The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2011, 11:05 PM   #61
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Can't wait for the next one
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:06 AM   #62
rich
Mad Scientist
 
rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 1,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich View Post
Just saw that the Limited Edition I ordered from IDW arrived today. I haven't had the chance to open it up yet but the box looks to be in decent shape. I'll follow up later once it's opened up to let you know the state of things inside.
Forgot to write back and update on this...

the book arrived in perfect shape, wrapped in bubble wrap with some paper around it. I would have liked it to be in a plastic sleeve given its cost but I'm happy with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolturtlesfan View Post
Is anybody else surprised that these are still in stock?
No, not with people still paying over $100 on eBay for them.

Archon, was that your auction? Just wondering because that's the picture you used in your post about your LBCC copy.
__________________

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:22 AM   #63
oldschoolturtlesfan
Thug
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 57
No, not with people still paying over $100 on eBay for them.

What do you mean no? That Ebay auction goes with my point. If they are selling for $100 on an auction site, it is surprising they are still in stock for retail from the publisher. With a limited run of 250 to 300 one would assume they would be sold out given how well the book is selling. You would at least think some Ebay seller would buy multiple copies to try and make a buck off the fans that still think that these were only available at the Con.
oldschoolturtlesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:39 AM   #64
rich
Mad Scientist
 
rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 1,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolturtlesfan View Post
What do you mean no?
You asked, "Is anyone still surprised that these are still in stock?" I answered "no" because people are buying them on eBay instead of the IDW site. In other words, "I am not surprised these are still in stock given that people aren't going to IDW and are instead going to eBay." That's what I mean by "no"...and I do not see or understand your argument.
__________________

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:17 PM   #65
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
You know, it honestly never ceases to amaze me that people will go for the easiest (and typically always higher priced) source for something "hard to find" rather than going to the most direct source for said thing.
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:05 PM   #66
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich View Post
Forgot to write back and update on this...

the book arrived in perfect shape, wrapped in bubble wrap with some paper around it. I would have liked it to be in a plastic sleeve given its cost but I'm happy with it.



No, not with people still paying over $100 on eBay for them.

Archon, was that your auction? Just wondering because that's the picture you used in your post about your LBCC copy.
No, that isn't my auction. What a **** face. I'm reporting him.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:34 PM   #67
rich
Mad Scientist
 
rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 1,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
No, that isn't my auction. What a **** face. I'm reporting him.
Man, that sucks...happens a lot though unfortunately.
__________________

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:03 PM   #68
oldschoolturtlesfan
Thug
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich View Post
You asked, "Is anyone still surprised that these are still in stock?" I answered "no" because people are buying them on eBay instead of the IDW site. In other words, "I am not surprised these are still in stock given that people aren't going to IDW and are instead going to eBay." That's what I mean by "no"...and I do not see or understand your argument.

Even if they are buying them from Ebay, 250-300 is not a big supply. I would think that these would be sold by now. You don't understand this? I mean Amazon even sold out of the regular edition fairly quick. They have more in stock now, but I can assure you they have sold more than 300. It just surprises me that such a limited run is still available, given all of the hardcore TMNT collectors.
oldschoolturtlesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:05 PM   #69
oldschoolturtlesfan
Thug
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
You know, it honestly never ceases to amaze me that people will go for the easiest (and typically always higher priced) source for something "hard to find" rather than going to the most direct source for said thing.
I am with you on this one. Why not at least put a little research into it and find the best price.
oldschoolturtlesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:41 PM   #70
rich
Mad Scientist
 
rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 1,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolturtlesfan View Post
Even if they are buying them from Ebay, 250-300 is not a big supply. I would think that these would be sold by now. You don't understand this? I mean Amazon even sold out of the regular edition fairly quick. They have more in stock now, but I can assure you they have sold more than 300. It just surprises me that such a limited run is still available, given all of the hardcore TMNT collectors.
Wow dude, all I'm saying is that I don't understand why you're arguing with me. You asked a question and I replied with an answer. Next time let us know what answer you'd like to receive in advance, OK?
__________________

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:54 PM   #71
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Rich's point was that the people buying the books on eBay are idiots who don't know you can get the book direct from IDW. No need to go off on anyone.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:07 PM   #72
oldschoolturtlesfan
Thug
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich View Post
Wow dude, all I'm saying is that I don't understand why you're arguing with me. You asked a question and I replied with an answer. Next time let us know what answer you'd like to receive in advance, OK?
Not trying to argue dude, or get an answer I wanted to hear. You responded to my question with your answer. That is fine, I then responded back letting you know why I had an opinion different then yours. I guess when I typed, "What do you mean no," you took that as being confrontational and took it on yourself to reply sarcastically with the cute little roll eyes icon. Sometimes typed words get misconstrued or taken out of context. Anyway, I feel lucky to have been able to get the variant at a good price. Keep up the good work IDW.
oldschoolturtlesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:10 PM   #73
oldschoolturtlesfan
Thug
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Rich's point was that the people buying the books on eBay are idiots who don't know you can get the book direct from IDW. No need to go off on anyone.

Not trying to go off on anyone. I just need to work on my typing etiquette. Reading back on my post I did sound a little hostile and I apologize for that. It was not my intent.
oldschoolturtlesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:17 PM   #74
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
Hey, what was the difference between the limited edition and the reg edition?
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:12 PM   #75
rich
Mad Scientist
 
rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 1,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Hey, what was the difference between the limited edition and the reg edition?
The cover. Seriously, that's it.
__________________

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:36 PM   #76
rich
Mad Scientist
 
rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 1,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolturtlesfan View Post
Not trying to go off on anyone. I just need to work on my typing etiquette. Reading back on my post I did sound a little hostile and I apologize for that. It was not my intent.
No worries...I retract my rolly-eyed smiley and replace with
__________________

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:19 PM   #77
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
You know, it honestly never ceases to amaze me that people will go for the easiest (and typically always higher priced) source for something "hard to find" rather than going to the most direct source for said thing.
It amazes me that the person trying to rip these people off is one of our very own. C'mon.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TMNT-Mutant-...item23178a18f2
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:08 PM   #78
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
It amazes me that the person trying to rip these people off is one of our very own. C'mon.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TMNT-Mutant-...item23178a18f2
I'm not surprised. I'm pretty sure he does that with every TMNT book.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:11 PM   #79
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
It's so rare it just came out. I like how it's more then his collected book 7 he has listed which is pretty rare.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:22 AM   #80
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist
 
Redrumh2o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,907
Do you think there will be variants of the other volumes??
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.