The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2012, 08:40 PM   #1
Stingray69
Stone Warrior
 
Stingray69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 916
Tmnt forever

Ok so I was just thinking about tmnt forever and I had a few questions.

First one, why dint they use the nm turtles?

Second, what would it have been like if they did?

Last, do you think you would have enjoyed it as much, more or less?
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:09 PM   #2
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Are you seriously asking why? Do you realize how much work would be involved?
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:39 PM   #3
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
TNM was all Kevin's doing. Laird wouldn't touch it if he wanted... which he probably couldn't possibly be paid enough to want.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:22 AM   #4
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
If it was all Kevin's doing why are there pics of Laird on set with a huge smile on his face?
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:35 AM   #5
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,378
People were beaming with joy on the set of Batman and Robin too...
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:59 AM   #6
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Because Laird wasn't a fan of Venus and probably didn't want to ruin the show with that. Plus, he knew that a lot of fans didn't like NM. If they had been there, I would probably not like it unless it was just a small cameo. I wasn't a fan of NM.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:51 AM   #7
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
People were beaming with joy on the set of Batman and Robin too...
Well exactly. It's easy to say something sucked and you hated it after it's already come out and the general consensus is that it's horrible.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:19 PM   #8
ABrown
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,831
Was there an image of that version of the turtles among all of the others?
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:19 PM   #9
Stingray69
Stone Warrior
 
Stingray69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Are you seriously asking why? Do you realize how much work would be involved?
I dont see why it would have been that much more work. Even if they just animated them for a minute or two.

I dont believe they even showed them when the shredder had the turtles chained up and all the turtle universes where been shown.

I know a lot of people dont like nm but it was a part of there history. Kind of felt like we got cheated by them not showing them.
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:34 PM   #10
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
The Next Mutation Turtles weren't even shown in the "Multi-verse" pictures they showed.
'Nuff said.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:49 PM   #11
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
why weren't the Christmas special turtles there, or the CootS Turtles...
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:00 PM   #12
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
Now I'm just picturing the Mirage Turtles meeting the CootS Turtles and I had a good laugh!
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:19 PM   #13
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
Now I'm just picturing the Mirage Turtles meeting the CootS Turtles and I had a good laugh!
Haha! That would be awesome!!
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:30 PM   #14
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray69 View Post
I know a lot of people dont like nm but it was a part of there history. Kind of felt like we got cheated by them not showing them.
Who's "we"? I'm glad those failiures werent shown. They shouldnt be considered a part of the canon.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:40 PM   #15
Stingray69
Stone Warrior
 
Stingray69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 916
We the fans.

Like I said I relies most don't like them, but there still a part of the history and lore that is tmnt. I mean when we write history books they don't leave out the parts that may not show humans in the best of ways. So why leave of a part of tmnt history?
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:38 PM   #16
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray69 View Post
We the fans.

Like I said I relies most don't like them, but there still a part of the history and lore that is tmnt. I mean when we write history books they don't leave out the parts that may not show humans in the best of ways. So why leave of a part of tmnt history?
It's a freaking TV show. Who cares (besides you)?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:22 PM   #17
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
It's a freaking TV show. Who cares (besides you)?
So, you have a differing opinion. Get over it, already. Harping on it gets you nowhere except on people's nerves.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:02 PM   #18
Stingray69
Stone Warrior
 
Stingray69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
It's a freaking TV show. Who cares (besides you)?
I just wanted to see if there was a real reason why they left the nm out.
And if any one had thoughts on what it would of being like with them.

No crap it's a tv show in the same note I could say the turtles are made up so who cares about them. And You must becuase your on this forum. So why harp on me for wanting to know others thoughts on the matter?
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:46 PM   #19
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray69 View Post
I just wanted to see if there was a real reason why they left the nm out.
I think that the official reason is Peter Laird doesn't like that series...at all. I mean, wants it buried for all eternity.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:50 PM   #20
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,208
Hm, the writers really could have laid into that set of turtles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Who's "we"? I'm glad those failiures werent shown. They shouldnt be considered a part of the canon.
You have a faulty understanding of the word "canon".
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.