![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
That whack job behind you
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
|
IDW Bebop and Rocksteady
While the lovable goofball classic toon version of them will always have a special place in my heart, I love how badass they are this time around and I really want to see them stay that way in the new comic book! I'm really anxious to see them fight all four Turtles at some point! Their appearance does have me wondering if we'll get to see any other classic characters from the old days like Groundchuck and Dirtbag, or Jagwar and Dreadmon.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
|
Dude, they've been in what...5 pages. We have no clue how bad a... they are.
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 Last edited by Jester; 03-17-2012 at 04:11 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Space Knight
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
|
I would L-O-V-E to see Dirtbag get the IDW treatment!!! He was my favorite villain toy to play with as a kid just because of how cool his design was!
Shoate should pop up, too, at some point.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Dare To Be Stupid!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
That whack job behind you
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
|
The term can be relative. What seems badass to me may not be to you.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
|
At first I was adamantly opposed to seeing them in this comic, it seemed to me we were just getting the OT with a twist. I wanted something more like Mirage so this wasn't sitting to well with me. Then I realized something. I always tell people if they don't like something then don't read it. Besides who wants the same exact thing again? That and I have the Mirage stuff if I want to read that.
So I've come to terms with the IDW book and started to really enjoy it. I mean I enjoyed it before but now I really enjoy it more. I see it for what it is, it's own universe pulling from what came before. Bebop and Rocksteady are part of that. Now in the OT they are a couple of knuckle heads and seemed to get stupider the longer the show went on. Towards the end of their appearances they became more then a running gag on how they would screw things up. Even Turtles Forever used them as such. When they showed up for their brief time so far I figured that was how they'd be used again. I was surprised when it wasn't. After rereading the IDW comics a couple days ago I have to say I'm kind of interested in seeing what they do with them. Will they keep them as rough thugs who can actually fight or ar we destined to see the return of the bumbling idiots they became? Only time will tell. |
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
|
Considering how well Krang worked out I think Bebop and Rocksteady will be fine.
I think it's interesting they're working for the Foot, or at least that's what it appears to be. |
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 296
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Dare To Be Stupid!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
Jedi Master
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,188
|
The problem is alot of fans and creators associate characters by which version they appeared in. Most characters need to appear in more than one version to become thier own instead of just being tied to a certain flavor of TMNT. Bebop and Rocvksteady are perhaps its greatest victim. I don't want black and white comics as its not for me yet there are some who don't want original cartoon elements and characters that are usually tied to one or the other need to be worked for it not be tied to one version. 4Kids did a good job of introducing black and white comics characters now its time to build on the wealth of characters elsewhere so characters are not tied to one thing and have mulitple angles to look at.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon! |
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 296
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#12 | |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
|
Quote:
And if I were you I'd pick up these Mirage collections that IDW is releasing, you're missing out on some of the best Turtle stories ever told. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#13 | |
|
Weed Whacker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,411
|
Quote:
And I don't have the issue in front of me, but didn't Raphael like take down both Bebop and Rocksteady single-handedly? Not exactly a "guns blazing" entrance for the two of them, especially since their only conscionable purpose would be as "the muscle."
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#14 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 946
|
Yeah, they went down pretty easily... but I wonder how the turtles would fare against a large warthog man and an even larger rhino man.
Especially since this isn't an 80's saturday morning cartoon. |
|
|
|
|
|
#15 | |
|
Weed Whacker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,411
|
Quote:
Now it's kind of this shruggable, "Eh, they went down like wusses as humans. Maybe they'll be tougher when they're mutants, I guess" sort of thing.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 946
|
True enough. But then again.. the whole thing was supposed to be a setup anyway, right? Maybe they weren't supposed to try to actually defeat Raphael.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#17 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Posts: 954
|
That's what I figured too, but at the end, they're both griping about how they wouldn't have lost if they were mutants. I'm guessing the plan was to take Raphael out and Alopex was simply the diversion/back-up plan. Either way, it doesn't really matter. You can argue both sides of the coin: having them as badass humans will up the expectations for their mutant selves, but having them lose in this way can also emphasize the strength gained from being a mutant. It all depends on if the writing will come through on whatever they decide to do.
__________________
"Baxter, you slime puppy!" |
|
|
|
|
|
#18 | |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 296
|
Quote:
I am super curious what their connection to Shredder is. Especially since Alopex is a mutant who was shown in lab earlier in the comic.....hmmmmm... also, in all reality, we know there is something with the super serum and the turtles. So what average thug would be able to step up to the turtles? We saw the turtles going through Hob's men like a hot knife in butter. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#19 | |
|
Jedi Master
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,188
|
Quote:
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon! |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#20 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
|
I wonder when they'll even show up again. The Foot storyline is gearing up soon but I assume they'll be absent altogether because it doesn't make sense to include them before the first major Foot fight.
If/when they inevitably return, I hope we see a bit more of their human forms before they mutate. |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|