutes!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:59 PM   #68
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
It's now LIVE!

Ya-hoo!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:08 PM   #69
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Yes, but without a full screen option! Bah!
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:14 PM   #70
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Yes, but without a full screen option! Bah!
Seriously!

I couldn't believe there wasn't a full-screen (or even 2x larger) option!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:35 PM   #71
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Just watched the preview, which is also an ad for the soundtrack. I wonder if the "soundtrack" includes the cleaned up bits of the John Du Prez score...it's in trailer.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:55 PM   #72
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
I guess I'll post my thoughts over in the Fan Works thread:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...657#post876657
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:56 PM   #73
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
My thoughts (copied & pasted from facebook)-

I just finished it. What I've always wanted to see was a TMNT film made by Troma. I don't know if any of you are familiar with them, but they make shlocky gore flicks with cheap costumes, it's just pure snuff (but it rules). Anyway, this totally seemed like just that; a TMNT Troma film. Light on convo, heavy on senseless violence and dirtbaggery. Loved it. The dude who voiced Donny was on point, eh!? It was so rad. I love how they made Mikey's eyes glow as if in Mirage, and having Mr. Rist there for the ride was awesome. Though I am curious if he was purposefully trying to sound unlike he did in the previous turtle films, or if he just forgot how Mikey sounded... Either way, it worked for the film. AND HOLY **** AT THE SPECIAL GUEST.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:01 AM   #74
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I guess I'll post my thoughts over in the Fan Works thread:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...657#post876657
I've beaten ya to the punch! Looking forward to seein' what all of y'all think of it.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:04 AM   #75
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Watched it!

Initial Thoughts:
Spoiler:

Really nice filmography (I say that as one untrained in the ways of the art, of course). It's amazing how short it felt at the end of the day. The pacing is really quick.

The worst part about the movie is probably the Mikey costume, which I hate to say because it looked like it probably took the most time and effort to make. It's a great fan costume, but the film itself looked so great that the Mikey costume really reminded you this wasn't an official movie. Still, that costume really did lend itself to very fluid movement. I was seriously impressed by the actor/actors who brought Mikey to life through motion. Also...
Spoiler:
Robbie Rist!!!


April ended up having a bigger screen presence in the film than I expected, and I thought they used her well to advance the narrative and set the atmosphere. That yellow jumpsuit looks hilarious in a realistic setting, but I appreciate it nonetheless. Also... Casey watches April on 3 TVs... simultaneously? That guy really has a crush on her!

Fight choreography was great, although I couldn't help but think Casey killed or seriously handicapped a LOT of people. Especially that young punk who experienced his golf swing. The filmmakers self-censored most of the blood and gore by having most of the serious hits occur off-screen. Still, it's a little bit disturbing to imagine what actually happened. A sledge-hammer to a guy's skull? Yeah... In the real world where actions have consequences, Casey Jones belongs in jail, no doubt!

The voice actors for Leo, Raph, and Don did a great job mimicking the pros from the first movie. I'd say just about all the dubbing was great. Cousin Sid's actor seemed to be going for a forced North Eastern (or... Canadian?) accent which came out pretty hokey in the hockey rink scene.

And...
Spoiler:
KRANG!!!! No way!




All that to say... I would very much like a sequel to this. Please!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:08 AM   #76
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I've beaten ya to the punch! Looking forward to seein' what all of y'all think of it.
Powder, you have just spoiled the best part of the movie with your profile pic!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:12 AM   #77
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Powder, you have just spoiled the best part of the movie with your profile pic!
I don't think people would've made that connection but since you've now given its source away I kind of have to change it.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:15 AM   #78
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist
 
Cryomancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,090
Just an FYI: http://www.caseyjonesthemovie.com/vi...es_700kbps.flv
__________________

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:16 AM   #79
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I don't think people would've made that connection but since you've now given its source away I kind of have to change it.
Good man!


Now no one will be the wiser.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:20 AM   #80
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Man, I'm really gonna have to watch this when I get home...sounds awesome.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
casey jones, fan film


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.