The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2012, 11:48 PM   #201
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
You know reading CyberCubed's rants only makes me start to assume more and more that Michael Bay didn't have a flipping clue what the heck he was talking about.
I think everyone just hopes Michael Bay is an idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about. Because if otherwise....GOOD GOD.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:53 PM   #202
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
It's you're "Would Viacom really make a change this big and unwarranted?" question that makes me think the answer is, "No, they wouldn't. That's be totally stupid."
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:01 AM   #203
Slap-Happy
Bad Boy
 
Slap-Happy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaFan87 View Post
That's the official Viacom blog. Viacom owns Paramount. So, if he says that the movie is simply called "Ninja Turtles" then there has to be some truth behind it.
Even so, the blogger is an outsider. He is not involved with the movie. He's writing only from what he saw at the presentation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaFan
Yeah, but the word "mutation" was in the title.
Wow, I'm retarted.
Slap-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:04 AM   #204
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap-Happy View Post
Even so, the blogger is an outsider. He is not involved with the movie. He's writing only from what he saw at the presentation.
This was the way I saw that blog post too. Like just some guy throwing out what he thought about what he saw. It didn't seem like he had any secret information or knowledge just an opinion.
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:09 AM   #205
Slap-Happy
Bad Boy
 
Slap-Happy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
This was the way I saw that blog post too. Like just some guy throwing out what he thought about what he saw. It didn't seem like he had any secret information or knowledge just an opinion.
Yeah, sort of like a description of a Con panel or something.
Slap-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:13 AM   #206
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap-Happy View Post
Yeah, sort of like a description of a Con panel or something.
I mean does anyone even know if this guy actually works for Viacom, or is he just some freelancer they hired to do a write up for the event. There's still too many "what-ifs" here. I need concrete proof before I will commit to my emotions on what they are doing!
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:13 AM   #207
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296

Oh, sooo much neck beard!
NSFW language...and neck beard.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:24 AM   #208
Leonardo87
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Columbus Indiana
Posts: 688
I want to mention that if it's just called 'Ninja Turtles' I am down with it; did anyone know that Kevin was the one who wanted that named but Pete added 'Teenage Mutant' to add to the flow/rhythm?
Leonardo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:28 AM   #209
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
The more I hear about this alien thing the more I get upset!

Why did that have to be the only thing he said practically? Like Andrew said, he doesn't drop much, but he drops that they are from an alien race...gahhh.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:29 AM   #210
PizzaFan87
Thug
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap-Happy View Post
Even so, the blogger is an outsider. He is not involved with the movie. He's writing only from what he saw at the presentation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
This was the way I saw that blog post too. Like just some guy throwing out what he thought about what he saw. It didn't seem like he had any secret information or knowledge just an opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
I mean does anyone even know if this guy actually works for Viacom, or is he just some freelancer they hired to do a write up for the event.
I don't think Viacom would want false or misleading information to come from their camp. If the title "Ninja Turtles" was incorrect they would have posted a correction. So, as it stands, that's most likely the title.
PizzaFan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:39 AM   #211
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaFan87 View Post
I don't think Viacom would want false or misleading information to come from their camp. If the title "Ninja Turtles" was incorrect they would have posted a correction. So, as it stands, that's most likely the title.
Using that logic, they'd correct Bay if the turtles weren't "from an alien race".


__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:08 AM   #212
raphaelprime
Hench Mutant
 
raphaelprime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Caniac Nation, NC
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaFan87 View Post
I don't think Viacom would want false or misleading information to come from their camp. If the title "Ninja Turtles" was incorrect they would have posted a correction. So, as it stands, that's most likely the title.
Title could be anything at this point. Movies, just like shows and cartoons, go through multiple names before being released. So at this point, it could be simply called "Ninja Turtles" but when released actually be called "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: (whatever)"

