The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 08:54 AM   #261
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Kevin is the one that's often open to risky new ideas, so I wouldnt be surprised if he backed the alien thing.
True that...
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:12 AM   #262
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,396
Kevin is thrilled to be a part of any new/current TMNT goings-on post-sale and isn't the kind of guy that's ever going to be doing any boat rocking. I don't like how at times he seems to be used as a figurehead for, "B-b-but see, we have Kevin right here! With us! What we're doing can't be bullsh*t!"
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:36 AM   #263
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,791
Kevin is the same person who approved of Venus for the Next Mutation and allowed the IDW writers to have the Turtles be reincarnated from Yoshi's sons.

Its obvious that Kevin isn't a die-hard traditionalist like Peter is and is more open to writers constantly changing things about the TMNT franchise.

Honestly for all the complaining some of you do about Peter Laird, you have to respect the man for wanting his vision not to be screwed up. He approved things like Utrom Shredder so it seems that when he thinks an idea is possibly good he'll go for it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:43 AM   #264
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Honestly for all the complaining some of you do about Peter Laird, you have to respect the man for wanting his vision not to be screwed up. He approved things like Utrom Shredder so it seems that when he thinks an idea is possibly good he'll go for it.
Pete also approved things like the Justice Force, the Ninja Tribunal season, the "super turtles", and April being a Kirby drawing.

Take him off the pedestal.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:46 AM   #265
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Pete also approved things like the Justice Force, the Ninja Tribunal season, the "super turtles", and April being a Kirby drawing.

Take him off the pedestal.
I just have to laugh at the fact that after years of people internet yelling about Peter, now they are doing something similar to Kevin.

__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:47 AM   #266
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Pete also approved things like the Justice Force, the Ninja Tribunal season, the "super turtles", and April being a Kirby drawing.

Take him off the pedestal.
The Super Turtles was just a silly one-off thing for both the comics and the show so it can be forgiven. The Justice Force I imagine has always been there based on PL's love for corny superheros.

I'll agree with you on April being a drawing though. I liked the Ninja Tribunal season, (even if the human acolytes were essentially pointless), so I can't agree with you there.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:05 PM   #267
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Kevin is thrilled to be a part of any new/current TMNT goings-on post-sale and isn't the kind of guy that's ever going to be doing any boat rocking. I don't like how at times he seems to be used as a figurehead for, "B-b-but see, we have Kevin right here! With us! What we're doing can't be bullsh*t!"
This. Hence my saying if it were his project alone, I'd have more faith. Most of his past solo work was street oriented. Gritty.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:25 PM   #268
longbowhunter
Random Punk
 
longbowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Deep in the Turtle-Cave
Posts: 39
I'm sorry,but if this movie is going to feature Teenage ALIEN Mutant Turtles,we all need to keep complaining and do it even louder. The Transformers fans did the same thing,and look how those movies turned out....and,sorry to say,there are WAAAYYYY more Transformers fans than TMNT fans,and they were pretty damn vocal about Bay's work too. I honestly dont see how we can stop this,but if there IS a way....we need to find it fast. I love Transformers but those flicks were unwatchable....garbage cinema in every sense of the word. And they made a fortune(which is all the studios care about).

I advise you all to start drinking heavily and prepare yourselves for a TMNT movie full of masturbation/poo/pee jokes and long lingering shots of a teenage April O'Neil washing the Turtle Van in yellow cutoffs(that...doesnt sound so bad granted,but c'mon.....you know what I mean).
longbowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:32 PM   #269
Bob
Stone Warrior
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK, England
Posts: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowhunter View Post
I'm sorry,but if this movie is going to feature Teenage ALIEN Mutant Turtles,we all need to keep complaining and do it even louder. The Transformers fans did the same thing,and look how those movies turned out....and,sorry to say,there are WAAAYYYY more Transformers fans than TMNT fans,and they were pretty damn vocal about Bay's work too. I honestly dont see how we can stop this,but if there IS a way....we need to find it fast. I love Transformers but those flicks were unwatchable....garbage cinema in every sense of the word. And they made a fortune(which is all the studios care about).

I advise you all to start drinking heavily and prepare yourselves for a TMNT movie full of masturbation/poo/pee jokes and long lingering shots of a teenage April O'Neil washing the Turtle Van in yellow cutoffs(that...doesnt sound so bad granted,but c'mon.....you know what I mean).
Stop the film from being made? My word.....

This is actually starting to get quite absurd.

I can’t wait for the “I think I’ll give this film a chance” posts after we see the teaser trailer by next summer.

