The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2012, 12:07 AM   #21
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
Leonardo impaling Splinter in the dream in the Season 3 ep with Angel, then Karai stabbing Leo in Season 4.

This show really got away with a LOT when you stop to think about it. Its pretty damn funny the way they got away with this on a Saturday morning show.

It makes me wonder if this is why the show had to be toned down during FF and BTTS.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:54 AM   #22
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Leonardo impaling Splinter in the dream in the Season 3 ep with Angel, then Karai stabbing Leo in Season 4.

This show really got away with a LOT when you stop to think about it. Its pretty damn funny the way they got away with this on a Saturday morning show.

It makes me wonder if this is why the show had to be toned down during FF and BTTS.
I doubt that the show wasnt that bad. Hell one of the main characters in Young Justice is going to die, and also Dragon Ball Z was nothing but nudist.....and Batman TAS was dark than 2k3 I think it really didnt get away with much, but I am still trying to figure out why they didnt allow Insane to the membrane....
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:00 AM   #23
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
I doubt that the show wasnt that bad. Hell one of the main characters in Young Justice is going to die, and also Dragon Ball Z was nothing but nudist.....and Batman TAS was dark than 2k3 I think it really didnt get away with much, but I am still trying to figure out why they didnt allow Insane to the membrane....
YJ is a cable show.
Only the un-edited Dragon Ball (Z) has nudity.
I don't remember Batman:TAS being that dark...well... I don't remember anyone dieing, anyway.
4kid's TMNT has some shocking on-screen moments. Stuff that I'm surprised got past the censors.

As for Insane in the Membrane I'm sure the reason it was "banned' was this.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:38 AM   #24
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
then Karai stabbing Leo in Season 4.
Don't you mean the season 3 finale? That scene was totally neutered... I hate it.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #25
Galactus
Foot Elite
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
I doubt that the show wasnt that bad. Hell one of the main characters in Young Justice is going to die, and also Dragon Ball Z was nothing but nudist.....and Batman TAS was dark than 2k3 I think it really didnt get away with much, but I am still trying to figure out why they didnt allow Insane to the membrane....
It was darkly styled but didn't really do anything that daring compared to 2k3.

I vaguely remember a story, I'm not sure how true it is about how the writers of the Justice League and Justice League Unlimited show would rationalise some stuff Standards and Practices would have a problem with by point "well the Ninja Turtles just did this so why can't do this".
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.