As for the alien race news, i'm not buying into it. I think it's just misinformation. Bay's involved, Paramount/Viacom is involved, i say they're just treating it like Transformers 2 and 3. I mean, Bay said Megatron wouldn't be in Revenge of the Fallen.
__________________
"Welcome to the south, plan to lose in our house, GoCanes, Carolina is back, and we're all Caniacs, GoCanes, We want more, shutout score, let's go Ward, GoCanes"....the new and improved version of Clapton's classic Cocaine


Courtesy of Sliced...Thanks Sliced.
raphaelprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:13 AM   #213
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphaelprime View Post
As for the alien race news, I'm not buying into it. I think it's just misinformation. Bay's involved, Paramount/Viacom is involved, i say they're just treating it like Transformers 2 and 3. I mean, Bay said Megatron wouldn't be in Revenge of the Fallen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
During production, Bay attempted to create a misinformation campaign to increase debate over what Transformers would be appearing in the film, as well as to try to throw fans off from the story of the film. However, Orci confessed it had generally not been working. The studio went as far as to censor MTV and Comic Book Resources interviews with Mowry and Furman, who confirmed Arcee and The Fallen would be in the picture. Bay told Empire that Megatron would not be resurrected, claiming his new tank form was a toy-only character, only for Orci to confirm Megatron would return in the film in February 2009. Bay also claimed he faked the leaking of daily call sheets from the first week of filming, that revealed Ramón Rodríguez's casting, and the appearance of Jetfire and the twins.
Well what do you know...thanks Prime.




EDIT: been reading the IMDB forum about this, and someone brings up a good point if these turtles are from an alien race, like Bay said, then what the heck does that mean for Splinter?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656

Last edited by Jester; 03-19-2012 at 02:26 AM.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:53 AM   #214
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
been reading the IMDB forum about this, and someone brings up a good point if these turtles are from an alien race, like Bay said, then what the heck does that mean for Splinter?
I brought that up here a couple days ago. Not that I'm freaking out, because I doubt they'd leave Splinter out of a TMNT movie... but if they did, I'd never ever watch it.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:58 AM   #215
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist
 
Oculus Orbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,535
This retard has written an article on The Guardian, wich is one the biggest papers over here. It's plain stupid and the guy desn't know jack about the TMNT, but that thing is gonna be read by a lot of people.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:14 AM   #216
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I'm not going to panic just yet. I say we wait and see. To me, it sounds as though Bay is misleading us into thinking that the Turtles are going to be from an alien planet, so I'd calm down, folks. Though if Splinter is axed from the movie, you can bet I'll be steamed.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:22 AM   #217
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!
 
Luzmagica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spain.
Posts: 3,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oculus Orbus View Post
This retard has written an article on The Guardian, wich is one the biggest papers over here. It's plain stupid and the guy desn't know jack about the TMNT, but that thing is gonna be read by a lot of people.
I was to post about Im not going to be scared about previous info/news....maybe they only want controversia/discuss...as publicity/advertising of the Movie....but.....That article....is....scaring....itself.....!
__________________
Luzmagica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:42 AM   #218
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oculus Orbus View Post
This retard has written an article on The Guardian, wich is one the biggest papers over here. It's plain stupid and the guy desn't know jack about the TMNT, but that thing is gonna be read by a lot of people.
I don't get what your talking about. I didn't see anything wrong in that article.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:13 AM   #219
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist
 
Oculus Orbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
I don't get what your talking about. I didn't see anything wrong in that article.
The Turtle in the picture is Mike, not Raph; the film series didn't "quickly descend into CGI irrelevancies", it took 17 years; the turtles didn't "came about because they were exposed to radioactive material", it was actually an alien ooze in their first incarnation.

And then, you've got things like:

Quote:
The original cartoons are almost unwatchably jerky.
Well, whatever.

I'm glad this alien thing is getting negative publicity, but I just find the whole article awful.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:23 AM   #220
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Granted the ooze is often called radioactive waste even on wikipedia and tmntpedia. And Kevin Eastman called it radioactive ooze.

Last edited by Xav; 03-22-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
live action films


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.