Last edited by Bob; 03-20-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:34 PM   #270
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Stop it the film from being made? By word.....

This is actually starting to get quite absurd.

I can’t wait for the “I think I’ll give this film a chance” posts after we see the teaser trailer by next summer.
I can't stop laughing at the Turtles section on Tumblr and the actually number of death threats Bay is getting. It's actually quite amazing!
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:39 PM   #271
Bob
Stone Warrior
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK, England
Posts: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
I can't stop laughing at the Turtles section on Tumblr and the actually number of death threats Bay is getting. It's actually quite amazing!
I'll tell you, this whole thing is getting ridiculous. Michael Bay must be laughing his arse off, and I can't blame him. Once again, this is why fan-bases get a hugely bad rap all over the world. It’s a shame, because many people think that fools like that make up the majority of fan-bases. People don't realise that they just make up a very vocal minority.

Last edited by Bob; 03-20-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:40 PM   #272
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
I can't stop laughing at the Turtles section on Tumblr and the actually number of death threats Bay is getting. It's actually quite amazing!
That makes me uncomfortable. Not that any of them are credible, but it makes us look like psycho's.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:41 PM   #273
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Stop it the film from being made? By word.....

This is actually starting to get quite absurd.

I can’t wait for the “I think I’ll give this film a chance” posts after we see the teaser trailer by next summer.
Same here. As much as I don't like Bay for his Transformers films, wouldn't want the film to be canceled. Let's hope the writers for the film know what they are doing and make this film a success.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:42 PM   #274
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
That makes me uncomfortable. Not that any of them are credible, but it makes us look like psycho's.
Casualllllssss~
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:44 PM   #275
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Casualllllssss~
Also hardcoorrrrreeeeesssss
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:17 PM   #276
longbowhunter
Random Punk
 
longbowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Deep in the Turtle-Cave
Posts: 39
But see...thats the thing. A lot of the fans have ALREADY given Michael Bay a chance. I was fairly open minded going into the first Transformers movie. And it stunk on ice. I honestly would have rather gotten NO sequels instead of the two(and now possibly 3) that we got. And from what Bay has said so far,it sounds like his version of the TMNT is going down the same horrible road. First it'll be Alien Turtles. Then the CGI will be so bad and so horrible you wont be able to tell one turtle from the other. Splinter will be played by Kevin James in a rat suit. The Shredder(played by Will Smith) will piss pink ooze that transforms random gang members into Beebop and Rocksteady(who will act and sound like the racist twins from Transformers 2). You'll see....YOU'LL ALL SEE!!!!!!!!
longbowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:25 PM   #277
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Bay directed Transformers. He's just producing this. Keep your lame jokes to yourself before one of the bigger dum-dums takes you seriously.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:31 PM   #278
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowhunter View Post
I'm sorry,but if this movie is going to feature Teenage ALIEN Mutant Turtles,we all need to keep complaining and do it even louder. The Transformers fans did the same thing,and look how those movies turned out....and,sorry to say,there are WAAAYYYY more Transformers fans than TMNT fans,and they were pretty damn vocal about Bay's work too. I honestly dont see how we can stop this,but if there IS a way....we need to find it fast. I love Transformers but those flicks were unwatchable....garbage cinema in every sense of the word. And they made a fortune(which is all the studios care about).

I advise you all to start drinking heavily and prepare yourselves for a TMNT movie full of masturbation/poo/pee jokes and long lingering shots of a teenage April O'Neil washing the Turtle Van in yellow cutoffs(that...doesnt sound so bad granted,but c'mon.....you know what I mean).
You're an idiot, sir. In the same post you said, ''those flicks were unwatchable....garbage cinema in every sense of the word.'' Then, ''And they made a fortune.''

Okaaaay.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:32 PM   #279
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowhunter View Post
But see...thats the thing. A lot of the fans have ALREADY given Michael Bay a chance. I was fairly open minded going into the first Transformers movie. And it stunk on ice. I honestly would have rather gotten NO sequels instead of the two(and now possibly 3) that we got. And from what Bay has said so far,it sounds like his version of the TMNT is going down the same horrible road. First it'll be Alien Turtles. Then the CGI will be so bad and so horrible you wont be able to tell one turtle from the other. Splinter will be played by Kevin James in a rat suit. The Shredder(played by Will Smith) will piss pink ooze that transforms random gang members into Beebop and Rocksteady(who will act and sound like the racist twins from Transformers 2). You'll see....YOU'LL ALL SEE!!!!!!!!
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:51 PM   #280
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
For the last time, Bay is not directing this movie nor is he one of the writers. He's the producer.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
live action films


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.